Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 11:11am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Hanso Foundation Website »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Hanso Foundation Website
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Hanso Foundation Website  (Read 705 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

The Hanso Foundation Website
« on: Oct 6th, 2005, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For those of us who are totally obsessed.... who loved www.oceanic-air.com and www.oceanicflight815.com... and new site to explore.. Apparently added to the "fun" after last nights episode.
  www.thehansofoundation.org

I'm off to look for easter eggs... Smiley
« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2005, 2:07pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

Re: The Hanso Foundation
« Reply #1 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 8:37pm »

OK, I have to ask: why do you keep referring to Easter eggs?  Did I miss something?

On ABC's Lost message boards, the talk is that the blonde female professor and her bearded paranormal psychiatrist husband in the orientation film are the man and woman aboard the boat that kidnapped Walt and that the twin males also on board are their sons.

Also, there was speculation on that board that the black man amongst those who took Sawyer, Jin, and Michael is the husband of the black lady who insists that her husband (who was in the tail section at the time of the crash) survived.  I have to disagree, however.  For one thing, I think that man is too rugged and young to be her husband and I swear I heard him speak English with an African-ish accent.  I still say he's from that small plane that Locke and Boone found in the tree.

Yesteach, I KNOW you're gonna be watching that orientation film over and over again!  Wink   If you happen to catch anything new, please let us know!  Cheesy
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 8:56pm »

First, Easter eggs are hidden things on the page or on DVD's that you have to search for.  For example - on the DVD's the "extras" one... instead of clicking up and down.. click left and right.. and the cursor will pop off the list and onto other places (there are four that I know of, and I've searched all over that one.. not searched all the episode ones).  After the cursor pops off the list, click enter and it will show you short clips.  They're called Easter eggs because you have to go hunt them, like an Easter egg.. Smiley

NOW, as for Rose's hubby.. not the black guy, if they'd just do a bit of investigation, hubby is about to show up.. either in an episode or in a flashback... and the person listed as playing him is not the black guy from Orientation.  I'm not sure where he's from, I think he was just a passenger in the rear of the plane with the rest - since we know that's where Ana Lucia was.  I think all those people are suviviors for the tail... that's just my thought, no proof... yet.. Smiley

Hadn't thought about those two being the ones on the boat.. My first thought would be, that film was made in the 1960's.. so those people would now be 40 years older than then... thinking that would make them about what... 65ish??  Which normally would cause me to say.. Nope, can't be them... however.... IF you go to the Hanso Foundation website.. there are several "projects" of the foundation listed.. and one of them is "Hanso Life Extension Project"... Shocked

I'm still looking into the BF Skinner connection (Walden II comes to mind) and am going to get a copy of The Third Policeman and read it (since it was supposed to be important to this episode).  

I was talking to a friend today... and we got into the "Wrinkle in Time, Watership Down, Third Policeman, Screwtape Letter" conversation (and now also Walden II if you go with the Skinner thing)... we decided the whole show is just trying to promote literacy... stop watching so much TV and read a book... :laff:

By the way, if you go to this site, (hanso) and go below the list of projects, "Dharma Initiative" pops up... and you can watch the orientation video again... and again... and again... Smiley  Which brings up the whole issue of Dharma and swans and the connection there.. and why Dharma??... so many questions, so little time.. LOL
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2005, 9:28pm »

OK, rupey, since you brought it up... check out this pic  
http://humpys.net/images/theothers.jpg

It could very well be them!!
IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

Re: The Hanso Foundation Website
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 9:23am »

haha, check  out this site and see what you think Wink

https://www.thehansofoundation.org/

(note the added "s"
IP Logged
NiTTYZ
ForumsNet Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 10:19am »

on Oct 12th, 2005, 9:23am, AoM wrote:
haha, check  out this site and see what you think Wink

https://www.thehansofoundation.org/

(note the added "s"

What the....?! Brought me to this site: http://www.bigspaceship1.com/
IP Logged
Rupey
ForumsNet Member

Can't top Pearl Islands!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 4:00pm »

...which in turn, just showed a white mouse atop a red slice of swiss cheese on my screen.

I'm a little scared by all these websites that Lost enthusiasts are finding and/or creating.  I'm thinking phising and viruses.  YT, you know more about that stuff than I do, though.
IP Logged

"Lord, please make me the person my dog thinks I am."
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 5:48pm »

The bottom of the big space ship website is morse code...

Got this off a talkback at AICN

My morse is a little rusty, but the message reads, "A long time ago, on an island far far away" (The original morse code is: .- .-.. --- -. --. - .. -- . .- --. --- --..-- --- -. .- -. .. ... .-.. .- -. -.. ..-. .- .-. ..-. .- .-. .- .-- .- -.-- ) The music is "Peter Cottontail" by Gene Autry & I can't quite make out the high pitched voice is saying, other than "Attention all rodents, attention all rodents.... revolution... face that launched a nation... attention all rodents, attention all rodents."
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.