Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 3:33am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « 'Jackass' Sued by a Real Jack Ass »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   'Jackass' Sued by a Real Jack Ass
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 'Jackass' Sued by a Real Jack Ass  (Read 307 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 9:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wed, Jan 1, 2003 12:43 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - A Montana man is suing media giant Viacom, saying the MTV show "Jackass" sullies his good name.

And we mean "name" literally: The plaintiff's name is Jack Ass. He changed it from Bob Craft in 1997, he says, in order to raise awareness about the dangers of drunken driving.

"Jackass," which premiered on MTV in 2000, features a group of guys performing ludicrous and sometimes dangerous stunts. It was made into a feature film in 2002.

In the suit against Viacom, which owns MTV, Ass claims the conglomerate "is liable for injury to my reputation that I have built and defamation of my character which I have worked so hard to create." (A copy of the suit is posted a thesmokinggun.com.)

Ass says he changed his name after his brother and a friend were killed in a single-vehicle car accident several years ago. He now works to promote responsible choices and designated-driver programs.

He claims that "Jackass" committed "trademark and copyright infringement on my legal name" and on a cartoon character, called Andi Ass, that he created to help spread his message. He's seeking $10 million in damages.

Viacom isn't commenting on the suit.  

IP Logged
MzzJoplin
ForumsNet Member

Thaid no more ...

View Profile

Re:  'Jackass' Sued by a Real Jack Ass
« Reply #1 on: Jan 2nd, 2003, 3:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Viacom isn't commenting on the suit.

Good lord, I can see why they aren't ... what else could they say besides this has to be the most frivolous law suit ever ...
IP Logged

"It's hard to be free, but when it works, it sure is worth it ... " ~ Janis Joplin
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.