Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 25th, 2024, 12:13pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Season Finale - Live Together, Die Alone (May 24) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Season Finale - Live Together, Die Alone (May 24)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Season Finale - Live Together, Die Alone (May 24)  (Read 1968 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Season Finale - Live Together, Die Alone (May 24)
« on: Apr 8th, 2006, 7:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

No title yet for this episode, lots of specualtion about what it might be... many are thinking "Genesis" to go with the "Exodus" from last season...  

some wiseguy added that next year's finale would be called "Deuteronomy"... LOL
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2006, 3:24pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Season Finale (May 24)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29th, 2006, 2:42pm »

"Live Together, Die Alone" - After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch, on the season finale of "Lost," WEDNESDAY, MAY 24 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: Season Finale - Live Together, Die Alone (May
« Reply #2 on: May 22nd, 2006, 9:23pm »

After a long boring season, it's time the show had some pizazz to the ending  
of season 2!  It's a toss up as to which show was more boring the first half of  
the season, Desperate Housewives or Lost!   Roll Eyes
I'm ready for excitement!  Bring it on..............
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 22nd, 2006, 9:28pm »

We're having a LOST party - all my LOST buddies at school.  Food and drink and friends and LOST... what a great way to spend the evening.  And Thursday is a workday for us (no kids) so we can enjoy and not have to worry about work the next day.. Cheesy
IP Logged

Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 24th, 2006, 3:35pm »

i cant wait for tonight its gonna be sick  :rifle: :cheer: :clap: :island:
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 24th, 2006, 8:20pm »

OMG... so many things, so little time (have to go watch Hugh on Jimmy Kimmel)

First of all, awesome finale... lots of things I didn't see coming... never even thought about Michael taking them to the a different place than the beach... and what's up with the four toed foot??  My friend and I who watched together both immediately thought "They're on the planet of the apes".. LOL.

Was glad to see Desmond back... and shock of shocks... Kelvin!!  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.. but isn't that the same guy who was in the army and turned Sayid into a "torturer?"  

My daughter caught the "David" thing with Libby... David, i.e. Dave??  Could Hurley's imaginary friend be Libby's hubby?  Is that why she was stalking Hurley (as I believe she was??)

I can't wait til tomorrow to download this and watch again.. so many things I want to see...  

And.. don't miss the newest website clue in the Lost Experience.. www.hansocareers.com - five job postings and an email address to contact.. :-D
IP Logged

AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: May 25th, 2006, 3:51am »

Ok I admit I watched this very late last night and was falling asleep during the last half hour

But...

Foot thing, weird
How long will it take Sayid to realize that Jack et al aren't coming?
What's with the stonehenge?
Is Henry "him"?
Will Walt and Michael make it home safely?
What did Henry mean when he said "We got more than we bargained for when Walt joined us"
Is there a timeline here?  That would be great..like how long before she went into the hospital did Libby mee Desmond?  Did she enter the hospital because of her husband, or because she was a pathological liar? (which has been said on boards but never the show)

So many questions!!
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: May 25th, 2006, 5:20am »

My daughter doesn't think that Walt is the "real" Walt... clone, twin, something, but it's not Walt.  Walt would have said something.. first off he'd have yelled "DAD" the minute he saw him... not just sat there looking all glassy eyed and smiling.   The real Walt would have also said something about leaving their friends behind.. not just smiled and hugged him and sat back down... it was weird... the thing I noticed was the weird look on his face after they were leaving... waiting for the epi on iTunes so I can download and rewatch..
IP Logged

Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 25th, 2006, 6:16am »

For those who may have missed the episode ......

Thursday, May 25, 2006; Posted: 7:55 a.m. EDT (11:55 GMT)  

Editor's Note: The following story contains spoilers. If you'd rather not know what happened on "Lost," please stop reading now.

Go no further if you don't want to know what happened (or may have happened).

Roughly two months -- or, more accurately, two TV seasons in real time -- after Oceanic Flight 815 crash-landed by this lost tropical island, viewers learned:

The sailboat seen at the end of last week's episode belonged to Desmond, who had been found at the start of this season in the hatch when the castaways first made their entrance. Grateful to hand to someone else the weird computer-entry task, Desmond ran away -- and set sail in the boat he had arrived in years earlier. But after 2 1/2 weeks on the water, he had gotten nowhere. "There's no outside world, there's no escape," he wailed, drunk and despondent, when the castaways retrieved him from the sailboat just offshore.

What may have caused the jetliner's crash: an excessive buildup of electromagnetic energy that Desmond, as the hatch's occupant at the time, failed to properly diffuse.

Why that numbered sequence (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) needed to be entered on the keyboard every 108 minutes: To diffuse the powerful buildup safely. So the audience learned that the button really did need to be pushed, and wasn't a meaningless exercise after all, which became a season-long issue that on the finale fueled a raging argument between Locke (the disillusioned former believer) and Mr. Eko (the fiercely loyal convert to the button-pushing cause). After an explosion in the hatch, they were both unaccounted for.

Finally, Michael seemed to prove without a doubt that he would sell out his friends to save himself and his son, Walt, who was kidnapped at the end of last season by the Others.  

After having been brainwashed by the Others, Michael had gunned down fellow castaways Ana Lucia and Libby a few episodes ago to facilitate the escape of Henry, an "Other" from across the island whom the castaways had been holding captive.

Then -- despite the best efforts of Jack and Sayid to outmaneuver him -- Michael made good on his plan to deliver Jack, Hurley, Sawyer and Kate to the Others in exchange for getting Walt back.

Hurley was released by the Others with an order to return to camp and warn the rest of the castaways against retaliating.

"But what about my friends?" Hurley protested.

"Your friends are coming home with us," said Henry, the Other who had been held in the hatch.

While Jack, Sawyer and Kate looked on, bound and gagged, Michael and Walt were given a motor boat to make their safe escape.

"My hunch is, you won't say a word to anybody," Henry told Michael as he sent him on his way, "because if you do, people will find out what you did to get your son back."

"Who ARE you people?" asked Michael, voicing the question that has plagued "Lost" viewers all season.

"We're the good guys, Michael," Henry said simply.

Disinclined to argue and at last reunited with Walt, Michael piloted his boat to apparent freedom.

Hoods were pulled over the heads of Jack, Sawyer and Kate. Their safety while in the Others' custody was assured by Henry. But viewers will have to wait until fall to see.  
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 25th, 2006, 12:28pm »

I've read several comment on the Fuselage by folks who missed the last few minutes.. thought the "hood pulling thing" was the end... but there was another scene after with two guys in a "frozen location" (some said Russia, others said Antarctica) watching for electromagnetic anomalies.  When Locke didn't push the button and the magnet wasn't diffused again, they got a reading on their machines... and called their benefactor to let her know that it had occured again.  The benefactor was Penelope Widmore, Desmonds girlfriend, the one in the picture in the hatch...
IP Logged

Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 25th, 2006, 2:21pm »

Yes, I saw that. I just pulled the recap over from another site. I was totally blown away by the lat 90 seconds.  

Who is Penny really? Is the snowbound station the job posting in Hansocareers.com?
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 25th, 2006, 2:47pm »

I was wondering about what the russians said to her

"Its him" or something right?  Is she looking for desmond? does she know he's on that island?? how?

I almost cried though, he's dead (probably) and she's still got the picture of them on her nightstand Sad
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 25th, 2006, 5:09pm »

After a long very boooring season, it concludes with a longer booooring finale!
I know, I know all you dyed -in-the-wool "Lost" fans will get after me but,  
it takes allkinds of show........this one just does zilch for me!

I'm happy that all of you enjoyed it!  Grin
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: May 25th, 2006, 9:56pm »

on May 25th, 2006, 2:47pm, AoM wrote:
I was wondering about what the russians said to her

"Its him" or something right?  Is she looking for desmond? does she know he's on that island?? how?

I almost cried though, he's dead (probably) and she's still got the picture of them on her nightstand Sad

she has to know he was lost during he race..her father was sponsoring it.I think widmore is affiliated with hanso and penny knows the info about the island, but not where it is. yet if she watches for an electromagnetic anomoly, she might be able to find it.

also, i thot russian also, but i've also heard they were speaking portuguese...
IP Logged

Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 27th, 2006, 6:05am »

In the podcast, they said the men were speaking Portugese....Brazilian Portugese.  ( A clue into where they are?)  We know they are somewhere cold, which could be the poles, or anywhere close, or on a mountain.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.