Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 12th, 2024, 6:29pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Need a cute business name... »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Community
   The Grapevine
(Moderators: Heather, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Need a cute business name...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need a cute business name...  (Read 4020 times)
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Re: Need a cute business name...
« Reply #45 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 9:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've been trying to come up with a cute name for your business, Crypto, but nothing comes to mind.  But your blankets look wonderful ... and of course your little model is quite the cutey!
How much are you planning on selling these for?  I may like to buy one, as I'm going to a baby shower on July 6th ....
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2002, 9:49am by MzzJoplin » IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #46 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 10:23am »

Sorry to be so slow....but something finally kicked in this morning.  How about CuddleSome or a play on the words?  KuddleKiddie, KuddleSum, CuddleTot?

I know finding a name not already in use is a pain.  Good luck with your venture.....they do look cuddlesome.
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #47 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 11:52am »

Cheddar, I will be sewing all the blanks, burp cloths and crib sheets myself.  The robe, slippers and adult size sheets will be added at a later date.  When I can afford to add a professional sewer.

Thai Dyed, I can't give you a price right this second.  I'm still trying to get the price of purchasing the flannel wholesale.  I've seen similar blankets on the internet for 25-40 dollars.  I can tell you that that price is grossly over inflated and mine will be much, much lower.  As soon as I can I'll get you a price.

Pocket, I like Kuddle with a K.  I'll add that to my back up list.  Right now I'm setting with Snug Bug Kids Company.  If I find there are going to be trademark issues then I'll be back to the drawing board and my back up list will come out.  Good suggestion, thanks!
IP Logged
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

« Reply #48 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 12:00pm »

Thai Dyed, I can't give you a price right this second.  I'm still trying to get the price of purchasing the flannel wholesale.  I've seen similar blankets on the internet for 25-40 dollars.  I can tell you that that price is grossly over inflated and mine will be much, much lower.  As soon as I can I'll get you a price.

Thanks Crypto!  Grin
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Pegger
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

sgezok1
View Profile

« Reply #49 on: Jun 28th, 2002, 2:26pm »

Roll EyesHmmmmm....how about something simple like....LoveWrappersEtc...Huh?  I thought of the "Etc" because somewhere down the line, you may want to add more products.  

All the best to you T!  You're gonna do alllll right! Cool
IP Logged

Grahndmahmah....s'wonderful
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #50 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 6:04am »

Hi Crypto.  Here's a quick update. I squeezed in the two searches yesterday while waiting for my relatives to arrive from the airport.  

Snug Bug Kids comes up with no hits in Canada.

In the USA there are two hits.  I don't have them in front of me. Neither one is exactly the same but they have all three words in their marks.  One is closer than the other.  In any event they relate to services not wares.  Meaning the one is for the service of installing car seats and other one is for running a charity.  

I think you have a good chance with Snug Bug Kids.  

Good Luck.  I love your blankets and I did get your PM but I have not had a chance to respond.  You are a very kind lady!  We always knew that.  Give Francesca a hug from Wednesday.

Addams
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #51 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 6:15am »

By the way Wrapped in Love is not available in the USA.  There is already Wrapped with Love for the wares baby receiving blankets etc.

I think the two that Maggi suggested will work as well but it looks like Snug Bug Kids is also a go.  good luck!

keep in mind that if you want to register these trade-marks in the future someone else may apply before you.  this may mean that you are limited to state rights only and not federal rights.  

This is not a legal opinion by the way!
IP Logged
LibertyBelle
ForumsNet Member

libertybelle28  
View Profile

« Reply #52 on: Jun 29th, 2002, 9:00am »

I've been following this thread along, but I have no gift for thinking up names or logos, so I have absolutely nothing of value to add LOL. Just wanted to check in to say good luck, and I think your ideas are great.  
 Grin Wink Cool
IP Logged

I watch from the wings at the play you are staging - while I'm sitting here doing nothing but aging.
~ George Harrison ~
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #53 on: Jul 7th, 2002, 7:48pm »

Crypto, how is the paperwork coming along on Snug Bug Kids Company.  I noticed your signature line.  Looks like that's what you decided to go with.  I like it!  Cool

A new business is born! Snug Bug Kids Company ROCKS
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2002, 7:51pm by Addams » IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #54 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 8:10am »

The paperwork is sitting here staring at me.  Since I am a perfectionist about some thing in my life, I have been preforming more research on the name.  What I have found are two web sites using snugbug.  One is in the states and the other is in the UK.  While I don't expect to go international (at least not yet), I really want a company name that isn't similar to something already on the market.  So, I'm sitting here wavering back and forth deciding whether or not to use Snug Bug Kids.  It's really grown on me, so I'm very torn.  Cry
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #55 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 12:21pm »

Good for you to keep up the research.  It'svery hard to find a unique name.  You usually are best off to go with a made up name or a name that is associated with something entirely different.  

For example, the name Cheddar.  It is usually associated with cheese but if you used it in association with your kids blankets it is more likely that others are not using it in association with kids clothes.

Those other two companies can you give us their names exactly and also what type of business they are in?

Good luck!  Please keep us posted Wink

Addams
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #56 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 2:40pm »

addams,

Here are those other two web sites I found.   www.snug-bug.com www.snugbugs.co.uk

The first site is in the states and has only a few items show.  They look like diaper covers.

The second site is almost idential to my idea except their blankets are made from fleece.  Beware, you'll need sunglasses to view this site.

IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #57 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 5:59pm »

Angry copmany 2 will definitely keep you out of the UK

company one - may or may not be a problem.  They seem really small.  Any other names?
IP Logged
crypto
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #58 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 9:00pm »

on Jul 8th, 2002, 5:59pm, addams wrote:
Any other names?

No!!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
IP Logged
Addams
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #59 on: Jul 8th, 2002, 10:05pm »

on Jul 8th, 2002, 9:00pm, crypto wrote:

No!!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

OMG! this is breaking my heart.  Let's see if we can start that creative process again.  If you want to sell over the internet that UK company may be an annoyance.  You could just say not available in the UK or available in the UK under a different name.

Folks - any more suggestions?

By the way there is a program on tomorrow on a Canadian News show about calming your baby.  The key is wrapping them up!  We did that all the time with Wednesday and it's a great technique.

Don't despair Crypto we will find the right name for your new company.  What about using some part of your kids names?
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 1 2 3 4 5 6  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.