Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 11:32am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Meet my folks »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Meet my folks
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Meet my folks  (Read 585 times)
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Meet my folks
« on: Jul 11th, 2002, 5:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

MEET MY FOLKS -- Forget having to impress the date of your dreams, first you have to pass parental inspection in this one-hour reality game show coming to NBC in July. In the first episode, three eligible bachelors spend three days with their potential Miss Right -- and her family in their home. During the course of the long weekend, each contestant's character and intentions are put to the test through a series of revealing conversations and interactions the parents of their potential love match. The ultimate victor will enjoy a week in Hawaii with the woman of their dreams, with her family's blessings. "Meet My Folks" is from NBC Studios and Nash Entertainment. Bruce Nash ("World's Most Amazing Videos") is the executive producer. TV-PG

Premieres July 22nd
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Tsunami
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Meet my folks
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 2:38am »

I caught the first one and it was pretty funny, though not the best television ever.. It's either confidence boosting (the guys all cheated and lied, sheesh) or depressing (the girl still wanted them all) I can't decide which yet.  It's on again wednesday, and I'll be watching.
IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 24th, 2002, 7:06am »

I missed the first one, thanks for letting me know its on again tonight Tsunami, I really wanted to check this out, the previews look hilarious.
IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Jul 25th, 2002, 11:37am »

I watched this show last night and it was hilarious!  I loved it!  The father was an awesome intimidator and the fellas were pretty outrageous.  I wouldn't have felt good about letting my daughter date any of them...but the lie detector sessions were priceless, I never laughed so hard during a reality series....omg. Cheesy
IP Logged

*Go Wings Go*
Tsunami
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 26th, 2002, 2:54am »

If you liked that episode this much you really should've seen the first one, the father was much more strict and the guys were all much sleazier.  I am really looking forward to Wednesday's episode, a military father.. that's just gonna be funny.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19th, 2002, 2:09pm »

I've just started watching this and caught the last 2 episodes, and thought it was just hilarious.
IP Logged
Tsunami
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Aug 20th, 2002, 1:25am »

Yes, it is Smiley Tonight's episode had females competing to date a male, and I didn't like it as much.. women just aren't as horrible as us guys Wink
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20th, 2002, 8:24am »

Yeah I watched that.. I think the "girl next-door" type just got nervous and freaked out on her lie-detector test.. I didn't feel like she was really lying on a couple of those.  Especially the way she talked about it afterward, I think she just had too much anxiety and it caused her to fail the test miserably.  Oh well, the other gal was a better match for the son anyway, who in my opinion, was no prize.
IP Logged
east
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

sigh

48936621 48936621   eastendgirlbc   eastendgirlBC
View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Aug 21st, 2002, 1:04am »

:laugh: rhune!  i agree with you 100%!  if only two of those girls could see how gross their makeup looked on tv!   :barf:  

just my  :freak:  :2cents:,

east
IP Logged

read, study, reflect, write, read, study, reflect, spell check, write
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 19th, 2002, 9:41pm »

NBC Needs More 'Folks'
Fri, Oct 18, 2002 06:07 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - NBC is seeking parents of dating-age sons and daughters to look on in horror as three single contestants compete in challenges and undergo a lie detector test to win a Hawaiian vacation with their offspring. Competitive singles are also being sought -- the ability to charm parents and beat a lie detector is a plus.

"Meet My Folks," the one-hour dating reality series, is holding a casting call for its second season on NBC. Prospective contestants will include attractive single men and women between the ages of 18 and 30 with a few professional actors and models thrown in for good measure. Interested families must have a single son or daughter in that age range, and should be up for being videotaped over a weekend while entertaining the prospective dates.

All those attending the audition must bring a photo identification (including family shots if warranted). The screening process will be conducted from 12 noon to 4 p.m. at the Sunset-Gower Studios, 1434 N. Gower St., Hollywood, California (Building 35 -- Suite 260).

The new series was the No. 3 show of the summer among Adults 18 to 49, and averaged a 5.2 rating/14 share and 10.7 million viewers. It was undefeated in the younger demographic in its Monday 10 p.m. slot, defeating "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and pre-season football on ABC.  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #10 on: Oct 31st, 2002, 8:19am »

'Meet My Folks' Heads Overseas
Wed, Oct 30, 2002 05:47 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Several of the most successful reality series on television -- "Survivor," "Big Brother," "American Idol" -- originated in Europe, then came to the United States.

NBC's dating show "Meet My Folks" is about to reverse that trend.

NBC Enterprises, which distributes the network's programs worldwide, and producer Nash Entertainment have sold rights to the show to the BBC, which will develop a version of the series for the United Kingdom. London-based DLT Entertainment will produce the show overseas.

"I am thrilled to be bringing ['Meet My Folks'] to the BBC," says Bruce Nash, head of Nash Entertainment. "I hope to have as many people laughing in the U.K. as we've had here in America."  

"Meet My Folks" follows three people as they spend a long weekend with the family of one member of the opposite sex. Through a series of games and other interactions -- including a lie-detector test -- the parents of the trio's would-be boy- or girlfriend decide which one they want their child to date.

The show debuted on NBC over the summer and quickly the network's top summer series among adults 18-49. Additional episodes are planned for midseason.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 8:49am »

NBC Reprograms Saturdays with 'Meet My Folks'
Mon, Dec 16, 2002 02:51 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - After a few years of airing nothing but movies on Saturday nights, NBC is taking steps toward bringing back original programming to its slate for that evening.

The network will bring back "Meet My Folks," a dating show that delivered solid ratings over the summer, in late January for an 11-episode run. It will air at 10 p.m. ET Saturdays, preceded by two hours of reruns from the "Law & Order" franchise.

"We're excited to return to Saturday nights with one of the strongest shows from last summer," NBC Entertainment president Jeff Zucker says. "We think viewers will once again respond to this fun, light-hearted reality show."  

"Meet My Folks," in which three people compete to impress the parents of their would-be boy- or girlfriend, averaged 10.7 million viewers a week during the summer. NBC would probably be thrilled with that number for the upcoming run; its Saturday-night movies are drawing only about 7 million viewers so far this season.

The show will actually make its debut at 9 p.m. ET Monday, Jan. 20, with back-to-back hours featuring the series' first continuing story arc. In those two episodes, eight women will vie for the chance to travel to Europe and meet a guy's parents. The three-part story will conclude Saturday, Jan. 25, when the show settles into its regular spot.

The show's producers are planning a couple of special episodes, including one in which teenagers make a match for their single parents and one that will find parents selecting a date for their son from a set of twins.
IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Dec 17th, 2002, 11:14am »

good! that show was hilarious!
IP Logged

*Go Wings Go*
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28th, 2003, 10:39am »

NBC Meets Seven More 'Folks'
Mon, Jan 27, 2003 07:37 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Even more singles will get put through the dating wringer as NBC has ordered seven additional episodes of reality/relationship show "Meet My Folks." The network promises that upcoming episodes will offer several new twists and themes, including three adult sons picking a man for their mother and three sets of identical twins competing for a trip with one man.

Future episodes will also venture outside of the parental abodes more. On Feb. 1 Melana Scantlin's parents will take her three suitors to a club and make each of them peform a five-minute comedy routine with no preparation. Then, on Feb. 8, Jacquelyn's Barnes' father Jack will take the three men interested in his daughter on an early morning skydiving trip.

Giancarlo Maniaci, whose appearance on the show last summer generated a ton of viewer mail, will also return to "Meet My Folks." However, this time, three women will compete to win a trip with him.

"Meet My Folks" airs Saturdays at 10 p.m. ET on NBC.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.