Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 6:16pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « BAR - Ben's Amazing Race Leg 2 »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   BAR - Ben's Amazing Race Leg 2
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BAR - Ben's Amazing Race Leg 2  (Read 437 times)
benyap88
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

BAR - Ben's Amazing Race Leg 2
« on: Apr 8th, 2005, 1:12pm »

Leg 2 – Jerusalem, Israel to Aberdeen, Scotland
     “Racing on Sundays isn’t a very good idea.”

Phil: Previously on The Amazing Race, 11 teams each with a pre-existing relationship set off on a race around the world from Lake Milton State Park, Ohio. Teams flew to Jerusalem in the country of Israel. Once there, accidents happened as cabs ran into each other. At the pit stop, Stacy and Donny received a huge shock as they misread a clue, incurring a penalty of 45 minutes. However, the penalty was not enough for dads Brad and Fabio, as they became the first team to be eliminated from The Amazing Race. Ten teams remaining, who will be eliminated next?

Phil: This is “The Star”, located in the Nativity Church in Jerusalem, Israel. It marks the birth site of Jesus Christ. This sacred place is the first pit stop in a race around the world. Teams arrived here at the end of the last leg for a mandatory rest period. In this time, teams get to eat, sleep and interact with the other teams. Will SURVIVORS Jenna and Ethan be able to survive the next leg and come in first again? Can Stacy and Donny get out of last place and escape elimination? Jenna and Ethan, who arrived in first place at 8.25p.m, will depart at 8.25a.m.

Jenna: Fly to Aberdeen, Scotland. You have $400 dollars for this leg of the race.

Phil: Teams have to fly to Aberdeen, Scotland. Once they land, they would have to go to the Aberdeen Maritime Museum to get their next clue.

Ethan: Coming in first on the first leg have definitely been great for us. Now, we really got to try to maintain this lead over the other teams. It’s going to be tough.

Teams left the pit stop in the following order and time:
1.      Jenna and Ethan            0825hrs
2.      Glen and Yvonne            0839hrs
3.      Paul and Morgan            0900hrs
4.      Daniel and Sydney            0920hrs
5.      Margaret and Charlene      0922hrs
6.      Louis and Justina            1002hrs
7.      Maria and Meredith            1026hrs
8.      Monica and James            1028hrs
9.      Joseph and Stephanie      1035hrs
10.      Stacy and Donny            1106hrs (arrived at 1021hrs but got a penalty of 45 minutes)

At the Jerusalem airport, all teams got onto an Aberdeen Asia flight and flew to Aberdeen, Scotland.

<<The flight landed in Aberdeen at 0624hrs the following day. Once the teams landed, there was a mad rush to get to the cabs. >>

Glen: Yvonne, run! We got to catch up! They’re ahead of us!

Yvonne: I can’t run that fast! (As she speaks, she trips over a wire and falls.) Glen! Save me!

Glen: Can’t you just stand up? It’s irritating to have a partner like you, it’s like babysitting!

Yvonne: Glen! There’s blood! I can’t move at all!

Glen: (as he runs towards her) Shut up! It’s just a fall!

<< Yvonne got a deep cut on her thigh, caused by a sharp end of a metal information plate. >>

Yvonne: Ouch! I need medics! I’m gonna die!

<<At this moment, Glen and Yvonne are in last place, as all other teams are already on cabs to the Aberdeen Maritime Museum. >>

<<By the time the medics cleaned and dressed Yvonne’s wound, the other teams arrived at the Aberdeen Maritime Museum. >>

Aberdeen Maritime Museum
Order of arrival:

1.      Paul and Morgan            
2.      Louis and Justina            
3.      Jenna and Ethan
4.      Stacy and Donny      
5.      Margaret and Charlene      
6.      Monica and James      
7.      Maria and Meredith            
8.      Joseph and Stephanie  
9.      Daniel and Sydney      
10.       Glen and Yvonne

<< Paul and Morgan reached the museum, they found out that the hours of operation of the museum being 12 noon to 3p.m., as it was a Sunday, and they’ve just lost their lead. >>

Paul: That was so unexpected; racing on Sundays isn’t a very good idea.

<<All the 10 remaining teams caught up at the museum. >>
Yvonne: I do hope the following tasks are not going to be physically demanding, or else, I think we are gone. (talks as she limps.)

1200hrs, Aberdeen Maritime Museum

Meredith: Detour, Fix it or Visit it.

Phil: A detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. In this detour, teams get to choose from Fix it or Visit it. In Fix it, teams would have to drive approximately 10 miles to this model assembling factory, where they must fix up a model of a ship, Repulse, which was used in World War Two. Once teams successfully assemble e ship model, they will receive their next clue. Teams with steady hands and a clear mind to read manuals can finish fast. In Visit it, teams would have to drive a longer distance of 35 miles to get to this Navy Training School, complete a 100 metre standard obstacle course within 1 minute, the passing mark for a Navy Officer, to get their next clue.

Maria (currently in 1st place): Get onto the car, we’ll decide then.

Margaret: Oh my, I love models. Let’s do fix it.

Teams set off in two different directions for two detours options,  

Teams options for DETOUR (Position at route marker):
FIX IT:

• Stacy and Donny (1)
    Margaret and Charlene (3)
    Monica and James (6)
    Jenna and Ethan (7)
    Louis and Justina ( 8 )

VISIT IT:
  • Maria and Meredith (2)
    Joseph and Stephanie (4)
    Glen and Yvonne (5)
    Paul and Morgan (9)
    Daniel and Sydney (10)

Glen: How’s your knee? Are you sure you will be able to complete that obstacle course? I really don’t want to go back for e other detour, it would take forever.

Yvonne: Can you at least have some faith in me? I’m not weak, you know.

<<Meanwhile, while e teams for VISIT IT is still driving, e other teams for FIX IT arrives at the factory. >>

<<Margaret and Charlene sped off into an early lead, as Jenna and Ethan followed closely behind. >>

Jenna: Go dear, don’t lose to that girl!

Ethan: Can you just stop pressurizing me? Why not you help out too? This isn’t a roadblock.

<<Margaret and Charlene eventually finished the model faster then Jenna and Ethan, leaving Stacy and Donny, Louis and Justina and Monica and James to complete the model. >>

Charlene: Drive yourselve to the Bridge of Don.

Phil: Teams must now drive themselves to the Bridge of Don, a bridge crossing the Don, built between 1827 and 1830.

Charlene: Let’s go!

<<As Margaret and Charlene and Jenna and Ethan drove off, vying for first place, the teams doing the VISIT IT option reached the Navy Training School. >>

<<Teams ran out of their car racing for number tags pasted on a board, while Paul and Morgan simply ran past the signage, becoming the last team to be able to perform the task. >>

Teams performing VISIT IT option in this order:
1.             Maria and Meredith  
2.             Glen and Yvonne  
3.             Daniel and Sydney  
4.      Joseph and Stephanie  
5.      Paul and Morgan  

Navy Officer: This is the obstacle course that both team members would have to get through. The first stage is a belly crawl, followed by walking through a row of tyres and finally cross a low wall.

<<Maria and Meredith completed e task easily, earning their next clue. >>

Yvonne: Oh man, I can’t do that in my condition. We’ll have to try the other option.

Glen: I asked you just now, you said you were a strong girl, and now you want to go back?

Yvonne: You can stay here if you want, we’ll just have to quit the race.

Glen: Fine! We’ll go back.

<<Glen and Yvonne jumped back into their cars and began on their journey to the Assembling Factory. >>

Charlene: Oh my god, the scenery is so nice in Aberdeen. I love it.

Bridge of Don
Jenna and Charlene: ROADBLOCK, Who has steady hands and legs.

Phil: A roadblock is a task that only one member of the team can perform. No racer can perform more than 6 roadblocks in the entire race. In this roadblock, the team member would have to be suspended down on a rope and try to catch a clue suspended in a row down to the river. They would then be lowered down to their team member below the river.

Ethan: You did the previous one, I’ll do this one.  

Margaret: I’ll do this then, since you did one already.

<<As Ethan and Margaret started on their ROADBLOCK, the other teams already got their clue and are proceeding to the Bridge of Don, except for Glen and Yvonne, who are still on their way to the Assembling Factory. >>

<<Upon completion of the ROADBLOCK, Margaret and Ethan retrieved their clue. >>

Margaret and Ethan: Drive yourselves to the pitstop, The Castlegate, the last team to check in may be eliminated.

Sydney (last to leave the VISIT IT option): Where are we going? There is no signs or what so ever. We’re like driving endlessly on a stretch of road.

<<Daniel and Sydney didn’t realise that they have went onto the wrong highway, causing them to be driving towards another state. >>

Model Assembling factory
Glen: We’ve better be quick, or we’re dead.

Yvonne: Yah, I don’t want to go home yet.

Wrong highway
Daniel: We’re taking a penalty, taking a cab to the Bridge of Don.

Sydney: Definitely more advantageous than being lost.

<<Glen and Yvonne eventually finished and drove themselves to the Bridge of Don, reached the Bridge of Don 10 minutes later then Daniel and Sydney. >>

Bridge of Don
Sydney: I’ll do this one.

Glen: Since you are injured, I guess I’ll have to do this.

<<As both members of the teams tried as hard to get the clue, Sydney lost his footing and had to restart, giving Glen a chance to catch up. >>

<<Eventually Glen completed the Roadblock before Sydney, and retrieved the clue. >>

Team members performing ROADBLOCK (in order of completion):

1.      Margaret
2.      Ethan
3.      Stacy
4.      Meredith
5.      James
6.      Morgan
7.      Justina
8.      Joseph
9.      Glen
10.      Sydney

<<A tight race to the mat, as Margaret and Charlene and Jenna and Ethan arrived at the same time. >>

Eventually …

Phil: Margaret and Charlene, you’re the first team to arrive.

Charlene: Oh my god, first! That’s where we wanna be!  

Phil: As the winners of the second leg of the race, you have won a vacation to exciting Singapore, compliments of Singapore Airlines, which you can enjoy after the race.

Charlene: Singapore! Cool!

Phil: Jenna and Ethan, team number two. Tough fight for first place this week.
Jenna: Yah. Really tough competitors here, but I think we’re still one of the strongest players here.

Phil: Stacy and Donny, team number three. A swift recovery from last week’s penalty.

Stacy: Yah, we’ve learnt to be more careful. Haha.

Phil: Maria and Meredith, team number four.

Phil: Monica and James, team number five.

Phil: Paul and Morgan, you are team number six.

Phil: Louis and Justina, you are team number seven.

Phil: Joseph and Stephanie, team number eight.

<<As both teams reached the pitstop at the same time, there was a mad foot race to the mat. >>

Phil:  Daniel and Sydney, you are the ninth team to arrive. However, you guys had decided to take a penalty by taking a cab to the Bridge of Don. I’m sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race. C’mon in, Glena and Yvonne.  

Phil: Glen and Yvonne, you are the tenth team to arrive. But, as you have already known, Daniel and Sydney have incurred a penalty, pushing you guys into ninth place. You’re still in the amazing race.

Daniel: It’s been an amazing time that I had on the show, and I’ll never forget this experience and my best buddy!  

Next on Ben's Amazing Race (BAR)

Two teams fight it off literally, as enemies are made in the race.
Lost luggage becomes a problem for a team, will they lose it all?
Would any team face the ultimate betrayal? Will anyone be yielded?

<<End of Leg 2>>

how is it? haha.... spent quite some time on it. lol.
« Last Edit: Apr 14th, 2005, 9:10am by benyap88 » IP Logged
AlexL
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile Email

Re: BAR - Ben's Amazing Race Leg 2
« Reply #1 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 1:21pm »

cool, i didn't read it all !lol! but what I saw was great Cool
IP Logged
BrYce_BrIan
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

25 ...u9!Jq... 25

brian_tarstianime  
View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: Apr 8th, 2005, 1:38pm »

Grin Gringreat.
IP Logged

I made it through the caption in CBS!!! Yahoo... ive been sending there like season 1 and i f
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 5:06am »

good.
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Apr 9th, 2005, 5:07am »

good. please read mines too...
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
Mango Tango
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13th, 2005, 4:44pm »

it was good except was the detour called Deliver It or Fix It? You wrote both.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.