Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 12:30pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Did Lost Jump the Dharma Shark? »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Did Lost Jump the Dharma Shark?
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Did Lost Jump the Dharma Shark?  (Read 800 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: May 7th, 2006, 1:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Matt Mitovich
5/4/2006 2:03 PM  
TVGuide.com  

SPOILER ALERT regarding last night's Lost, although I'll do my best to keep stray eyes from stumbling across it. But wow, huh? Bang, bang, two tailies full of bullet holes. Considering who played them and the real-life arrests each was involved in, did Lost make a mistake in at least giving off the appearance that it was "punishing" those cast members? While series execs tell the Ausiello Report that wasn’t the case at all, "It's hard to separate that as a viewer," a publicist at a rival network tells TVGuide.com. "This just happened to coincide with [the actors' arrests]? Chalk it up to bad timing!" Marc Berman, television analyst for MediaWeek.com, agrees, telling us, "The shootings sent shockwaves, but what immediately and unfortunately comes to mind is the DUI arrests. Were the producers trying to do the right thing ethics-wise, or is the (presumed) double departure really that pivotal to the story line? Until we get answers and get them by season's end, killing off two characters at once would be an ultimate suicide mission."  

UPDATE: I love Lost but still, I must report this: Per the Nielsen overnights, "Two for the Road" (as it was titled) drew 15 million viewers, a hair fewer than this season's previous low for a new episode (Rose/Bernard's April 12 outing).  
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Did Lost Jump the Dharma Shark?
« Reply #1 on: May 7th, 2006, 1:58pm »

I sure hate to hear that their ratings are sinking.  If the shows could just run consecutively, how much less would that drop be?  It's frustrating.
IP Logged
luci
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 7th, 2006, 3:34pm »

Last year it was ok, sorry for all you 'LOST' lovers, but to me it is  
too boring!  Moves slow, too much backtracking on characters.
Maybe others are feeling the way I've felt for a long long time,  
but we still  Roll Eyes watching it!  At least this season!
IP Logged

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and
can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 7th, 2006, 4:17pm »

They've explained why they did it already... Michelle Rodriguez' original contract was for one season only - her request - she did not want to be tied down to a TV series for longer than that.  Watros' (while I have no idea what her original contract was) has signed to do another series for the fall, so I'm guessing she was under a year also, or she'd not have been free to do this already.

I'm still an addict, watch them over and over, love the clue hunts, and now the ARG, the other websites (Hanso, Widmore, Gary Troup, Oceanic, Flight 815).  It's still a huge discussion topic at our house and for our extended family and friends.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: May 26th, 2007, 1:59pm »

I was so sad Libby was killed! (even though I was spoiled) Her death didn't make sense. How would the questions about her be answered? Why was she in the mental hospital with Hurley? Was she really so rich that she could easily give up her boat to Desmond?  

I didn't know that both the actors were arrested in RL. Hmmm...
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 26th, 2007, 2:06pm »

Well, also the actress playing Libby had another job...  TPTB have said they're going to tell the rest of Libby's story through anothre character's flashback.. I'm guessing Desmond?
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.