Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:37am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « Fraser Confirms He's Up for 'Superman' »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Fraser Confirms He's Up for 'Superman'
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Fraser Confirms He's Up for 'Superman'  (Read 334 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Nov 8th, 2003, 6:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Fri, Nov 07, 2003, 01:11 PM PT
By Mike Szymanski

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Look, up in the sky, it's a guy swinging from a tree, it's a guy running from a mummy ... nope, it's Brendan Fraser.  

The guy who's played "George of the Jungle," starred in two "Mummy" movies and is about to co-star with Bugs Bunny in the upcoming "Looney Tunes: Back in Action"(opening nationwide Friday, Nov. 14), has confirmed to Zap2it.com that he's up for consideration to play the Man of Steel.  

"Yeah, I've been approached, and I'm interested," says Fraser. "It's a possibility."  

The actor is eager to play the caped Superman as well as mild-mannered Clark Kent, even though he's already brought to life the iconic "George of the Jungle" and "Dudley Do-Right."

"I mean, it's Superman, after all," Fraser says. "It comes down to a decision made from the studio level way on high, and it's something I have to consider carefully because the actor, whoever it is who plays that role, is historically forever known as that character. He's a superhero with no mask."  

After a few false starts, Warner Bros. confirms having a script for the project by J.J. Abrams ("Alias"), which Fraser says he's read and claims, "It's a really good script."  

"Charlie's Angels" director McG is attached to the project, now tentatively named "Kal-El: Genesis of Superman."  

Fraser claims to know nothing more about the project, but insists, "I'm not trying to be funny, but stay tuned."  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.