Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 8:43am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Grounded For Life »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Grounded For Life
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Grounded For Life  (Read 286 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Grounded For Life
« on: Feb 6th, 2003, 8:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WB Sets Premiere for 'Grounded'
Wed, Feb 5, 2003 01:09 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - "Grounded for Life" will make its WB debut at the end of February, which has caused the network to shuffle its Thursday and Friday schedules.

"Grounded," which aired on FOX for two seasons and a few weeks in the fall, will premiere with two episodes at 8:30 and 9:30 p.m. ET Friday, Feb. 28. The show will air at 9:30 p.m. in subsequent weeks, following the Frog's top-rated comedy, "Reba."

To accommodate the new series, "Greetings from Tucson" will eventually move into the 8:30 slot now occupied by "Sabrina, the Teenage Witch." Freshman series "Do Over," which has been on hiatus for several months, may also get a tryout on Fridays.

"Sabrina," in turn, will move to 8 p.m. Thursdays starting Feb. 27. It will be paired with "Family Affair," which is also returning from hiatus.

When The WB acquired "Grounded for Life," it agreed to pay for six original episodes this season. The network may also air a handful of shows that were shot when the series was at FOX but never aired. The WB will have rights to reruns of the FOX episodes beginning next season.  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Re: Grounded For Life
« Reply #1 on: Feb 6th, 2003, 8:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm so happy to hear this show got picked up again.  I think it's one of the only family/couple shows out there where the parents aren't constantly shown mad at and fighting with each other.  They are portrayed as being genuinely in love with each other and affectionate and I think it's important to show that.

I remember watching an episode not too long ago of both Everybody Loves Raymond and this show.  On the ELR show, the whole theme was about how the parents no longer have sex and they are trying to literally schedule it in, in their calendar so they can have sex sometime.  Of course everything in the world happens preventing them from ever actually having sex.  They finally get a moment alone in bed and start to get romantic when the kids yell from the other room and they both shrug and sigh and roll outta bed saying something like "you get that one, I'll get this one" and they go off to deal with the kids.

On grounded for life, they ended up having to chaparone a high school dance for their oldest daughter, an oops baby they had when they were in highschool themselves (yes the parents are actually shown as having gotten married young and having a long lasting and loving marriage!).  This leads them to reminice about how their highschool dance was.  At the end of the episode they are back home and dancing together in the kitchen while he is singing some cheesy 80's song.  The kids yell just like they did in Everybody Loves Raymond, and the wife looks up at him and says "Sing louder!" and puts her head on his chest and they keep dancing and singing as the credits roll.  

Now granted, the kids are a little bit older on Grounded for Life than on Everybody Loves Raymond, but I think there's a clear message in both episodes, and as a married woman, I like the message in Grounded For Life a lot better.  The message it sends to me is that it is possible after kids to have a happy and healty marriage where you are still affectionate with each other and that when kids fight it's not the end of the world.  You don't have to disrupt your lives so much and focus only on your kids that you no longer have time for each other too.  You shouldn't have to pencil in sex with your mate, you should be openly loving and affectionate at times, etc.

This is the message we should see more of on tv.  This is the example I want my kids to see, not the constantly bickering bitter couple that has become a staple on so many shows now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.