Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 2:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « 'Greenlight' film opening »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   'Greenlight' film opening
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 'Greenlight' film opening  (Read 496 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Aug 26th, 2003, 4:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) -- The filmmakers at the center of HBO's "Project Greenlight" say they didn't even finish watching the television series, which they thought portrayed them negatively.  

Instead, Kyle Rankin and Efram Potelle began focusing on the theatrical release of the film the series chronicled them creating, "The Battle of Shaker Heights," which opened Friday in New York and Los Angeles.  

If the film earns critical praise or box office success, or helps land them other major movie jobs, then looking silly on national television will have been a small price to pay, they say.  

"The movie will be our redemption," Rankin said from Los Angeles. "We wished the show showed more of the fun we did have making (the film). But I think through this we've learned to have thicker skin."  

Rankin and Potelle, both 30, appeared in the HBO documentary series as a condition of winning the "Project Greenlight" contest, which Matt Damon and Ben Affleck established to help aspiring filmmakers.  

They were filmed 12 to 13 hours a day, and they knew there was a good chance they'd look like novices. Cameras caught the infighting, name-calling and backstabbing that sometimes takes place on film sets but is rarely seen in great detail in American living rooms.  

But the pair, who previously made independent films in Portland, got to direct a $2 million film. The story, set in the upscale Cleveland suburb of Shaker Heights, Ohio, focuses on a teenage boy (Shia LaBeouf) who's obsessed with battle scene re-enactments.  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: 'Greenlight' film opening
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26th, 2003, 4:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I don't know if anyone else watched Project Greenlight this season, but I did and enjoyed it quite a bit.  I'm actually disappointed this film isn't coming to my city.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.