Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 9:39am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Celebrity Boot Camp »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Celebrity Boot Camp
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Celebrity Boot Camp  (Read 593 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Celebrity Boot Camp
« on: Aug 28th, 2002, 9:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If you thought the star wattage on Celebrity Boxing was low, check out the cast of Fox's upcoming Celebrity Boot Camp.  

Maybe they should have called it Former Celebrity Boot Camp.  

Despite the name, the list reveals that the hottest name on the list is...rapper Coolio, whose main claim to fame was the mid-'90s hit "Gangsta's Paradise." That and some unruly hair.  

Joining Coolio will be a cast worthy of a Love Boat episode: former pop idol (and Playboy centerfold) Tiffany; O.J. house guest Kato Kaelin; Married...with Children's David Faustino; surviving Milli Vanilli lip-syncer Fabrice Morvan; Baywatch babe Traci Bingham; enriched popster Vitamin C; Lorenzo Lamas of Falcon Crest fame; Brady Bunch star Barry Williams; and Price Is Right spokesmodel Nikki Schieler Ziering.  

The show, based on last year's celebrity-free Boot Camp, pairs the pseudo stars with two real-life Marine Corps instructors who will run them through a variety of mental and physical tests. The weak will be eliminated until just two stars remain standing. The finalists will then be put through "The Gauntlet," an eight-hour battle of wits and brawn. The winner, who will take home up to $100,000, will be determined using a combination of the dismissed recruits' votes and total "Gauntlet" victories.  

"Deprived of their usual luxuries, the celebrities will be forced to put their own personal limits to the test," says a release from the network.  

Though its unclear just what the luxury level is for stars like Barry Williams, who got clobbered by Danny Bonaduce on the first Celebrity Boxing, this new show is certainly not the first to try Tinseltown casting to keep the public's eyes trained on reality TV programming.  

Fear Factor did it last year in an episode in which the victor turned out to be...Coolio. Celebrity Boxing drew stellar ratings for its first and second installments. And CBS kicked around the possibility of a celebrity version of Survivor, but the idea was eventually shelved. Instead, producer Mark Burnett recently announced plans for a "Tournament of Champions," which would pit the four winners and popular non-winners against one another for the $1 million prize.  

Incidentally, the original Boot Camp drew ire from the producers of Survivor, who claimed the show was a blatant rip-off. Fox then accused CBS of rigging the show to draw ratings. A nasty set of lawsuits ensued, which were eventually settled quietly out of court last year.  

Meanwhile, Celebrity Boot Camp kicks off September 20 on Fox. The fifth installment of the CBS hit, Survivor: Thailand, debuts September 19.  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

Re: Celebrity Boot Camp
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28th, 2002, 9:18am »

FOX Enlists 10 for 'Celebrity Boot Camp'
Tue, Aug 27, 2002 10:36 AM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Picking up where "Celebrity Boxing" left off, FOX has signed up 10 famous or once-famous folks for its "Celebrity Boot Camp" special.

The special, scheduled for 8 p.m. ET Sept. 30, will put the 10 "recruits" -- who range from former "Falcon Crest" and "Renegade" star Lorenzo Lamas to '80s pop star and recent Playboy model Tiffany -- through a series of challenges led by drill instructors from the network's 2001 reality series.

The other participants are Traci Bingham ("Baywatch"), rapper Coolio, David Faustino ("Married ... with Children" ), Kato Kaelin, former Milli Vanilli singer Fabrice Morvan, singer Vitamin C, Barry Williams ("The Brady Bunch") and Nikki Schieler Ziering ("The Price Is Right").

Drill instructors Dave Francisco, Juanita Moore and Tony Rosenbum will put the players through their paces. All 10 will take part in a first "mission," after which four people will be eliminated. Four more will be sent packing after a second mission.

The final two competitors will compete in a series of eight challenges called "the Gauntlet," with the winner taking home up to $100,000.

Williams and Coolio have previously taken part in similar specials. Coolio competed in a celebrity edition of "Fear Factor," while Williams fought Danny Bonaduce in the first edition of "Celebrity Boxing."  

IP Logged
Darkside
ForumsNet Member

Reincarneted to take over the ladies hearts

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18th, 2002, 5:03pm »

that looks and sounds kool
IP Logged

DARKSIDE KNOWS WHERE U LIVE AND ITS COMING TO GET U and steal u beautiful ladies hearts whooohahahaha
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2002, 10:36am »

Unfortnately, as far as I can tell, it never aired...perhaps the dates were wrong in the original article, but they never listed a specific time, I never saw it show up on tvguide.com and I still haven't seen a single commercial for it.  Maybe it got relegated to mid-season replacement?
IP Logged
BlankWillWin
ForumsNet Member
USA 

The Psychotic Predictor

Elladan915@yahoo.com  
View Profile WWW Email

From tvguide online
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28th, 2002, 12:08pm »

Quote:
Celebrity Boot Camp
120 min.  
Ten entertainers sign up for some grueling competition and a chance to win up to $100,000 in this special edition of the reality game show, which premiered last March.
Three former Marine Corps drill instructors administer a little basic training, then dismiss four weak links after each of two missions. The two surviving recruits go head-to-head in a series of eight challenges called “The Gauntlet.”

The celeb squad includes actors Traci Bingham (Baywatch), Lorenzo Lamas, David Faustino and Barry Williams (who also fought on Fox's Celebrity Boxing); singers Fabrice Morvan (of Milli Vanilli), Coolio, Tiffany and Vitamin C; Kato Kaelin; and The Price Is Right spokesmodel Nikki Schieler Ziering.  

Rating: TV-PG  
Category: Reality TV  
Release Year: 2002  

Show times  
Date Time    
Monday, Sept. 30  8:00 PM

It will be on FOX here, anyway.

Eric.
IP Logged

The Artist formerly known as Tina, Ethan, Neleh, Helen, Deena, Tijuana, & AmberWillWin.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 29th, 2002, 9:31am »

Coolio Endures 'Boot Camp' on FOX
Fri, Sep 27, 2002 01:16 PM PDT  
by Heather Feher
Zap2it, TV News  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - When asked why he agreed to take part in FOX's reality special, "Celebrity Boot Camp," rapper-actor Coolio replies, "I was tricked into it."  

"I was told that it was like 'Fear Factor' or something, that it was not going to be like real boot camp and not to worry about it," he recalls. He ended up winning the NBC reality game show, but wasn't quite prepared for the challenges of the FOX special. "It was real boot camp, only worse, because we were celebrities and they wanted to really lay it on kind of thick," he says.

The Grammy Award-winning and multi-platinum recording artist appears alongside Traci Bingham ("Baywatch"), David Faustino ("Married…with Children" ), Lorenzo Lamas ("Renegade"), Barry Williams ("The Brady Bunch") and Nikki Schieler Ziering ("The Price is Right"). Other celebrities including Kato Kaelin, Milli Vanilli's Fabrice Morvan and pop singers Tiffany and Vitamin C don fatigues for the show.

Former Marine Corps drill instructors train and teach the recruits how to complete a variety mental and physical tests. Then they gradually narrow the field of players to the strongest two, who go on to compete in a grueling eight-event competition called the "Gauntlet." The winner takes home up to $100,000.

According to Coolio, the hardest part of the competition was not the physical challenges, it was the psychological aspect. "Some of the techniques they use are brainwashing techniques like sleep deprivation and that sort of thing," he says. "Also, the training is designed to create instantaneous obedience to orders. I totally understand it, it's just not for me," he laughs.

Although he's pretty good under stress, after his boot camp experience, Coolio doesn't think he's a born soldier. "I don't like people screaming and hollering at me, man. You don't have to do that to get your point across to me," he explains.

Coolio wouldn't reveal who won the competition, but the rapper says the most natural soldiers of the bunch were Barry Williams, Lorenzo Lamas and David Faustino. "They were gung ho," he says, but for the most part, the celebrities were "a bunch of cotton balls in a Q-Tip patch. They were soft, all of them," he says, and after a pause adds, "Even me, a little bit."  

In fact, he was ready to walk away after the first day. "A bunch of people were talking about quitting. I just stayed because nobody else quit," he admits. Don't look for Coolio to return for "Celebrity Boot Camp 2." "It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my complete entire life," he says. "I've finished my tour."  

"Celebrity Boot Camp" airs Monday, Sept. 30 at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.  

IP Logged
Kramer
ForumsNet Member

Welcome Home Stanley! Hockeytown Loves YOU!

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 1st, 2002, 6:58am »

I caught the last hour of celebrity boot camp last night.  They put the entire boot camp into a 2 hour show, so it was pretty good.

The final 2 were bingham and coolio.  Coolio ruled the gauntlet events but bingham got a lot of votes in the end.  It was very close, with Coolio winning 9 to 7.

For having such shallow and odd stars on the show, it was actually pretty impressive.  I would watch it again if they did it again.
IP Logged

Now this looks like a job for Detroit,
So everyone, just follow Steve,
'Cause we need another cup, can't you see,
'Cause it feels so empty without Stanley!

Hockeytown - Home of the Detroit Red Wings
*Go Wings Go*
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 7th, 2002, 9:31am »

Coolio Wins TV Bootcamp Challenge  
World Entertainment News Network  

Rapper COOLIO beat model TRACI BINGHAM, KATO KAELIN, TIFFANY and former MILLI VANILLI star FABRICE MORVAN to become the first CELEBRITY BOOTCAMP victor on American TV last night.  

The quintet made up half of a group of American celebrities who signed up for the grueling week of marine training, in which they had to undertake a series of obstacle courses, mental and physical agility tests in remote California while real-life drill instructors screamed abuse at them.  

Coolio and Bingham were the final contestants after the others were dismissed in the two-hour TV special, and Coolio admits the whole experience was mind blowing.  

The GANGSTER'S PARADISE hitmaker celebrated his victory by paying tribute to his fellow contestants and the drill instructors that put them through their paces.  

He said, "I wasn't even going to stay. I wasn't even going to come.  

"I have never ever been motivated like that in my whole life. I have not been challenged this way ever in my life. I can say I did it. It's something to tell the kiddies and the grand kiddies about - I was a marine for a week."  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.