Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 3:54am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65  ...  120 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Poll
Question: Do you think Popo's TARFC 2 should be held in November?

No, i want it NOW!
November please!
December please!
I just want a second season!

« Last Modified by: Joab on: Jul 11th, 2007, 9:36am »

Author  Topic: POPO'S TARFC - WINNER REVEALED  (Read 49421 times)
Popit
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My Soldering iron and Lappy!

207497557 207497557   jasonpopit   jasonpopit
View Profile

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [LEG 5 ROADBLOCK
« Reply #930 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 1:29pm »

Time Card #1 -  Popit
Time Card #2 - username  
Time Card #3 - Jonty  
Time Card #4 - Redwings  
Time Card #5 - Xochitl    
Time Card #6 - Genius  
Time Card #7 - xxsolitudexx
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [LEG 5 ROADBLOCK
« Reply #931 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 8:45pm »

Time Card #1 (100 Minutes) - Popit  
Time Card #2 (095 Minutes) - username    
Time Card #3 (090 Minutes) - Jonty    
Time Card #4 (085 Minutes) - Redwings    
Time Card #5 (080 Minutes) - Xochitl      
Time Card #6 (075 Minutes) - Genius  
Time Card #7 (070 Minutes) - xxsolitudexx  

It's in a pre-determined order, from back to front. Smiley

*Popo waits at the pitstop and saw 2 team members in the first skyride tram up to the peak of Vancouver*

*JP and Amarillo arrives near the mat but can't check-in yet because they have to wait for their teammate*

*Second skyride tram consist of Heather and wgal*

*While Heather, wgal, Amarillo and JP sat near the mat to wait for their teammate, they started a game of Poker and enjoyed some popcorn*

Popo: I demand some popcorn! NOW!
Amarillo: Nanny nanny poo poo! *throws some popcorn at Popo*
JP: *looks disapproving*
Heather: wgal, are you going to throw your card or not?
wgal: Ooops sorry! I was just trying to see if any of our teammate's near yet - OMG! WHAT'S THAT?
Amarillo: It's a bird!
Heather: No it's a plane!
JP: It's GENIUS AND XXSOLITUDEXX!

*Genius and xxsolitudexx compete with each other to reach the peak first*

Genius: *tries to see if anyone's watching*
Genius: *humming a tune as if nothing's going to happen*
Genius: *pushes xxsolitudexx and she rolls down the path a few hundred metres*
wgal: FOUL! THAT WAS CHEATING!
Amarillo: Good job Genius!

Popo: Genius and Amarillo, you're the first team to arrive at 2.35pm.
Popo: As the winners of this leg of the race, you will receive 20% more money than the other teams on the next leg of the race.
Amarillo: That was a whacky nice push!
Genius: *winks*

*xxsolitudexx arrives 5 minutes later with some bruises*

Popo: wgal and xxsolitudexx, you're team number two.
wgal: I can't believe they didn't get a penalty for OBVIOUS CHEATING!
xxsolitudexx: It's okay, we'll take second!

*JP, i can't believe i'm the first here and i still have not check-in yet*

JP: *waits patiently*
JP: *waits for another 5mins*
JP: *getting impatient*
JP: *walks down the trail on his own and appeared 5mins later with username on his back*
username: I was still about 1km away when JP appeared and carried me all the way to the top in just 5 MINUTES!
Popo: *gasps*
Heather: *jaw drops*

Popo: JP and username, you're the third team to arrive at 2.55pm.
JP: Thanks, that's nice!
username: You're my saviour! *giggles*

*Popit arrives 15mins later*

Heather: Where were you!
Popit: I fell asleep under a tree!
Popo: Heather and Popit.. you are -
Heather: How on earth did you fell asleep?
Popo: Heather and Popit.. you are the fourth -
Popit: I don't know! It's bizzare!
Popo: Heather and Popit.. you are the fourth team to -
Heather: That's weird! o_O
Popo: WILL YOU LET ME FINISH OR NOT?
Popo: *thanks*
Popo: Heather and Popit, you are the fourth team to arrive at 3.10pm.
*Heather and Popit still vivid from shock*

*Third tram arrives few minutes later carrying MK, Tyler and Odvesims*

*Xochitl finally appeared after what seemed like an eternity, with Redwings and Jonty not far behind*

Popo: MK and Xochitl, you are the fifth team to arrive at 4.40pm.
MK: We did it! We did it!
Xochitl: *breathless after climb*
MK: *pats Xochitl hard on the back for several times to encourage her*
Xochitl: *chokes*
Xochitl: *can't breath*
Xochitl: *collapse*
MK: Eh oh, do you think the ambulance can reach this height?

*Redwings and Jonty fight it out*

Redwings: *trips Jonty*
Tyler: Go Redwings!
Odvesims: Hey! How can you do that to a girl!
Jonty: *pulls Redwings hair* You're not going to reach first!
Odvesims: You go girl! Kick him in the...
Redwings: OUCH! *kicks Jonty*

At this moment...

JP: Oh no, we checked in and we haven't use our "Slow" on someone! How can we forget!
username: We know who to use it on!
Redwings: *almost reaching Pitstop*
JP and username: *nods* We're using it on Redwings and Mr Tyler.
Popo: Got it!

*Almost instantly, a banana skin appeared before Redwings and he slipped and roll down the trail, falling behind Jonty*

Jonty: HARHAR! TAKE THAT!
Jonty: *reaches Pitstop*

Popo: Jonty and Odvesims, you're the sixth team to arrive at 4.50pm.
Odvesims: Sorry i tried to quit.
Jonty: I don't blame you.
Popo: Whatever happens next, if you're below 18 years of age.. please close your eyes.

Tyler: I can't believe we are done in by a BANANA SKIN!
Redwings: *appeared 5mins later*
Popo: Redwings and Mr Tyler, you're the last team to arrive.
Mr Tyler: We figured.
Redwings: Give it to us, we can take it.
Popo: However, this is the first of three pre-determined non-elimination legs and you're still in the race!
Mr Tyler: WHAT!
Redwings: WHEEEEEEEE!
Popo: The bad news is, if you do not come in first place next leg.. you will receive a 30 minutes penalty which will probably destroy your chances of winning this game.
Redwings: We can do it!
Mr Tyler: You bet! Watch out other teams!

*END OF LEG 5* Grin
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2007, 9:30pm by Joab » IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [LEG 5 PITSTOP]
« Reply #932 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 9:23pm »

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2007, 9:24pm by Joab » IP Logged

http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Odvesims
ForumsNet Member
Dominican_Rep 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #933 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 9:28pm »

Oscar: Good Job Jonty
Jonty: Thanks...
Oscar: And sorry about that last time, i was really stupid
Jonty: Its ok, we almost loss because of me
Oscar: I promise i wont quit this game til we are really eliminated
Jonty: I hope we never get  

*Jonty and Odvesims kisses one another letting the others know that they are really good friends* yet....
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #934 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 9:39pm »

popo - before the roadblock, us and odvesims/jonty were both at 3:20 pm - our time card was 85 minutes and theirs was 90 minutes so shouldn't we be ahead of them by five minues - you added 95 minutes to our time (3:20 + 95 minutes = 4:55)
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #935 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:09pm »

LEG 4 RECAP

Previously on Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge, 8 teams of 2 set out from Tokyo, Japan and flew all the way to Melbourne, Australia. Heather and Popit as well as Jonty and Odvesims took an early lead in Melbourne when they decided to take a VIP Cab to the Melbourne Cricket Ground, where they found a Roadblock.

At the Roadblock, one team member has to score in as many goals as they can within 2 minutes against a professional goalkeeper before they can receive their next clue. While Jonty excelled at the Roadblock, it was Popit who had difficulties scoring against the professional goalkeeper, causing their team to fall from first to last. Completing the Roadblock in first place, Jonty and Odvesims received their next clue where they found out they must proceed to Rialto Towers and have to take a lift to the highest floor of one of the two buildings to find the next clue. However, going up the wrong tower will cost valuable time lost, where this mistake allowed wgal and xxsolitudexx and Genius and Amarillo to catch-up as they got it on their first try.

However, it was still Jonty and Odvesims who arrived at the top of Tower #1 first where they found the first of three yields placed in this race. While el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid ponder whether they wanted to yield Redwings and Mr Tyler, Amarillo made the decision for their team that he wanted to use the yield on Redwings and Mr Tyler. This decision enraged Mr Tyler when they reached the yield mat, half-expecting their worst fears to come true, which is being yielded. While Genius still did not approve of his decision, what done has been done and Redwings and Mr Tyler stood on the yield mat, waiting for the sand in their hourglass to run out.

Still in first place, Jonty and Odvesims received their next clue, which they have to choose between Art or Music. While most teams chose to complete Music, several teams decided that they’re more Artistic than they seemed. At the Detour, wgal and xxsolitudexx overtook Jonty and Odvesims and received their next clue, which instructed them to WALK to the Pitstop at the Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne's largest war memorial built from money raised by public contributions. Confident that they will come in first place, the only all-female team left on this race overlooked their clue and went on to take a taxi to the pitstop.

However, Popo’s stupid trick not only managed to get them… but several other teams such as Redwings and Mr Tyler and Genius and Amarillo who also decided to take a taxi too. MK and Xochitl decided to take a bus, which wasn’t allowed and all these teams have no idea what awaited them at the pitstop.

Arriving at the pitstop in first and second place respectively, Genius and Amarillo as well as wgal and xxsolitudexx received a shock when they found out that they were given a 37minutes time penalty for breaching the rules of this race. This allowed third place JP and username to move to the top of the pack where they won a “Slow” which they can use to stop a team on the next leg of the race for 10minutes long. While el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid arrived fourth, their time penalty for not completing the Detour started ticking away. Xochitl and MK arrived at the pitstop only to find out they have received a 35minutes penalty. This mistake allowed sixth place Jonty and Odvesims to move up all the way to second place.

While wgal and xxsolitudexx claimed third after their time penalty, Heather and Popit arrived to claim fourth place. Even though arriving second, Genius and Amarillo still managed to check-in fifth after their 37minutes time penalty. Xochitl and MK finally check-in sixth, leaving the risk of elimination down to 2 teams – Redwings and Mr Tyler as well as el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid, who were still serving their 4 hours time penalty for not completing the Detour. However, it was no use as Redwings and Mr Tyler checked in after a series of unfortunate events, therefore sealing el_sheik_doufa and sun7kid’s fate… causing them to be the fourth team eliminated from Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge.  

7 teams remain, who will be eliminated next?
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #936 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:11pm »

Redwings, please read the pitstop from TOP to BOTTOM before you start accusing i add 95 minutes to your time.
IP Logged

redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #937 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:11pm »

nevermind - i didn't see that jp/username used their slow on us Angry
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #938 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:12pm »

I'm glad your eyes worked now.
IP Logged

redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #939 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:12pm »

on Feb 5th, 2007, 10:11pm, Popo wrote:
Redwings, please read the pitstop from TOP to BOTTOM before you start accusing i add 95 minutes to your time.

im sorry - by the way i was never accusing you of adding the time, i thought it could be a mistake
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #940 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:16pm »

Which is as good as accusing me of making a mistake.. please read the full summary next time, thanks.
IP Logged

Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #941 on: Feb 5th, 2007, 10:38pm »

LEG 5 RECAP

Previously on Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge, 7 teams of 2 flew from Melbourne, Australia to Vancouver, Canada. JP and username as well as Heather and Popit caught an early break when they were the only 2 teams to reach Vancouver at 5.50am, but soon arrived at the Vancouver Aquarium after they picked up their clue from Pan Pacific Vancouver Hotel and found out that it does not open until 9.30am in the morning. This enabled 3 more teams, wgal and xxsolitudexx, Genius and Amarillo as well as Jonty and Odvesims who arrived on another 2 separate flights to catch up with them. However, Redwings and Mr Tyler as well as Xochitl and MK only arrived at 12.02pm and 1.10pm respectively.

At 9.30am, 5 teams rushed in to the Vancouver Aquarium where they found a Detour, where they have to choose between Dry or Wet. While JP and username did well in Wet and received their next clue first, wgal and xxsolitudexx also completed their Dry detour seconds later. With both teams receiving their next clue and advancing to the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre for their next clue, Jonty and Odvesims soon fell behind when Jonty couldn’t complete the Detour and decided to take a 4 hours time penalty. Arriving at H.R. MacMillan Space Centre in first place, JP and username soon found out that the 2 show times for the show entitled “Our Vanishing Sky” doesn’t show until 12pm and 2pm.

4 teams (Amarillo and Genius, Heather and Popit, wgal and xxsolitudexx and JP and username) watched the show at 12pm, while the remaining 3 teams have to settle for the show time at 2pm, with all 3 teams tied squarely in last place when they reached the Roadblock at Grouse Mountain after the show. In the Roadblock, one team member will have to hike to the peak of Vancouver on The Grouse Grind, an extremely steep and mountainous trail that climbs 853 meters over a distance of 2.9 kilometers. The other team member will instead take a Skyride tram to the top where they will find Popo and the fifth pitstop in the race around the world. They will then have to wait for their teammate to complete the Roadblock before both of them can check-in to the Pitstop.

A battle to complete the Roadblock first soon existed between the teams. While Genius and Amarillo did a foul and came in first, wgal and xxsolitudexx happily settled for second place. JP and username took third while Heather and Popit claimed fourth. The battle to avoid elimination soon came down to Redwings and Mr Tyler as well as Jonty and Odvesims when Xochitl and MK checked in fifth. However at the last moment, JP and username decided to use their “Slow” on Redwings and Mr Tyler, causing them to become the last team to arrive.

However, this is a pre-determined NEL and they are still in the race… with a hunger to do even better on the next leg. Will they be able to come in first and avoid the 30 minutes penalty? We will find out next on Popo’s The Amazing Race Fantasy Challenge, where the remaining 7 teams continue on their race around the world. Stay tune!
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #942 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 2:35am »

*MK and Xochitl do the We're Not Out Dance*

MK: OMG, I can't believe it, after that crappy flight!
Xochitl: Yes, we're still in this!  Grin
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #943 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 3:22am »

Departing the pitstop in first place at 2.35am, Genius and Amarillo ripped open their first clue.

Route Info:
You must now make your way to Vancouver International Airport, where you'll sign up on one of the three chartered flights into New York, USA.  

Once there, you will need to find and drive one of the marked cars parked outside New York J F Kennedy International Airport to the place in the photo shown below where you'll find your next clue.

You have US $30 for this leg of the race. Genius and Amarillo will receive US $36.

Chartered Plane #1

Chartered Plane #2

Chartered Plane #3

Your team must now signup on one of the three chartered flights. The different flights will arrive in New York at 11.00am, 11.10am and 11.15am. Flights does not arrive in order.

After you have chosen your flight, one team member will need to PM to me the name of the statue shown in the picture above.

Yes i know... it's easy.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2007, 5:21am by Joab » IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

Re: Popo's TAR Fantasy Challenge! [LEG 6 FLIGHT]
« Reply #944 on: Feb 6th, 2007, 4:49am »

Flights don't arrive in order? Not sure what that means, but I'll choose the middle one to be safe.

Chartered Plane #1

Chartered Plane #2
1. Xochitl and MK

Chartered Plane #3
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Pages: all 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65  ...  120 Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.