Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:40pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Great Amazing Race »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   The Great Amazing Race
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
Poll
Question: What kind of team should be revealed next for TGAR2?

An all-male team     2 (22.2%)
An all-female team     4 (44.4%)
A co-ed team     3 (33.3%)

Total votes: 9

« Created by: MK on: Nov 14th, 2007, 6:50am »

Author  Topic: The Great Amazing Race  (Read 2322 times)
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

The Great Amazing Race
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

To make up for the fact that The Un-Amazing Race Pi seems to have died or something… I am doing something else. And if you want to know the results of that race, I can put up a recap post that will very simply summarize everything. I drew everything out too long, so it ended up that nothing really happened. Tongue I do know the final orders and stuff, so I can tell you that. This time, I’ll write really bare bones episodes, or as close to that as I can so that I can ACTUALLY FINISH A FANFIC SERIES! I’ve uncreatively named this series The Great Amazing Race. Meh.

The teams are…
1. Lacey (22) and Madison (23), best friends
Lacey and Madison have been friends since college and always go shopping together.
2. Joy (34) and Kerri (35), co-workers
Joy and Kerri work at an accounting firm and are eager for an adventure.
3. Juan (30) and Lorena (29), married five years
Juan and Lorena have traveled extensively throughout Latin America, so they expect that will give them an advantage over other teams.
4. Holly (40) and Rich (41), high school friends
Holly and Rich were both on the high school cheer squad and are still close friends. They are both married and each has their own family, but they have reunited to race around the world.
5. Josh (35) and Tommy (30), construction workers
Josh and Tommy became fast friends while working on a project together and believe they have the right combination of skills needed to win the race, even though they’ve never traveled outside their home state of Tennessee.
6. Nick (24) and Brady (23), brothers
Nick and Brady are very different personality-wise, but both are willing to put their differences aside to win one million dollars.
7. Darlene (50) and Becky (28 ), mother/daughter
Darlene and Becky lost touch after Becky left home. Now they are coming back together to restore their relationship.
8. Mark (21) and Jane (23), dating
Mark and Jane are using this as a last test to see if they are really meant for each other. Jane is competitive, while Mark is more of a planner and less spontaneous.
9. Silas (29) and Andre (28 ), former roommates
Silas and Andre are a no-nonsense team and will blow through whatever task is put in front of them. They have no intention of socializing with anybody and probably will not.
10. Britney (24) and Jeff (25), childhood friends
Britney and Jeff lived in a ‘white picket fence’ suburb. They were friends as toddlers and are still friends today. They are generally happy, cheery people and are sure to bring positive spirits to the race.
11. Lil (33) and Mitzi (32), neighbors
Lil and Mitzi are neighbors and dog trainers with very different philosophies on life. Lil is very religious and loves order, while Mitzi is very free and acts almost on impulse. They argue sometimes, but they believe it’d foolish to underestimate them because they work very well together.

Episode One: We get to be bikers! - Lacey
The teams are all standing at the starting line at Central Park, New York City. They wait patiently… then… GO!

The eleven teams rush to open the first clue.
Silas: Fly to Havana, Cuba.
Teams will now fly to the capital of Cuba, the city of Havana. Once there, they will take a taxi to El Templete, where they will find their next clue.

Teams raced to the airport. Two flights were available, but one would get in four hours after the other one. Five teams got on the first flight, while the other six where stuck on the last one.

Flight 1 – 1 PM
Holly and Rich
Silas and Andre
Lil and Mitzi
Britney and Jeff
Juan and Lorena
Flight 2 – 5 PM
Joy and Kerri
Nick and Brady
Lacey and Madison
Mark and Jane
Darlene and Becky
Josh and Tommy

Lil and Mitzi were surprised to find they were the first to get the next clue.
Lil: Take a taxi to the Tropicana Club, where you will find your next clue.
Lil and Mitzi quickly headed out again, followed by Holly and Rich and Juan and Lorena. Juan and Lorena spoke fluent Spanish so they were able to convince their driver to pass the other cars. They were able to arrive first.
Lorena:  Who’s got an eye for clothes? I do.
Lorena was chosen to do the Roadblock, and discovered she had to enter the Club alone, where she’d receive a picture of a dancer. She’d have to give the picture to the dancer wearing the same outfit to receive her next clue.
Instantly, Lorena realized she did not have much of an eye for clothes as she missed her first two tries. Mitzi and Holly were both chosen to do the Roadblock. Holly beat the task easily. As she left, Britney and Jeff and Silas and Andre finally arrived at the Roadblock. Britney and Andre were chosen to look for the dancer.

Holly: Detour: Hotel or Streets

In Hotel, teams must WALK to the Hotel Nacional de Cuba. Once there, they will make a reservation in Spanish. Once done, they will receive their next clue.
In Streets, teams must take a taxi to the town of Regla. Once there, they will search the streets of the town for a clue box.
Holly: I don’t know what to pick.
Rich: You know, I think we’re fit, we can walk to the hotel pretty fast.
Holly: But we don’t know Spanish!
Rich: It’ll be easy to learn, let’s go, we can ask people on the way to help us.

Later Mitzi and Britney both finished the task. Andre wasted time by schmoozing with the dancers. Lorena was getting frustrated by her inability to find the matching dancer, claiming they all looked the same to her.

Meanwhile, Lil and Mitzi chose the Hotel task, while Britney and Jeff decided Streets would be a safer bet.

Andre found the matching dancer, meaning Lorena had lost her team’s lead completely. Silas and Andre chose the Hotel task, reasoning that they could walk to the hotel really fast.

Holly and Rich were having difficulty finding the hotel, while Lil and Mitzi just so happened to find a local who was willing to help them. The local helped them locate the hotel and stayed with them until they reached the hotel in first place, although they were very tired from walking so much. Then Lil and Mitzi got the local to help them book a room in Spanish.

Receptionist: You have passed, here is your next clue.
Lil: Take a marked bicycle and bike yourselves to the Pit Stop, the Monument of Carlos J. Finlay in Marianao. Not more legwork!

Lil and Mitzi discovered their local did not know where the monument was. Thus, Lil and Mitzi were on their own, having to bike around to find the monument.

Britney and Jeff were now in Regla and searching the streets. They searched for about thirty minutes, jogging down the streets together, until finally Britney spotted the clue box in front of a store.

Jeff: I think we took too long.
Britney: We’ll see… take a marked bicycle and bike yourselves to the Pit Stop…
Jeff: This should be fun!
Britney: We need to figure out where we are going, so let’s ask around before we go too far.

Lorena found the correct dancer and she and Juan quickly chose Hotel. They ran to make up time, and they used their Spanish skills to get directions to the hotel. Holly and Rich were now at the hotel, trying to reserve a room in Spanish. However, they couldn’t get figure out the language. They were frustrated as no one around would help. Silas and Andre were now lost, not knowing where the hotel was. Juan and Lorena caught up to Holly and Rich and made the reservation easily.

Holly: Wait, don’t go, please help us!
Lorena: What will we get if we do?
Rich: We’ll help you guys later.
Juan: I don’t think so. Come on, Lorena, let’s go.
Holly: Wow, they are real jerks! We only needed a little bit of help!

Thankfully for Holly and Rich, a bilingual hotel guest happened to come around a few minutes later and they were able to convince him to assist them make their reservation. At last, Holly and Rich had finished the Detour and they went to find the monument on their bikes. Silas and Andre were still very lost, until finally a nice person helped them find the hotel. They then cleverly used the internet to translate the phrases they needed and finished quickly.

Britney: Is that it?
Jeff: I don’t know. I don’t think… oh wait, there’s Phil! Our directions were good!
Britney: Yay, this is so exciting!

Britney and Jeff jumped off their bikes and ran to the mat.

Britney: *jumping up and down* What’d we get? What’d we get?
Phil: Britney and Jeff. You are team number ONE!
Jeff: WHOO! High-five!
Phil: As the winners of this race, you both have won a trip to the Bahamas!
Jeff: Ba-ha-mas!
Britney:  Ba-ha-mas!!! *laughs* Sorry, that was an inside joke. *smiles*
Phil: Are you surprised to be first?
Britney: We’re surprised we found this place, we were biking forever! *laughs*

Later, a second team came riding in.

Phil: Lil and Mitzi, you are team number TWO.
Lil: *panting* Good. Just no more walking or biking for me!

Phil: Juan and Lorena, you are team number THREE.
Juan: Aww, we were hoping for better.
Phil: I heard you didn’t help a team?
Juan: It’s a race. I don’t care how early on it is. It’s a race and it’s about us.

Phil: Holly and Rich.
Rich: Yup.
Phil: You are team number FOUR.
Holly: Not bad!

Phil: Silas and Andre, you are team number FIVE.
Silas: Last of the flight. We got really lost.
Andre: next time, we will navigate much better.

Then the second flight carrying Joy and Kerri, Nick and Brady, Lacey and Madison, Mark and Jane, Darlene and Becky, and Josh and Tommy arrived. The teams had a taxi race to the El Templete and Mark and Jane had the fastest cab. However, Joy and Kerri and Lacey and Madison were only minutes behind.

Jane: Tropicana Club, Mark, let’s go!

They jumped back in their taxi and headed to the Tropicana Club. Joy and Kerri, Lacey and Madison, and Darlene and Becky found the clues next. Josh and Tommy fell behind when they got stuck in traffic.

Josh: This is awful!
Tommy: Calm down, Josh, we can make it up later, we’ll get through this.

Mark was chosen to do the Roadblock because of his eye for detail. He went in and quickly spotted the dancer. He was given the clue for the Detour. Mark and Jane got out before any other team arrived.

Mark: Of course, I really only have eyes for you, Jane. *wink*
Jane: Oh, you are so cheesy. *lovingly slaps with clue* Now let’s see. Hotel or Streets?
Mark: I don’t want to walk forever, let’s do Streets.

Kerri, Lacey, and Darlene were chosen to do the Roadblock. Nick and Brady were on their way, while Josh and Tommy had not yet reached the first clue box. A few minutes later, they found it and raced to make up time. Kerri got the clue and chose Streets, followed by Darlene who also chose Streets, while Lacey made a wrong guess.

Lacey: For me to get a challenge related to clothes wrong is, like, a total disgrace. This is just stupid.

Brady was chosen to do the Roadblock after they reached the Tropicana Club and was taken aback by the dancers first, and then by the fact that Lacey and Madison had not left yet. He was glad they were still in it and was even more glad that he beat Lacey at finding the dancer.

Nick: Awesome, Brady, we’re making up ground. Hotel or Streets?
Brady: We can outrun any team here. Let’s do the Hotel.

Mark and Jane reached Regla and began searching the streets to no avail. They kept it up though. Darlene and Becky got a fast taxi and managed to beat Joy and Kerri. They too joined the search and the team’s luck and Becky’s sharp eyes combined to allow them to finish the Detour.

Becky: Pit Stop! Come on Mom, you’re going to have to push through this.
Darlene: I’m not that old, you!

Darlene and Becky were careful not to be spotted by Mark and Jane, leaving them wandering aimlessly. The pair got directions and followed them faithfully to the Pit Stop.

Phil: Darlene and Becky. You are team number SIX.
Becky: Really? Yeah, Mom, we beat everyone on our flight!
Darlene: Way to go, Becky, we are a really great team after all!

At the Roadblock, Lacey finished and Josh and Tommy arrived. Lacey chose the Streets detour, because she thought everyone else would’ve picked Hotel. Tommy did the Roadblock, ran in, and quickly spotted the correct dancer.

Tommy: *running out with clue* Proving that women are not a challenge for me.
Josh: Tommy, you rock. Okay, what’s it say? Hotel or Streets?
Tommy: We can run to the Hotel. We can do that.
Josh: Great, let’s do it.

Joy and Kerri were now wandering the streets of Regla. Nick and Brady were busy walking to the Hotel. Their physical strength and ability to get information from locals paid off as they found the Hotel fairly quickly. They fumbled through making the reservation, but were able to ask people to help and soon finished the Detour.

Nick: Biking! If we can find this place, we are so first.
Brady: We were on the second flight dude.
Nick: We are so much like first that they should really just say we were first. That is how first we will be after this biking thing.
Brady: Nick, shut up and just pedal.

Back at Streets, Mark and Jane still didn’t see anything. Joy and Kerri caught a break when they spotted the clue box and began biking to the monument. Mark and Jane were still hopelessly lost and several streets away from the box. Lacey and Madison’s taxi arrived and now they too were searching for the box.

Phil: Nick and Brady. You are team number SEVEN.
Nick: *laughing* Told ya we were first.
Brady: *punching Nick* Whatever!

Josh: We need reservations, I mean, whoops, that’s not Spanish.
Tommy: Find a Spanish book or something.
It was then that Josh and Tommy became the first team to notice that there was a Spanish phrase book in the coffee table in the lobby. They used the book and were soon out of their and on their bikes.

Phil: Josh and Tommy.
Josh: *gulping* Yeah…
Phil: You are team number EIGHT.
Josh: WHAT?
Phil: Eight.
Tommy: How did that happen?
Josh: Who cares, we aren’t out!
Tommy: Yes!

Mark: This is getting ridiculous.
Jane: It’s got to be around here… please, somebody help us!

Joy: Oh no! Flat tire!
Kerri: Seriously? What are we going to do?
Joy: I don’t know, we’ve got to do something quick.
Kerri: Carry it, just carry the bike.
Joy: For so many miles?
Kerri: We’ll look for a shop and maybe we can fix it really quick.

Lacey and Madison were going up and down the Regla streets, occasionally stopping to looking at the stores, when they found the clue box.

Lacey: Too bad we have to leave, this place is so cute.
Madison: Pit Stop! We have to go.
Lacey: Oh yay, Madi, we get to be bikers!  

Thirty minutes later, Mark and Jane found the clue.

Jane: I feel like we are so behind… Pit Stop, finally.
Mark: We need to really hurry!

Phil: Lacey and Madison. You are team number NINE!
Lacey: Best bikers ever. *panting*
Madison: I’m sweaty, I’m like never sweaty.
Phil: You will get sweaty a lot on this race.
Madison: Ugh, don’t tell me that!

Joy and Kerri found a little bike shop that helped them fix their bike, but it took quite a while. Meanwhile, Mark and Jane struggled to find directions to Marianao. Joy and Kerri got directions and were on their way, but they were going slower so as not to cause another accident. Mark and Jane found a person who was willing to drive and let them follow her to the monument. Mark and Jane were relieved at this offer and followed her all the way to the monument.

Phil watched as a team came to check in.

Phil: Mark and Jane.
Jane: *trying not to cry* Yes…
Phil: You are team number TEN.
Jane: Ahhhhh!!!!!
Mark: We did it, Jane!
Jane: Yeah!!
Phil: How close do you think this was?
Mark: We are so lucky to still be in. I thought for sure we were so dead.
Jane: I don’t know why we took so long on the Detour, but something happened. It was ridiculous, we can’t spend so long on a task again!

Ten minutes later, Joy and Kerri cycled in, still smiling.

Phil: Joy and Kerri. You are the last team to arrive. I’m sorry to tell you, you have been eliminated from the race.
Kerri: I’m just glad Joy finished that leg! She had to carry that bike for so long, she was a real trooper. It was really great being out here with her, even if we only lasted one leg. It was worth it.
Joy: It was something I won’t forget, the adrenaline was amazing. I wish we could be here longer, but I mean, how many people get to race even one leg of this race? We are so lucky to even be here right now. We’ll leave happy.
Kerri: Yup. Until our next adventure, Joy!
Joy: Until our next adventure!

Final Standings
1. BRITNEY AND JEFF
2. Lil and Mitzi
3. Juan and Lorena
4. Holly and Rich
5. Silas and Andre
6. Darlene and Becky
7. Nick and Brady
8. Josh and Tommy
9. Lacey and Madison
10. Mark and Jane
11. Joy and Kerri – ELIMINATED

« Last Edit: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:52am by MK » IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

Re: The Great Amazing Race
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:21am »

Yay!
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Vicdemort
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Add me in msn if you want - [email protected] om.hk

sun7kid@yahoo.com.hk  
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:27am »

WOW!
IP Logged

Congrates Sam and Vince!
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:32am »

Oooh...cool... Cool
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 12:18pm »

I can unlock locked threads or games, just ask me nicely.
IP Logged
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 7:13pm »

Lacey/Madison are...of couse my favorites.
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 2:13am »

Episode 2 – I can’t calm down; we’re lost! - Becky

Britney and Jeff were the first team to arrive and opened their clue.
Britney: Take a taxi to José Martí International Airport. There you will sign up for a charter flight to Brades, Montserrat. Once there, you will self-drive to the abandoned capital of Plymouth. You will find your next clue there.

The first five teams got taxis and found that the charters held 3 teams, 4 teams, and 3 teams and each was expected to arrive 30 minutes after each other.

The first charter flight carried Britney and Jeff, Lil and Mitzi, and Juan and Lorena, putting Holly and Rich and Silas and Andre on the second flight. They waited for the other five teams to leave to see who would be on their flight.

As was expected, Darlene and Becky and Nick and Brady, the first two teams from the second flight, managed to join the high school friends and the former roommates. This put the remaining three teams, Josh and Tommy, Lacey and Madison, and Mark and Jane, on the last flight.

The first flight arrived in Montserrat and the teams began scrambling to get to Plymouth.

Mitzi: They speak English here! Take that Juan and Lorena!
Lil: We need to focus on ourselves, Mitzi. Don’t worry about what they are doing. How do we get to Plymouth?

Britney: Wow, this country is super-small. Wait, is this even a country?
Jeff: I’m going to need a map, Brit, so please just find me one. Here’s a store, let’s check it.

Juan: The other teams are close to us, Lorena, get directions faster!
Lorena: I’m trying, Juan, just shut up and let me talk to this guy!

The three lead teams were on the road and Lil drove her team to be the first to the cluebox.
Mitzi: In 1997, a series of eruptions destroyed the capital city of Plymouth. You will now found a marked off area and dig through the rubble for a metal ball. That metal ball will contain the name of the next city you will drive to. Once in that city, find the marked store and the store keeper will hand you your next clue.
Lil: Wow, this is pretty serious.
Mitzi: Let’s start digging.

Britney and Jeff and Juan and Lorena caught up and were also searching the rubble.
Lorena: This feels almost like sacrilege, digging through this.
Juan: It’ll be okay, just find the clue.

Jeff: Britney.
Britney: Jeff.
Jeff: It’s time to sing…
Britney: Ooh, the digging song!

Britney and Jeff sang their digging song, which consisted of singing the word ‘dig’ in about twenty different ways. It seemed to work though, as Jeff was the first to find the metal ball.

Jeff: Davy Hill.
Britney: We have a map, so we can find that easy! Let’s go!

The second flight, carrying Holly and Rich, Silas and Andre, Darlene and Becky, and Nick and Brady then arrived. They got in their cars and headed to Plymouth.

Silas and Andre reached there first, due to their proficiency with navigating on the road. Meanwhile, Darlene and Becky struggled.

Becky: Mom, we should switch drivers, you don’t know where you’re going!
Darlene: I can handle myself, Becky, just be quiet!
Becky: Mom, we’re lost, don’t you get it? And there is only one letter difference between lost and lose!

Silas and Andre reached the rubble, where Lil and Mitzi and Juan and Lorena were still working.

Andre: We still have strength, we can get out of here before them.
Silas: Right, Andre.

The pair searched and their prediction came true as they found the Davy Hill ball. They headed out of the task in second place.

Juan: We’re being passed, we need to find this thing.
Lorena: Wait, metal ball, right?
Juan: Yes.
Lorena: Oh, I think this might be it!
Juan: It is! Lorena, you found it. Davy Hill. Quick, back to the car.

As they left, Nick and Brady arrived, followed a few minutes after by Holly and Rich. Darlene and Becky were still lost.

Becky: This island is so freaking small, how can we get lost on it?
Darlene: Becky, calm down.
Becky: I can’t calm down; we’re lost!

The third plane then arrived, carrying Josh and Tommy, Lacey and Madison, and Mark and Jane.

Jane: We’re back in it, we are going to make up time.
Mark: Positivity, I like it.

Back at the ruins of Plymouth, Lil and Mitzi, Nick and Brady, and Holly and Rich were still digging around. Lil and Mitzi were beginning to tire of seeing teams pass them.

Mitzi: I just want to get out of here.
Lil: We’ll do it, just keep searching, if we just search systematically, we’ll eventually get it.

Brady: Do you think it could be buried under something?
Nick: I don’t know, just move all this stuff off first, before you jump to any conclusions.

Holly: Ah! Rich, Rich!
Rich: Did you find it?
Holly: Oh yeah!
Rich: Thank you, Holly! Okay, let’s see, Davy Hill.

Mitzi: There goes another team.
Lil: Don’t quit Mitzi, just keep searching!

At Davy Hill, Britney and Jeff had found the store and found a Detour task.

Britney: Climbing Nut or Coconut?
In Climbing Nut, teams will rappel down one of Montserrat’s steep cliff faces. They’ll drive past a series of flags until they find the cliff. Once at the bottom, they will receive their next clue. The task can be completed quickly if fears can be overcome, but finding the marked cliff face could take a long time.
In Coconut, teams drive to a coconut plantation, where they will cut coconuts and collect five gallons of coconut juice. The task could take a long time, but teams that keep up their stamina could encounter little difficulty.

Jeff: I have a good feeling about Climbing Nut, let’s do that.
Britney: Okay, you’re driving again.

Silas and Andre reached Davy Hill next and also chose Climbing Nut.
Andre: Five gallons sounds like a lot. This sounds like more fun anyway.

Britney and Jeff followed the flags to the cliff, where they met the safety crew. They received their instructions and Britney was chosen to go first.

Britney: Oh, this is fun!
Jeff: Go Britney!
Britney: Oh, wait, something’s stuck.
Jeff: That’s not good.
Britney: My foot is caught in something Jeff!
Jeff: Get it out, we can’t waste time.
Britney: *sighs* I’m working on it!

The three teams from the last flight each made it to Plymouth with little incident, making Darlene and Becky last. Lil and Mitzi and Nick and Brady were still there, so they were now joined by Josh and Tommy, Lacey and Madison, and Mark and Jane.

Juan and Lorena chose the Climbing Nut detour once they reached Davy Hill, as did Holly and Rich.

Rich: The Coconut detour sounds like such a waste of time.
Holly: Let’s just finish this task quickly.

Back at the ruins of Plymouth, Nick and Brady had found the metal ball. Lil and Mitzi were now getting very frustrated with their inability to find it.

Lacey: Eww, this place is dirty!
Madison: How do I use this shovel? I’ve never shoveled, in like my whole life.
Lacey: This place is seriously creeping me out, I want to find this ball thing so I can get out of here. What if that volcano explodes again and we all die?
Madison: Ugh, don’t talk about hot stuff, I am already sweating enough!
Lacey: Me too, I’m like so filthy! This is such hard work!

Josh: The ball, Tommy, right there.
Tommy: That was fast, good eyes Josh.
Josh: Davy Hill. We’re going!
Tommy: We know we are at least seventh, because three teams are still back there, so we are doing well.

Darlene: Is that it, is that Plymouth?
Becky: Yeah, finally. You are such a terrible driver. We are so last.
Darlene: Becky, you should shut up. You are not helping.
Becky: You don’t help us when we get lost!
Darlene: Just open the clue, Becky.
Becky: At least you didn’t get us lost walking over to the cluebox.
Darlene: Open the clue, Becky, just open the clue!

An on-edge Darlene and Becky now joined the other three teams in searching.

Silas and Andre reached the Climbing Nut detour and Silas began his descent. As he did, Britney pulled out her foot and she hurried to make up lost time.

Jeff: Go Britney, you can do it.
Andre: Silas, you can beat her, she’s just a girl!

Silas and Britney raced down and Silas destroyed Britney’s lead. Andre then went down the cliff and Jeff tried unsuccessfully to pass him. Silas and Andre were now in the lead. Andre opened the next clue.  

Andre: Drive to the Montserrat Volcano Observatory where you will receive your next clue.

Britney and Jeff received their clue and joined Silas and Andre in the race for first.

Later, Juan and Lorena reached the Climbing Nut detour, followed by Holly and Rich. Holly and Rich finished easily. However, after Juan reached the bottom, Lorena was struck by a fear of heights.

Lorena: I can’t do this Juan! I think I’m going to die!
Juan: You can do it, Lorena, I did it!
Lorena: No, I want to get out of here!
Juan: When you reach the bottom, you can! I’m not switching detours!
Lorena: We have to, I can’t do this.
Juan: We are not switching detours, you are going to get down here, Lorena!

Holly: Drive to the Montserrat Volcano Observatory.

Back at Plymouth, Mark and Jane found their metal ball. The three remaining all-female teams, Lil and Mitzi, Darlene and Becky, and Lacey and Madison were now tied for last.

Nick and Brady chose the Climbing Nut detour and Josh and Tommy also chose the Climbing Nut. As Nick and Brady reached the Climbing Nut, they were shocked to find that Lorena was still there.

Brady: We caught up, sweet man!
Nick: We’re going to do this fast, okay, Brady? Let’s just do it!

Nick and Brady sped down the cliff, much to the chagrin of Lorena.

Lorena: I’m sorry Juan, I don’t know what I’m doing!
Juan: Lorena, we will lose this race because of you.

Josh and Tommy were next, and although they went slower, they both passed Lorena as well.

Josh: Drive to the Montserrat Volcano Observatory.

At the Montserrat Volcano Observatory, Silas and Andre encountered a Roadblock.

Andre: Who wants to be a scientist? I will do it.

In this Roadblock, chosen team members will be given a list of made-up information about a volcano. They will then use that information to determine which of the twenty given dates is the date when the volcano will erupt. For every wrong guess, they must wait ten minutes.

Andre entered the Observatory and saw the list of information and the twenty dates.

Andre: Okay, let’s see what I can figure out…

Britney and Jeff were next to reach the Observatory.

Jeff: Britney, I trust you with this more than me.
Britney: Okay, I’ll do it.

Britney began work on her second Roadblock. The very first thing she did was cross out all the dates that were in the past.

Britney: I noticed that the information was recent, so it obviously couldn’t be in the past. I think I crossed out like, nine or so dates.

The two were cautious to make guesses, but Andre finally picked a date. It turned out to be wrong, so he had to wait ten minutes before his next guess. Britney pored over the data, trying to find something that looked good. She looked over her remaining options and chose one that sounded good. Unfortunately, it was also wrong, so she had to wait ten minutes as well. Britney went back to her list, and decided that three options sounded really good. She hoped to narrow down her options soon.

Back at Plymouth, Lil and Mitzi rejoiced as they finally found the metal ball. Their spirits instantly lifted and they sped out of Plymouth.

Mitzi: We need to get out of here!
Lil: Yes, let’s get moving.

Lacey and Madison and Darlene and Becky knew they were racing to not be eliminated.

Becky: Mom, found it.
Darlene: Ah, Becky, you did so good!

Lacey: No, Madison, we are in so much trouble!
Madison: We’ll find it soon, Lacey, we need to.

At the cliff, Lorena finally reached the bottom. Juan gave his wife a quick hug and they found that they were to drive the Montserrat Volcano Observatory. Meanwhile, Mark and Jane had just decided to also do the Climbing Nut detour.

At the Roadblock, the time had expired for both teams, so they were free to guess again. Andre got another wrong guess. Britney looked over the information a bit longer before choosing. She took a guess over to the scientist and she was confirmed to be right.

Britney: Ahh! Thank you so much! Jeff, Jeff!
Jeff: Next clue. Drive to your next Pit Stop, the town hall of Salem, Montserrat. Warning: The last team to arrive may be eliminated.

Britney and Jeff quickly sped off. Andre’s time expired and he went to make another guess, which was also wrong. All his wrong guesses allowed Holly and Rich to catch up. Rich was chosen to do the Roadblock.  Rich made his first guess wrong and had to wait ten minutes.

At Plymouth, Lacey and Madison half-heartedly dug around for their ball.

Madison: We are last. There is no way around it, we’re last.
Lacey: Yeah, but we tried, and I’m glad I got to be here with you.
Madison: Aww, that’s sweet, Lace. I’m also glad I… oh my gosh, I found the ball!
Lacey: MADISSSONN!!!
Madison: LACEEEYYY!!!
The two hugged.
Together: Yay yay yay yay!!
Lacey: Davy Hill, oh my gosh, he sounds cute!
Madison: *still excited* It’s a city, Lacey, or a village.
Lacey: We need to go there and meet him!

Lil and Mitzi reached Davy Hill and chose the Coconut detour.
Lil: I said no more leg work, and this is arm work, so I think we can handle this.

Mark and Jane hurried down the cliff, finishing their detour.  

Mark: Montserrat Volcano Observatory. Okay, Jane, we’re going to have to look for directions again.

Later, Darlene and Becky made it Davy Hill.
Becky: Um, I don’t think we’ll be able to follow those flags to the cliff, so Coconut.
Darlene: I’ve got a coconut before, it’s hard!
Becky:  Mom, we can do this, don’t worry.

Nick and Brady had now reached the Observatory and Brady was chosen to do another Roadblock. Brady went into scientist mode, looking over all the data carefully. Andre was working his way through the dates and finally got lucky with his guess.

Andre: Sorry, I took so long, I busted our lead.
Silas: We’re fine. Oh, Pit Stop! Let’s go, maybe Britney and Jeff got stuck, we’ve still got a chance.

Josh and Tommy were fifth to reach the Observatory and Josh was chosen to do the Roadblock, pitting him against Rich and Brady.

Lil and Mitzi arrived at the Coconut detour and saw the five gallon jug they had to fill.
Mitzi: Oh, this will be so easy! Just chop these babies open!

Lil and Mitzi worked hard on the coconuts, and Mitzi developed a way to open the coconuts faster. They poured, but there was not much juice in each coconut, it seemed. However, they worked well, allowing them to finish before Darlene and Becky arrived.  They were soon headed to the Observatory.

Phil then watched as a car drove up and a team jumped out.

Phil: Britney and Jeff.
Jeff: Ohhhh…..
Phil: You are team number ONE!
Jeff: YEAH!
Britney: First again!
Jeff: Britney, you did so awesome. We kicked butt on everything!
Phil: As the winners of this leg of the race, you have both won your own personal yacht, which you can enjoy after the race.
Britney: That is so awesome!

Phil: Silas and Andre. You are team number TWO!
Silas: Two, not bad.
Andre: We’re moving on up, we’ll be first soon, just watch.

Rich got lucky on the Roadblock and headed off. Brady meanwhile had narrowed down his options and also picked the right date.

Brady: Nick, Rich finished only minutes before me, we can pass them.
Nick: You bet we can pass them!

Holly: Ugh, Nick and Brady’s car is behind us.
Rich: Are you sure? Check if there’s an obnoxious mactor driving.
Holly: Yeah, there is.
Rich: Okay, Nick and Brady are behind us.

Juan and Lorena arrived at the Roadblock and Lorena decided to do the Roadblock to make up for her Detour performance. As she entered, Josh got the correct date and he and Tommy drove up to the Pit Stop. Later, Mark and Jane arrived and Mark was chosen to do the Roadblock.

Brady: We’re getting close to, I think we’re going to have a foot race.
Nick: I’m so ready for a foot race, what about you, bro?
Brady: Think we can outrun two forty-year-olds?
Nick: Think we can outrun any two people in this Race?
Brady: Oh, they’re parking!  

Nick and Brady jumped out of their car and began running. Meanwhile, Holly and Rich stayed in their car and watched them run aimlessly around for a moment, then continued driving.

Holly: Idiots.
Rich: Let’s see how long it takes for them to figure out we’re nowhere near the Pit Stop.

Nick: Where are we?
Brady: I don’t know… Holly and Rich must’ve tricked us!
Nick: Oooh, I hate them so much!
Brady: We’ll get ‘em back later. Maybe the Pit Stop is close by, let’s ask around.

Nick and Brady were stunned to learn the town hall was only three blocks away.

Brady: We need to run, maybe we can beat them!
Nick: *running* In their car?
Brady: Yeah, in their car. Let’s go!

A team arrived to meet Phil.

Phil: Holly and Rich. You are team number THREE.
Holly: *smiling* Yup. We made it through another leg!

Phil: Nick and Brady. You are team number FOUR.
Brady: *panting* Awww, man. We were close.
Nick: Holly and Rich are gonna get it from us. We’re going to be watching them from now on.

Phil: Josh and Tommy. You are team number FIVE.
Tommy: Better than eighth.
Josh: We’re in it for the long haul, Phil. We aren’t going down easily.

Darlene and Becky were now working on the Coconut, making slow progress. Meanwhile, Lacey and Madison chose the Climbing Nut detour.

Lacey: *on the way to the Detour* We are so crazy to be doing this.
Madison: I am freaking out and we aren’t even there.
Lacey: But we need to get ahead, right? So we have to do this!

Lorena missed the date again and Mark also got the wrong date. Then, Lil and Mitzi arrived, and Lil was selected to do the detour. Lil looked over the information and went to pick a date. It was wrong so she waited ten minutes with the others. Lorena made another wrong guess. Mark made a wrong guess as well. Then, Lil went to try again and had selected the right date.

Lil: Mitzi, we made up huge ground!
Mitzi: How? Never mind, let’s just go to the PIT STOP!

Lorena found the date next, followed by Mark.

Lorena: Juan, I am so sorry, I have been dragging you down this leg.
Juan: Forget it, so long as we aren’t eliminated.

Jane: Salem?
Mark: Salem, let’s hurry, maybe we can pass some of these teams.

Lacey: Madisssooonnn!! I’m going down!
Madison: Go Lacey!
Lacey: This isn’t very hard, it’s fun actually!
Madison: Lacey, your boyfriend will probably die of shock if he saw you now.
Lacey: My boyfriend will die of shock if I come home with a million dollars!
Madison: I will die of shock if you manage to not spend the million dollars before you get home!
Lacey: Ha, I didn’t think of that!
Madison: Lacey, you are making great progress, oh you are so the best female climber ever!

Darlene: How close are we to being done?
Becky: I’m tired.
Darlene: Becky, I think we’ll be finished with this soon. Just a few more coconuts.
Becky: Didn’t you hear me? I’m tired, I need a break!
Darlene: We can’t have a break, we are in last, we have to catch up!
Becky: It’s good I have these coconuts here so I can release my anger on them.

Phil: Lil and Mitzi. You are team number SIX.
Lil: Oh man, we thought we were so far behind!
Mitzi: This is a big shock for us.

Phil: Mark and Jane. You are team number SEVEN.
Mark:  Ha! Juan and Lorena will be pissed.
Jane:  I’m just relieved we’re still in!

Phil: Juan and Lorena. You are team number EIGHT.
Juan: This is so ridiculous.
Lorena: I’m sorry, Juan, I tried.
Juan: Try harder and next time we won’t be eighth!
Lorena: I’m sorry!

Lacey and Madison both finished the Detour and headed to the Observatory. Darlene and Becky finished as well, allowing them to head to the Observatory.

Lacey: Who wants to be a scientist? Oh my god, what kind of idiot would want to be a scientist?
Madison: BORING!
Lacey: Okay, I did the last one, so you do this one.

Becky: Mom, I am so exhausted right now, so you are doing the Roadblock.
Darlene: If it means it gets done!

Madison: Ugh, random numbers are stupid. I’ll just pick this one.
Scientist: That is correct.
Madison: WHAT IN THE NAME OF COCO CHANEL DID YOU JUST SAY!?
Scientist: That is correct, here is your next clue.
Madison: Laceeeeyyyy, Laceeeeyyyy!!!
Lacey: Ah, Madison! You are the best scientist ever!
Madison: Oh my gosh, if science is this easy I’m surprised they haven’t cured cancer yet.
Lacey: I know, what’s up with that? And what’s up with the prices at Armani Exchange?
Madison:  Tell me about it. I mean, don’t tell me about it because we’re in a race! PIT STOP!

Darlene: Here, please be right.
Scientist: That is wrong.
Darlene: Oh…
*ten minutes later*
Scientist: Wrong.
*ten minutes later*
Scientist: Wrong
Darlene: I’m sorry, Becky…
*ten minutes later*
Scientist: Also wrong.
Darlene: Oh, this is awful. This is just completely awful!

Phil: Lacey and Madison. You are team number NINE!
Lacey: Nine again.
Madison: It’s better than ten!
Lacey: It is better than ten, Madi you are so smart!

Becky: Mom has been in there for an hour. So, we are so eliminated.

Becky: Two hours, it’s now been two hours since we got here and Lacey and Madison have obviously checked in. I don’t know why she’s taking so long, but I just want to go to the mat so we get eliminated and I can go home. This was really a mistake and frankly, I could care less if ever saw my mom again after this.

Becky: This is now two hours and thirty minutes. So now I’m just waiting for my mom to get out of here, because I’m almost certain she’s gone through every possible option.

Becky: Three hours, she’s still not out. I’ve been doing nothing, I don’t know what’s going on, all I know is my mom is a complete idiot for not being able to figure this out.
Darlene: *comes out with clue* I’m so sorry honey. I’m so sorry.
Becky: Just get in the car and drive.

Phil: Darlene and Becky. You are the last team to arrive.
Becky: *crying a little* Yeah.
Phil: I’m… pleased to tell you however this is a non-elimination leg and you are still in The Great Amazing Race.
Becky: CRAP!
Darlene: Becky!
Becky: I’m stuck with you for at least one more leg! Ugh! *stomps off*
Phil: I think there is something going on here.
Darlene: I didn’t know she was so mad at me. If it would make her happy for us to quit, I’d be okay with that. If it makes my daughter happy, that’s what I want.
Phil: Okay, somebody bring Becky back.
*later*
Phil: Darlene and Becky, it seems that you no longer want to be in the race. Therefore, this leg can be made an elimination leg and instead a future elimination leg will become non-elimination. I will let you decide.
Becky: Well…

Becky: I don’t want to have all the effort I put into this race go to waste. Therefore, even though I’m stuck with my mom, I’d like to stay in. Thank you.
Phil: Very well. Darlene and Becky, you are still in the race.
Darlene: Thank you, Becky.
Phil: However, I must say that if you don’t get it together I will probably be seeing you here again next leg.
Becky: Don’t worry about us. I can take care of anything.

FINAL STANDINGS
1. BRITNEY AND JEFF
2. Silas and Andre
3. Holly and Rich
4. Nick and Brady
5. Josh and Tommy
6. Lil and Mitzi
7. Mark and Jane
8. Juan and Lorena
9. Lacey and Madison
10. Darlene and Becky – Non-elimination

IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 2:20am »

Woah...why did Becky go like that all of a sudden?
IP Logged

I wanna see if I can embark on reviving Forumsnet. I hope I succeed. I really miss this place. Cheesy
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 3:21am »

Because sometimes she can get really, really nasty.  Angry

I like having some angry characters like Becky and Juan. They make for interesting writing. Lacey and Madison are really fun to write for, but you can't deny that the more hard-hitting stuff is also exciting to read.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 3:23am »

^^I agree. Grin I just found that rather odd. But then, that's what made me like it more. Grin
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 3:26am »

Next time...

-Teams take fly to Brazil.
-An unlikely pair of teams band together to get farther in the race.
-Two teams get an amazing driver that puts them hours ahead of the teams that they were previously stuck with.
-One team member stuns everyone with a shocking performance at the Roadblock.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 5:46am »

You barely have to wait for the third episode! Here it is.

Episode 3 – What’s your brilliant plan? - Brady

Britney and Jeff, who had come in first for the second leg in a row, opened their next clue.

Jeff: Drive yourself to Gerald’s Airport and book a flight to Brasilia, Brazil. Once there, take a taxi to Paranoa Lake, where you will receive your next clue.

Silas and Andre were also on the road and joined the childhood friends at the airport.

Andre: What’s the best flight?
Jeff: We aren’t telling you.
Andre: Ah, come on. Tell us when the best flight is.
Britney: It’s tomorrow.
Silas: No fooling?
Britney: You want to check it out yourself? We’re all on the same flight.
Andre: That’s crap.
Britney: I know, it’s all evened up now.
Andre: No, I mean the same flight thing! I don’t believe that.

Silas and Andre went off to look for a different flight.

Britney: I told them the truth, why didn’t they believe me?
Jeff: I don’t know, they don’t trust people. But Brit, you shouldn’t be giving out information.
Britney: I don’t think we should be making enemies.
Jeff: Well, I don’t think we should be letting teams beat us.
Britney: Okay, this isn’t worth it, Jeff, let’s just find a place to sleep and get on the plane tomorrow.

Silas: This is the only flight?
Attendant: Yes. If something else appears, I will tell you.
Silas: Good, do that.

All the remaining teams arrived at the airport and got tickets for the flight. Silas and Andre had tickets, but several hours later, they continued to wait for a better flight.

Silas: Anything?
Attendant: Something has just shown up. We can get you in six hours ahead, but you will have to leave very soon.
Silas: That’s fine, put us on. And if anyone asks, this flight does not exist.
Attendant: I can’t do that, but have a nice day.

Lil: Mitzi, did you see that? I think Silas found something.
Mitzi: Wait, til they’re gone.
Brady:  What are you two talking about?
Mitzi: Those two, Silas and Andre. They might have a better flight.
Nick: Oh. Interesting.

Nick went up to check it out.
Nick: Is there another flight to Brasilia?
Attendant: Yes there is. I can put you on it, but there is room for only one other team.
Nick: Okay, just make sure you have Nick and Brady Kammerman on the flight.
Attendant: You are booked.

Nick hid the tickets and went back to Lil and Mitzi.
Lil: What?
Nick: There is a flight, but it’s full.
Mitzi: Did you get the last tickets?
Nick: Yes.
Mitzi: Dang it. Well, good luck you two.
Nick: Thanks.

Later…
Brady: What did you tell them? Did you say the flight is full?
Nick: Yeah, but it’s only because I have a plan.
Brady: I don’t like lying to people, you know that.
Nick: Yes, I know, but it’s only Lil and Mitzi. Don’t you want to know what my plan is?
Brady: What’s your brilliant plan?
Nick: Watch…. Hi Darlene. I think we’ve found a better flight. But please, be really quiet because we don’t want any other teams getting on it.
Darlene: Oh, wonderful! Becky, we can get back in this race! But we’ve got to do it secretly.

Darlene and Becky scooped up the last tickets and because of Becky’s careful planning, nobody noticed anything. Now Silas and Andre, Nick and Brady, and Darlene and Becky where on a flight six hours ahead of everyone else.

As the three teams left, the other seven noticed them going. Lil and Mitzi quickly noticed that Darlene and Becky were on the flight.

Lil: They lied to us. Nick and Brady, those liars! Why did they have to do that?
Mitzi: Karma, Lil, remember Karma.

Mark: I’m definitely upset about this, but I can only blame myself. We could’ve been on that flight.
Jane: I thought we’d have an even playing field, but I guess not.

Britney: We aren’t first anymore.
Jeff: Yeah, well… hopefully we won’t be last.

Silas, Andre, Nick, Brady, Darlene, and Becky all landed in Brasilia and raced to get taxis to go to Paranoa Lake. The traffic made the race close, but Nick and Brady arrived first, followed by Darlene and Becky and Silas and Andre.

Nick opened the clue.

Nick: Roadblock. Who wants to feel the wind in their sails? I think I should do it.
For this Roadblock, teams will experience windsurfing. The chosen team member will take a windsurf board and navigate a slalom course of buoys until they reach the buoy with the clues on it. They will take one and then return back to shore where they will open their clue.

Nick took up the challenge and began windsurfing. It took a while to get used to it, but he soon learned what to do. Becky chose herself to do the challenge and she too tried to navigate the course. Andre chose Silas because he had never done a Roadblock.

Meanwhile, Brady pulled Darlene aside.
Brady: I don’t feel good about lying to Lil and Mitzi to get you on this flight.
Darlene: Oh?
Brady: Honestly, I think that Nick chose you because you were last, so he thinks you are the weakest team.
Darlene: We aren’t, we just had some… problems last leg.
Brady: I believe you, it’s just that Nick probably wanted some security.
Darlene: The best security for your team would be if we allied. Then you could really see that we aren’t the weakest team.
Brady: I’d be fine with that.

Surprisingly, Becky managed to get ahead of Nick and get the clue first. She returned to shore and opened the clue.
Becky: Take a taxi to the Cathedral of Brasilia, where you will find your next clue.
Darlene: Wait, Becky, I just worked out a deal with Nick and Brady. They’re going to help us so let’s wait for them.
Becky: We don’t need no Nick and Brady!
Darlene:  Becky, it’ll be good, they’re a solid team and they can help us out. It’ll be good for us.
Becky: Fine. I’ll go along with it.

Nick finished the Roadblock and joined Darlene and Becky.
Becky: We’re going to the Cathedral of Brasilia. You can follow our taxi.
Nick: Okay… Brady what is this?
Brady: I talked to Darlene. We’re allied now.
Nick: What? Oh wait, this could be good. Ally with the weakest team left, that’s brilliant!
Brady: They aren’t the weakest team, Nick, I wouldn’t say that.
Nick:  Right, as soon as Lacey and Madison get out, they will be the weakest team.
Brady: You really have an issue with women, don’t you?
Nick: I have an issue with teams that finish ninth or tenth, Brady. The placements say it all.

Silas: Cathedral of Brasilia. Okay, we’re getting a taxi.

Darlene and Becky reached the Cathedral of Brasilia with Nick and Brady right behind.

Darlene: Travel by bus to Rio De Janeiro. Once there, you will take a taxi to the Christ the Redeemer statue where you will receive your next clue.

Darlene, Becky, Nick, and Brady all headed to the bus station and found a bus that would take them there. After paying the fare, they were on their way.

Darlene: This alliance is working great.
Nick: Yeah, completely.
Brady: I say we pick the same Detour.
Becky: Great, but if we finish before you, we’re going on ahead.
Brady: Fine with us.

Becky: I really do like Nick and Brady. I don’t know why but for some reason I feel much calmer when I’m around them. They’re the kind of guys that I want to be around.

Silas and Andre found another bus, but they were behind due to more traffic.

Silas: They’re working together.
Andre: Yup. It’s two against one here. You think we can beat them?
Silas: Let’s see what happens.

Hours later, the first bus arrived in Rio and once again the two teams followed each other.  Nick opened the clue first.

Nick: Detour: Racecar or Cable Car

In Racecar, teams travel to the Jacarepagua where, one team member at a time, they will get in a racecar with a professional driver and do five laps around the track.
In Cable Car, teams travel to the Sugarloaf Mountain cable car, which they will ride to the top. Once there, they will receive their next clue.

Nick: Racecars are faster than Cable Cars...
Darlene: If we do Cable Car, we can all stick together because we can all be in the same cable car.
Brady: Becky, what do you think?
Becky: Honestly? Racecar is faster.
Brady: Okay, we’ll do that.

The teams took taxis to the Jacarepagua. Meanwhile, Silas and Andre arrived at the Christ the Redeemer statue.

Silas: Racecar or Cable Car? We’re way ahead, I’d rather do Racecar for the fun of it.
Andre: Sounds good.

Darlene and Becky and Nick and Brady were now at the Jacarepagua. Darlene and Nick each went in the cars first and began their laps.

Brady: Oh wow, they’re fast.
Becky: Brady, honestly, why did you decide to ally with us?
Brady: Because it seemed like a good idea.
Becky: Oh. Okay. I guess that’s a good reason.

Darlene and Nick finished their laps. Becky and Brady got in their cars.

Nick: It’ll be a battle for first and second.
Darlene: Yes, it will.

Silas and Andre then arrived and Silas began his set of five laps with his driver.

Andre: Did you guys already go?
Nick: Yes. We’re almost out of here.
Andre: This sucks, you beat us on our flight.
Nick: It wasn’t your flight, it was anybody’s flight.
Andre: Whatever.

A racecar pulled in having finished its five laps.

Darlene: Good job Becky.
Becky: I didn’t really do anything, but I’ll take it. *reads the clue* Take a taxi to the Pit Stop, The Copacabana Palace Hotel. Warning: The last team to check in may be eliminated.
Brady: Okay, let’s see here. Pit Stop.
Nick: We’ve got to hurry, just because we’re allies doesn’t mean we can’t be first.

Darlene and Becky got in their taxi without a second thought to Nick and Brady.

Darlene: Rapido! Rapido!

Nick: Do you know a fast way, so we can avoid all the traffic?
Driver: I will try something.
Nick: Yes, good!

Becky: We will pay you extra if you get us there fast!

Nick: How close are we?
Driver: Maybe five minutes.
Nick: Make it two.
Driver: I’ll try.

A team pulled out and ran to the mat…

Phil: Darlene and Becky. You are team number ONE!
Becky: I knew it! We did great!
Phil: From last to first, how did you do it?
Becky: We made an alliance and I’ve been much calmer now, so everything’s good.
Darlene: I think the fact that I wasn’t driving had something to do with it.
Becky: Oh mom!
Phil: Well, as the winners of this race, you have each won a weeklong trip for two to lovely Paris, France.
Becky: Ooh… I don’t know yet if we’ll be taking that together.
Darlene: We’ll see Becky, we’ll see.

Phil: Nick and Brady. You are team number TWO!
Nick: Oh wow, they beat us.
Brady: Nick doesn’t expect the girl teams to do well.
Nick: Brady, get off it, I knew they were good. I just didn’t know they were that good.
Phil: What do you think of this alliance?
Brady: I hope it stays. It got us first and second this leg, it should stand up for subsequent legs.

Phil: Silas and Andre. You are team number THREE!
Silas: We got double-teamed man!
Andre: Those two teams work well together. But next leg, we’ll show ‘em. We just need to keep going all out every leg so we can be prepared on that final leg.

The other seven teams now arrived and caught taxis to Lake Paranao. Josh and Tommy were the first team to arrive.

Tommy: I can’t do this… I’m not a good swimmer.
Josh: It’s not a swimming challenge.
Tommy: But what if I’m in the water, I can’t get back into whatever I’m on.
Josh: Okay, fine, I wanted to do it anyway. Windsurfing. This should be fun.

Holly and Rich, Lacey and Madison, and Mark and Jane arrived next. Holly and Madison were chosen.

Jane: Mark, you do it.
Mark: My third Roadblock in a row?
Jane: Look, you see Josh out there? I know I can’t do that.
Mark: Fine. I’ll do it for you.

Rich smiled as Holly got on her board. He looked over at Tommy, Lacey, and Jane, so that he could see their reactions. The thing that Rich knew that none of the others did was that Holly had windsurfed before and was actually very good at it.

Juan and Lorena arrived in time to watch the show. Holly maneuvered the board expertly, passing Josh on the lake, and finishing in only a few minutes.

Holly: Simple.
Rich: Holly, that was brilliant.
Lacey: Aww… now I can’t see Madison is the best female wakeboarder ever. I’ll have to think of something different. Holy smokes, I’ll have to think!
Holly: Take a taxi to the Cathedral of Brasilia.

After watching, Juan was chosen to do the Roadblock, partly because of how badly Lorena had been performing in all the previous tasks. Lil and Mitzi arrived next and Mitzi decided to do the Roadblock.

Even then he had difficulty, Josh managed to finish ahead of everyone but Holly. Josh and Tommy were now on their way to the Cathedral of Brasilia. Madison was severely struggling to get her board to go straight. Lacey kept encouraging her, but Madison was not getting anywhere. Meanwhile, Juan and Mitzi had both passed her. Mark finished the Roadblock and he and Jane also got a taxi to the Cathedral of Brasilia.

Britney and Jeff, meanwhile, had a taxi driver that got them lost.

Jeff: I’ve never been last before.
Britney: We don’t know if we are last.
Jeff: I’m sure we’re last.
Britney: We’ll make it up.
Jeff: Okay. We can do it.

Holly: Travel by bus to Rio De Janeiro. Once there, you will take a taxi to the Christ the Redeemer statue where you will receive your next clue.
Rich: Let’s do a bit of research on these buses before we just grab one.

Holly and Rich found one that, according to the times, was the fastest. They sat in the bus waiting for it to leave. While they did so, Josh and Tommy and Mark and Jane joined them.

Holly: There goes our lead.
Josh: I knew you guys would be happy to see us.

Juan finished the Roadblock, followed by Mitzi. Madison was still left to flail around in the lake. Lacey did not give up on her, and still shouted positive things at her. Britney and Jeff’s driver finally got things together and dropped them off at the Roadblock.

Jeff: I’m really frustrated right now and I don’t like to be frustrated.
Britney: Okay, Roadblock. Jeff, take out your frustration on this challenge.
Jeff: Fine. I’ll do it.

Jeff and Madison were now racing.  Madison was still doing poorly, but had more time to make progress and was farther ahead then Jeff. Jeff had never windsurfed before, but he picked it up quickly. He was now going at a good speed and was navigating the course well. He was not able to pass Madison, though, as she was simply too far ahead.

Lacey hugged Madison as she came in.

Lacey: You did it! You are the best not quitter ever!
Madison: Aww, you’re the best encourager ever! Let’s open the clue. Take a taxi to the Cathedral of Brasilia. Let’s go!

Jeff finished shortly afterwards.

Jeff: We have to make up some ground here.
Britney: I understand; we’re going all out.

Holly and Rich, Josh and Tommy, and Mark and Jane all left on the first bus out.
Juan and Lorena and Lil and Mitzi left on the second bus.
Lacey and Madison and Britney and Jeff had found themselves stuck on the last bus.

Holly: Everything is going well so far.
Driver:  Uh-oh. Out of gas!
Holly: I really need to learn to stop speaking.

The first bus waited for gas as the second bus passed them, much to the delight to the teams on board. The third bus also passed them. Now the first bus was in last.

Jeff: It’s time to see how much farther we can move ahead. *to the driver* We’re in a race, can you please go faster? It’s very important.
Driver: Ahh… I’ll see what I can do for you.
Jeff: Thank you.

The third bus sped ahead and was soon right behind the second bus.

Lil: Oooh, not good, not good! Driver, can we go faster?
Driver: No, we run out of gas.
Lil: Oh, okay, don’t go faster!

Since the second bus would not go faster, the third bus soon passed them as well.

Lacey: Madi… we aren’t going to be ninth today!
Madison: Yay! *hugs Lacey*

Britney and Jeff and Lacey and Madison got off the bus and found taxis to take them to the Christ the Redeemer statue. Britney and Jeff were first.

Britney: Detour… I’m not sure about this Cable Car, but it could pay off.
Jeff: It could… but I feel like the Racecar is safer. We don’t want to get eliminated, so let’s do that.

Lacey: Detour: Racecar or…
Madison: OH MY GOSH, RACECAR SOUNDS LIKE THE FUNNEST THING EVER!
Lacey: You want to do it?
Madison: Yeah, we get to drive a racecar!
Lacey: Okay, let’s go!

In the taxi race to the stadium, Lacey and Madison won.

Lacey: Okay, I’m going first!
Madison: Good luck Lacey!
Lacey: I will!

Britney: Okay, we can’t waste time, I’ll get in first.
Jeff: Hang on Brit!

Lacey kept a good lead on Britney and she finished her five laps ahead of her. Britney too finished her laps. Now Madison was ahead. Madison finished her laps as did Jeff. They were now neck and neck again.

They both received their next clues.

Lacey: The Copacabana Palace Hotel. Okay, let’s go get a taxi!

Lacey and Madison quickly got a taxi out of there. However, Britney and Jeff had difficulty. They were not able to get a taxi to stop for them.

Jeff: This is just weird. Do we have a sign on us that says Don’t Stop or something?

Finally, a taxi did pick them up about ten minutes after Lacey and Madison had left.

Jeff: Our only hope is the girls got stuck in something.

Phil: Lacey and Madison. You are team number FOUR.
Lacey: Oh wow!
Madison: Four! We are being competitive now!
Lacey: We aren’t ninth now!
Madison: Yay! We are so the best team ever!

Phil: Britney and Jeff. You are team number FIVE.
Britney: Okay, we survived.
Jeff: Next leg, we’re going to do better.

Juan and Lorena and Lil and Mitzi then arrived.

Juan: I don’t want that first bus to catch up, so we’ve got to be fast everywhere.

The two teams stayed close as they completed all the tasks, and both teams chose the Racecar detour.

It came down to the taxis.

Phil: Lil and Mitzi. You are team number SIX.
Lil: Not bad.
Mitzi: We could’ve been in the top three.
Lil: Yeah, well, that’s mostly our fault. We shouldn’t have trusted Nick. Nobody should trust Nick.

Phil: Juan and Lorena. You are team number SEVEN.
Lorena: Oh good.
Juan: That leg was much easier than the last one. I think we’re going to have a comeback soon.

Each of the three teams on the first bus knew they had fallen far behind. It was going to be a no-holds barred race to stay in.

They each arrived at the Christ the Redeemer statue neck-in-neck.

Josh:  Racecar or Cable Car?
Tommy: Racecar, no question.

Holly: Detour.
Rich: The racecars, racecars are fast!

Mark: Baby, everyone else is doing Racecar.
Jane: I know.
Mark: Yeah.
Jane: You know, I probably shouldn’t say this, but I really think we’re going to be eliminated.
Mark: *sighs* Yeah.
Jane: I just have that feeling.
Mark: Okay.
Jane: So why not do Cable Car and just relax for this last bit of the race?
Mark: If that’s what you want.

Phil: Josh and Tommy. You are team number EIGHT.
Josh: Back to eight? Ah man.
Tommy: We got unlucky this leg, otherwise we’d have done much better.

A co-ed team walks to the mat.

Phil: Holly and Rich. You are team number NINE.
Holly: Oh, thank you God!
Phil: You are still in this race.
Rich: We really slipped and it was nothing more than bad luck. Luck can make or break you in this race and today it almost broke us. But we’re here for another leg so the other teams should be watching out!  *smiles*

Phil: Mark and Jane.
Jane: Yes.
Phil: You are the last team to arrive.
Jane: We know.
Phil: I’m sorry to tell you you have been eliminated from the race.
Jane: We knew we couldn’t get ahead. That’s why we slowed down and took the Cable Car. And then we just walked everywhere…
Mark: We knew we were going home, so we just relaxed.  We don’t regret it. The whole race was just go, go, go and we finally found time just for ourselves so we could enjoy each other without worrying about anything.
Phil: Are you disappointed that you are out?
Jane: Only that we are out now. We wish we could’ve gone further, but you know, the other teams deserve to be here, so good for them. I’m thrilled about everything we got to do. This race was great for our relationship. And now that we know that we really can work well together, we’ll just see what the next step for our relationship is going to be.
Mark: Jane, I loved you before, but now, I think I love you more.
Jane: Aww, I love you too Mark.

FINAL STANDINGS
1. DARLENE AND BECKY
2. Nick and Brady
3. Silas and Andre
4. Lacey and Madison
5. Britney and Jeff
6. Lil and Mitzi
7. Juan and Lorena
8. Josh and Tommy
9. Holly and Rich
10. Mark and Jane - ELIMINATED

IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
ImANewUser
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 5:55am »

Woot!!! Darlene and Becky are in first... :laff:

And I like that Becky's nicer to Darlene than last leg. Grin

Keep it up, MK. Grin
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #13 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 7:43am »

Bwaha, Darlene and Becky are only first because Nick and Brady dragged them along and then they just got lucky. (Yes, I'm allowed to comment on my story like it's really the show. That's the fun part of fanfics.)

Lil and Mitzi were totally jipped, but at the same time, they really should've gone up to the counter themselves instead of just letting Nick take control of everything.

And too bad for Holly! She wasted everybody at the Roadblock, and then she ended up second to last because her stupid bus ran out of gas!  Cheesy Shows anything can happen on the race. Holly and Rich are lucky Mark and Jane decided to take it slow, because they could've potentially beat them. I guess we'll never know if the Cable Car detour was faster than the Racecar, since the one team that picked it went as slow as they possibly could.
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 7:25pm »

Episode 4 – As far as we know, every way is the right way! - Nick

Darlene and Becky had come from last to the first over the course of the third leg. Now they opened their next clue.

Darlene: Book a flight to Bogota, Colombia. Once there, proceed to the Gold Museum where you will receive your next clue.

Nick: We’re flying to Colombia.
Brady: We know who much difference a good flight can we make, so we’re really going to try to make sure we get the best one. And preferably, Darlene and Becky will be on it as well.

Silas: Fly to Bogota, Colombia.
Andre: Let’s go book our flights.

The three top teams arrived at the airport.

Silas: What is the first flight to land in Bogota?
Attendant: There is one that will arrive at 4:15 AM.
Andre: Okay, anything earlier.
Attendant: Let me see… one will arrive at 3 AM.
Andre: Is that the first one?
Attendant: Yes.
Andre: We’ll take it.

Nick: There’s a flight that lands in Bogota at 3 AM, Brady.
Brady: Okay, I’ll go tell Darlene and Becky that we’re on that.
Nick: It won’t leave for a long time though.
Brady: But if we’re six hours ahead of the teams behind us, we’ll still be in the air before they leave.
Nick: I wouldn’t count our chickens before they hatch, Brady. They could be closer than we think.

Silas and Andre, Nick and Brady, and Darlene and Becky were the only three teams on the 3 AM flight.
The other six teams – Lacey and Madison, Britney and Jeff, Lil and Mitzi, Juan and Lorena, Josh and Tommy, and Holly and Rich – were divided on two separate flights that both arrived at 9 AM, keeping the lead three teams three hours ahead.

Silas: Taxi, we need to go to the Gold Museum.
Brady: Please, follow that taxi up there. They’re going to the Gold Museum and we are too.
Becky: Gold Museum, go as fast as you can!

Silas and Andre reached the Gold Museum first and were surprised by what they found.

Silas: Hours of Operation? 10 AM!
Andre: Everyone will catch up.
Nick: Hey, what is this?
Silas: There’s an hours of operation here.
Brady: We are all even then. We’re all even.
Silas: Yup.
Nick: Our lead is gone.

As the other six teams arrived, they were thrilled to find they had caught up.

Jeff: Well, I don’t like being behind, it just nags at me, so catching up with everyone is a godsend.

At 10 AM, the Gold Museum opened and all nine teams rushed to get the clue.

Lil: Roadblock. Who’s ready to work for their clue? Sounds physical, so Mitzi… we agreed you’d do the physical stuff.
Mitzi: Fine, I’ll do it.
In this Roadblock, one team member must transfer 20 gold artifacts from the first floor of this museum up the stairs to the third flight. The task is physical, but teams with a lot of strength and endurance will not have much difficulty.

Lacey: Who’s ready to work for their clue? * looks at Madison*
Madison: *looks at Lacey*
Lacey: Oh we are so screwed.
Madison: You should do it! I had to suffer last leg!
Lacey: Ugh, fine.

Eventually, the chosen nine were Mitzi, Lacey, Becky, Nick, Silas, Jeff, Juan, Josh, and Rich. The others all waited outside to see who would be first out.

Josh decided to take as many artifacts as he could.

Josh: Don’t kid yourself, gold is heavy. That’s why I knew that I had an advantage, because from looking around, I could tell I was probably the strongest person there. I figured Nick or Silas could be competition, but that was it.

Josh quickly took up five artifacts. The three girls each took up two. The others brought either two or three. As the challenge wore on, the racers began to tire, with Lacey being the first.

Lacey: I am not made to run up stairs. And I’m definitely not made to do this… this is torture.

Rich fell behind the other five men, and Josh kept his lead, followed by Nick and Silas, as he expected. Becky was persevering, earning the respect of several guys. She didn’t quit, going back up and down and making strong progress. Mitzi and Lacey were falling behind as the other seven teams neared their goal.

Finally, Josh finished and ran back down.

Josh: Tommy, we’re done.
Tommy: Drive yourself to the Sabana de Bogota. Once there, you will search for your next clue.

Nick finished next and read the clue to Brady.
Brady: Are we waiting for Darlene and Becky?
Nick: We need to go, I don’t want to wait for her.
Brady: I’ll tell her first. Darlene.
Darlene: Yes?
Brady: We’re going ahead.
Darlene: Fine with us. We can catch up.
Brady: Okay, Nick, let’s go.
Darlene: Oh, Brady, you are so confusing.

Silas was next to finish.
Silas: We’re driving, so we can really show our stuff now!

There was a long wait for the next person to finish. Finally, Jeff came with a clue. Britney and he went out to find the Sabana de Bogota. Next was Juan. The first thing he and Lorena did was find a local who was willing to help them.

Lorena: Now that we are finally back in a Spanish speaking country, we have to take advantage of that, do something the other teams can’t do. So we got someone who would help us out.

Rich was now very tired and Becky’s endurance allowed her to pass him.

Becky: Mom, what happened while I was in there?
Darlene: Brady and Nick went off without us.
Becky: Good, at least they don’t think we’re helpless.
Darlene: They aren’t much of alliance partners.
Becky: Just wait, they’ll come crawling back when they need us again, they always do.  Oh and Mom.
Darlene: Yes, honey.
Becky: I don’t want to get lost again. We need proper directions.
Darlene: I don’t know how to get them.
Becky: Map.
Darlene: Brilliant, let’s go buy one.

Holly and Rich finished the Roadblock and were on their way. Mitzi and Lacey were tired as they brought up their last few artifacts.

Lacey: I need a trainer. I so need a trainer. A really cute one. I’ll name him Davy Hill. That’s what I’ll do.
Mitzi: One more…
Lacey: Is that twenty?
Curator: That is twenty.
Lacey: Yay! *runs down stairs* Madi, I did it!
Madison: Good job, Lacey! Where are we going next?

Silas and Andre sped ahead, followed by Josh and Tommy and Nick and Brady. Silas got the next clue.

Silas: Drive… yourself… oh, I am so cold, are you sure we’re still in South America?
Andre: We’re really high up, finish the clue.
Silas: I hate this weather. Okay… drive yourself to the Park of the Journalist in the city of Medellin.
Andre: We’re going back the way we came.

Nick: Park of the Journalist.
Brady: Off we go then.

Josh: Park of the Journalist.
Tommy: So it looks like this leg is going to be between us three male teams.
Josh:  *jokingly* With us beating the others into a pulp.

Juan and Lorena, Darlene and Becky, and Holly and Rich were now almost at the Sabana. Britney and Jeff however fell behind after making a bad turn.

Britney: We’re really crumbling from our first two legs.
Jeff: I don’t know what’s going wrong.
Britney: We’re fine… we’re just fine.

Becky: We got a map, so I think our chances this leg went way up.
Darlene: Maps are the best.
Becky: Right, you are, mom.
Darlene: Oh, clue box!

Darlene and Becky arrived in fourth place
Darlene: Park of the Journalist in Medellin. And we have a map to get us there!
Becky: Who needs Nick and Brady now? Those boys are going to be in for a surprise!

Juan and Lorena, local in tow, were fifth.
Juan: Park of the Journalist in Medellin.
Local: Oh, I’ve been there; I can help you find it really fast.
Lorena: Yes, please do!

Silas and Andre were the first to the Park of the Journalist, with no teams nearby.

Silas: Detour: Flowers or Horses?

In Flowers, teams must use flowers to completely cover a round woven base to make a silleta, a traditional decoration that is commonly seen in the Festival of the Flowers.
In Horses, teams must mount horses and ride them down the parade route for the Festival of the Flowers. Controlling the horses may be tricky, but teams that get lucky with animals could finish fast.

Silas: Horses. Obviously.

Silas and Andre went to mount their horses.
Andre: Go, horse, go!

Silas: One thing that we didn’t think about was that we didn’t actually know what the parade route was. So we had our horses and then we had no idea where to go next. None of the streets were marked so we had to just ask people.

Nick and Brady arrived next and also chose Horses. Josh and Tommy came and refused to have anything to do with Flowers and so chose Horses.

Josh: I’ve never ridden a horse in my life, so this is something.
Tommy: I think my horse likes me. It doesn’t kick me off.
Josh: It’s not even moving, Tommy.
Tommy: Well, we’ll fix that. Go horsey, go! *kicks Tommy off* OHHH!! Pain!
Josh: We’ve got to do this one, the Flowers detour is just a waste of time.

The three all-male teams struggled to either get their horses under control or find the parade route. The other teams were then able to catch up.

Local: That’s it, right there.
Lorena: Cluebox, gracias!
Juan: Flowers or Horses?
Lorena: Juan, please no Horses. Please do Flowers.
Juan: All right. I can’t ride a horse anyway.

Juan and Lorena began making their silleta.
Lorena: This is actually relaxing. I’m glad we’re doing this one.

Tommy: Horse, you suck!
Josh: Um, Tommy’s horse was really stupid because whenever he made it go… it ended up kicking him off. So we were stuck at the start for… way too long.
Josh: Tommy, just switch. You take my horse and I’ll take yours.
Tommy: Or we could switch detours. I’m really not keen in riding horses any more.
Josh: If you want to mess around with flowers, go ahead.
Tommy: Come on, Josh, it’s just flowers. It won’t kill you.
Josh: Fine, we switch.

Josh and a very sore Tommy walked over to join Juan and Lorena at the silleta making. Juan and Lorena were now one third done.

Josh: How do you do this?
Lorena: Wait, why are you here?
Josh: We switched. Tommy’s horse hates him.
Lorena: Just stick the flowers on, it’s not that hard.
Josh: Oh… hey it’s not that hard at all. It stuck!
Tommy: We should’ve done this at the start.

Darlene and Becky then arrived and decided to not mess around with horses. They joined the other two teams making the silletas.

Darlene: Okay, Becky, this should be easy.

Nick: Brady, where are you going?
Brady: I don’t know.
Nick: Well, stop going that way!
Brady: Maybe it’s the right way.
Nick: As far as we know, every way is the right way! Ugh, this is so stupid.
Brady: Let’s find someone who can lead us. Anybody want to help us? Someone who knows what they’re doing?

Silas: I think we’ve passed here already.
Andre: Yeah, that sign, we’ve seen it before.
Silas: I don’t think the route loops around. Maybe we should find the starting line and try again. We need so much help.

Holly and Rich then came in and chose Horses.

Rich: We know how to ride horses! Yes!
Holly: We are so lucky right now. And luck all the other teams are still here.
Rich: Come on Holly, let’s go. We just need to find the right route.

Britney and Jeff were making their way to Medellin after finding the Sabana. Meanwhile, Lil and Mitzi and Lacey and Madison were running to the cluebox.

Lil: Park of the Journalist.
Lacey: Cluebox, hurry, Madi- oof!
Madison: Lacey?
Lacey: *laughing* Ah, I tripped over myself! Oh my god, I am so stupid.
Madison: Next clue, Park of the Journalist.

Madison: You know we’re in last.
Lacey: Well, whatever, we are still in this race until Phil says we aren’t.

Juan and Lorena were the first team to finish making their silleta.

Person: Here is your next clue.
Lorena: Oh, this could be it! Take a taxi to your next Pit Stop, the Park of Lights.
Juan: Thanks for your help, but we don’t need you anymore.
Local:  Okay, bye.
Darlene: Juan and Lorena are leaving their local here…
Becky: Oh, are you thinking...?
Darlene: Excuse me, what’s your name?
Local: Frances.
Darlene: Frances, hi, I’m Darlene. We’re almost finished here, and after we’re done, we can use your help.
Frances: All right.

Holly: Where are we going?
Rich: Wait… here’s somebody. Excuse me, sir, can you show us the Festival of the Flowers route.
Man: Oh that is quite long… I don’t know if I can walk all that way.
Rich: Just tell us where to turn and stuff.
Man: Okay, I’ll need paper.
Rich: Please hurry!

Silas and Andre returned to the starting line.

Silas: Try again, right?
Andre: Directions, we need to get directions!

Nick: Anybody here who can help us?
Local: Yes? Something wrong?
Nick: Yes, we need to find the Festival of the Flowers route.
Local: Well, you are on it…
Nick: Oh good. Where do we go next?
Local: I can show you.
Nick: Finally!

Darlene: Okay, so we’re done, Becky.
Becky: Yes!
Josh: The girls passed us.
Tommy: Doesn’t matter, we can beat the horse teams. We’ll be done soon anyway.
Darlene: Frances, we’re going to the Park of Lights. Please tell our cab driver that.
Frances: Of course.

Juan: Rapido, Park of Lights.
Lorena: Please, no traffic. We need to get there as fast as we can!

Frances: Park of Lights.
Driver: Right…
Frances: I don’t think he knows.
Darlene: Then tell him.
Frances: Okay. *talks to the driver in Spanish about the best route*
Becky: Oh, yes, Frances, we would be so dead without you.

Phil: Juan and Lorena. You are team number ONE.
Juan: ONE! Yes!
Lorena: We’re winning now, I’m so happy!
Phil: As the winners of this leg of the race, you have won a trip for two to Sydney, Australia, which you can enjoy after the race.
Juan: We are not a losing team, Phil. We can do this. We can win this race.

Phil: Darlene and Becky. You are team number TWO.
Darlene: Not bad.
Phil: Who’s your friend?
Becky: Frances. She saved our butts by telling the driver how to get here.
Darlene: Thank you so much Frances.
Frances: Of course, it was fun.

Josh and Tommy finished off their silleta.
Josh: Oh, finally. I just wonder how far the Horses teams are.

Nick: Are we getting close?
Local: Yes, keep going.

Holly: What do the directions say?
Rich: Turn… we’re turning right here. And then, oh we’re almost done.

Festival Director: Congratulations, here is your next clue.
Brady: Oh, it’s over! Thank you.
Nick: Pit Stop. We need to get moving.

Holly: I think we did this pretty fast, what do you say Rich?
Rich: I say we did awesome.
Holly: Okay, stop here. Where do we get our clue from?
Rich: Is there supposed to be a box?
Holly: Are those directions correct?
Rich: Let’s ask somebody. Excuse me, do you know if this is the right route for the Festival of the Flowers.
Local Girl: Oh… this is… this is something completely different.
Rich: What?
Local Girl: You’ll have to follow me if you want to find the right route, I know what it is.
Holly: Thank you!

Silas: Where are we going?
Andre: Just find a local to help us.
Silas: No, this really isn’t working. We need to switch.

Britney and Jeff arrived and chose the Flowers detour.

Jeff: Animals don’t always do what you want them to. Flowers are a safe bet.
Britney: Look, three teams already finished.

Lil and Mitzi and Lacey and Madison were racing to the Park of the Journalist. Lil and Mitzi got there first and chose Flowers. Lacey and Madison also chose Flowers. By this time, Silas and Andre had found the Flowers area so now all four teams were working on Flowers.

Meanwhile, Holly and Rich were following their guide.

Holly: We need to go faster.
Local: It’s a long route, and you’re far from it. Just have patience, you’ll get there.
Rich: Please, just go faster!

Phil: Josh and Tommy. You are team number THREE!
Tommy: Huge move!
Josh: We are getting into this race. These teams are stiff competition, even the ones you don’t think will do well.

Back at the Flowers, Britney and Jeff were halfway done. Lil and Mitzi were falling behind and Silas and Andre had just started. But, there was a surprise at the detour.

Lacey: Oh my god, Madison, this is so the easiest detour option ever.
Madison: Duh, placing flowers on a piece of wood, what could be easier?
Lacey: I can’t believe it, you guys are so slow! Why is everyone else so slow?
Madison: Because they aren’t part of the best team ever!
Lacey: Oh, she speaks the TRUTH!
Lil: *under her breath* Somebody shut them up.

Lacey and Madison finished their task.
Madison: We are… SO GOOD!
Lacey: Pit Stop. Come on, Madi! We have teams to beat.

Britney: They’re gone. So we can finally work in peace.
Lil: Oh, you can say that again.
Jeff: Almost done, just this last part to do.
Mitzi: Lil, if you put them on like this, it can go much faster.
Lil: Hey, you’re right!

Silas: We can get this done, Andre. It’s just all about skill.
Andre: This is harder than it looks.
Silas: We can do it.

Holly: Where are we now?
Local Girl: I’m taking you around, I don’t have to, so just shut up and let me get you back on your course!
Rich: Fine. Not like we have a choice.

Britney and Jeff finished the task and were now getting a taxi to the Pit Stop. Ten minutes later, Lil and Mitzi finished the Flowers task as well.

Phil: Nick and Brady. You are team number FOUR.
Brady: All right. We’ll take it.

Phil: Lacey and Madison. You are team number FIVE.
Madison: Better than what we expected to get!

Phil: Britney and Jeff. You are team number SIX.
Jeff: *shaking his head* I don’t like it.
Britney: We’re still used to being ahead.

Phil: Lil and Mitzi. You are team number SEVEN.
Lil: We’re still here Phil!

Holly and Rich were now back on the route and their local girl was calming down as Holly and Rich quietly rode through the streets.

Local Girl: There. Right there is where it ends.
Holly: Thank you.
Festival Director: Congratulations, here is your next clue.
Rich: Take a taxi to the Park of Lights. Pit Stop... we need to hurry or we’ll be eliminated!

Silas: Okay, we’re finally done.
Person: Here is your next clue.
Andre: Silas, it’s the Pit Stop!
Silas: Come on, we can’t be last!

Rich: The Park of Lights, please.

Silas: Park of Lights. We need to go really fast, we’re in a race and we might lose.

Holly: Muy rapido, por favor, tengo prisa!
Rich: I didn’t know you spoke Spanish like that.
Holly: It’s only a few phrases. Throw in gracias, and that’s the extent of my Spanish knowledge.

Andre: Please go fast, sir. We need to get their as fast as you can!

Phil: Silas and Andre.
Silas: Yes?
Phil: You are team number NINE.
Andre: *breathes a huge sigh of relief* We’re here for another leg.
Silas: We never should’ve messed with those horses. Never.

Phil: Holly and Rich. You are the last team to arrive.
Rich: It was that detour… we thought we could do it.
Holly: It’s okay, Rich, it’s okay.
Phil: I’m…. pleased to tell you however this is a non-elimination leg and you are still in the Great Amazing Race.
Holly: WHAT?! Oh, Rich, yes!
Rich: *jumps up and down* Yes, yes, yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Phil: I can see you are excited to still be here.
Holly: Yeah! We’re just glad the race hasn’t seen the last of Holly and Rich.

FINAL STANDINGS
1. JUAN AND LORENA
2. Darlene and Becky
3. Josh and Tommy
4. Nick and Brady
5. Lacey and Madison
6. Britney and Jeff
7. Lil and Mitzi
8. Silas and Andre
9. Holly and Rich – Non-elimination

IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.