Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 5:39am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Bridezillas »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Other Television Shows
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Bumper, Isle_be_back)
   Bridezillas
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Bridezillas  (Read 332 times)
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

Bridezillas
« on: Jan 9th, 2003, 8:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

FOX Walks Down Aisle with 'Bridezillas'
Tue, Jan 7, 2003 02:46 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Shows like "The Bachelor" and "Joe Millionaire," which debuted to big ratings Monday night, show how far some people will go to find their ideal mate.

A FOX special planned for later this month will show what happens when the need for perfection overwhelms a bride-to-be's wedding plans.

The one-hour special, "Bridezillas," will follow nine New Yorkers who are planning their weddings, letting viewers in on their transformation from "blushing bride-to-be ... [to] obsessive control freak who will stop at nothing to ensure that her special day is perfect." That's how the network puts it, anyway.

The special is set for 8 p.m. ET Monday, Jan. 27. "Boston Public" will be pre-empted for the night.

FOX is cooperating with cable network WE: Women's Entertainment on the show. The special is composed of clips from a series on weddings in the works for WE.  

IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

Re: Bridezillas
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23rd, 2003, 9:34am »

Bride Support Group Upset Over FOX Special
Wed, Jan 22, 2003 06:21 PM PDT  

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - When FOX airs "Bridezillas" as a special lead-in to its new reality hit "Joe Millionaire," there will be several women in the Boston area who won't be watching.

"The Bridezilla idea distorts what is really going on," says Arlene Cronk, founder of the Boston-based Bridal Survival Club that has been helping women maintain their sanity while walking down the aisle since 2001 and offers advice on such weighty subjects as whether or not a woman should change her name once married and how to deal with her (and his) mother when trying make clear what they want.

"Bridezillas" features brides-to-be so determined to make sure that nothing gets in the way of their special day that manners get thrown out the window when it comes to everyone around them, including future spouses. However, Cronk insists that brides are put into an impossible situtation full of stress when planning the perfect wedding, starting with society encouraging them to picture the perfect walk down the aisle at an early age, long before Mr. Right has even entered the picture.

"[The bride] has to deal with her family, with his family, with the budget, with planning the event, with planning their future life together, with the jealousies of coworkers who think she is spending too much time on the wedding, and with the rejection of friends who can't deal with the fact she has a relationship and they don't," insists Cronk.

"Bridezillas" airs Monday, Jan. 27 at 8 p.m. ET on FOX.  

IP Logged
chickmama
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Eat more Chicken

CarlaW70
View Profile Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 24th, 2003, 3:18pm »

I keep saying that I'm not watching certain shows, and then, I read what you all have to say about them, and I end up watching....Please don't do this with this one!  It looks just awful.  Even if it's good, tell me it's bad.  That way, I won't be tempted!    Yeah, right.
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24th, 2003, 3:39pm »

The commercials make this one look hilarious, I figure I'll check out at least one episode.
IP Logged
chickmama
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Eat more Chicken

CarlaW70
View Profile Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 4th, 2003, 10:05am »

OK, I can't stand it...Did you watch it, and was it bad?
IP Logged
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 4th, 2003, 10:21am »

You know I did watch it, and it wasn't bad, but it was kinda boring.  Whoever did the editing on the commercials for it did a great job and deserves a raise.  Whoever did the editing on the show needs a little more experience (in my opinion).  The should take a page from Joe Millionaire.  One thing that show really has going for it is great editing.  I thought last week's episode with the whole thing in the woods and then the "I'm a mercenary" dinner and then the disney date with Zora, was just a classic.  That is some good editing and it's really pays.  Look at the ratings they are getting, the watercooler buzz, etc.  Whoever does the editing for that show deserves a big FAT raise.
IP Logged
chickmama
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Eat more Chicken

CarlaW70
View Profile Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 5th, 2003, 3:58pm »

Whew!  It doesn't sound like I'm missing much.  Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.