Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 2:33pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2: Paula & Natasha (Thailand) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2: Paula & Natasha (Thailand)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2: Paula & Natasha (Thailand)  (Read 20727 times)
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Paula & Natasha (Thailand)
« Reply #15 on: Nov 1st, 2007, 9:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Awwww...I just watched the "What Drives You?" video.  They seem very good at English.

I love Natasha's accent.  :cupid:
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Nov 5th, 2007, 10:34pm »

^ They are good at English because they are from Australia.
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Nov 16th, 2007, 7:10am »

Paula and Natsha are my second favorite! Love them. I bet my sister will too, which is great. It's always more fun to root for a team when someone else roots with you.  Cheesy
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Nov 18th, 2007, 4:59pm »

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/437499/thai_super_model_and_act ress_paula.html

Thai Super Model and Actress, Paula Taylor, Chosen for the Amazing Race: Asia  
Paula Taylor, Will Be Beautiful to Watch on the Amazing Race Asia Season 2

This week, the new teams were announced for the second season of the hit show, Amazing Race Asia. This version of the popular American show, The Amazing Race, has 10 teams running the race around Asia for a $100,000 prize. The team representing Thailand was profiled and, surprisingly, the very famous Thai actress and model Paula Taylor (aka Punlapa Taylor) is one of the members of the Thai duo. Her team mate is Natasha Monks, who works for a mining company, and is also her best friend. The two have known each other since they were little children.

Paula, age 24, is probably the most well-known and most popular actress in Thailand. She appears on magazine covers every month, is featured in Thai gossip magazines daily, is a VJ on Channel V, and her face and body are used to promote cell phones, clothing, make up and numerous other products. In Bangkok, you can't go to any sky train or underground train station without seeing enormous posters of Paula plastered all over the walls.

Thai men and women love her. The men love her because she's sexy and smiles all the time. Women love her because she's sweet and nice and they want to be like her. She is also very beautiful, so her involvement in the Amazing Race Asia should definitely bring in the male viewers.

Paula is what the Thais call 'luk kreung', which means half-Thai, half-Western. Her mother is Thai and her father is English. Her parents divorced when she was small and she spent much of her life in Australia with her mother. She speaks fluent English although with a very odd accent, which does make it difficult to understand what she's saying sometimes. She comes across as being relatively intelligent though and she is in great physical shape, so she and her partner could be a team to reckon with during the race. They both have charming smiles and, as the Thais know, a smile can save the day in many situations.

What's disappointing however about this new season of Amazing Race Asia, to be seen on AXN, is how the producers have chosen mostly actors, models and TV presenters as the contestants. None of these people need the money and all of them look to be a little stuck on themselves, so it could end up being a very boring show.

Thailand nonetheless will be cheering on Paula and Natasha as, being such a small country, it is always important for the Thai people to be perceived as putting their best people forward. Last year's British couple, Andy and Laura, who were chosen to represent Thailand in the Amazing Race Asia, were an embarrassment to the country. At least this year the producers of the show have chosen Thai girls and not Westerners who didn't even know the Thai word for 'market' after having lived in Thailand for 4 years.

Polling has already started on the Amazing Race Asia website and, so far, the two Thai beauties are number 1 as the favorite duo to win the race. Good luck to both of them. The show will begin airing on AXN on November 22nd. The race has already been run, but as the penalty for revealing which team who won is a cool $5 million US, I doubt any of the teams will be spilling the beans before the end of the race is unveiled on the show.
IP Logged
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 20th, 2007, 10:51am »

^ uhm, wow. lol
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Nov 21st, 2007, 4:11pm »

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/forum/76970/topic/83679/

BIOGRAPHY  

Name: Paula Punlapa Taylor  
Nationality: Thai / English (Mom is Thai, Father is English)  
Birth Place: Bangkok, Thailand  
Birth Date: January 20, 1983  
Height: 169cm  
Weight: 45kg  
Favourite Actress: Natalie Portman  
Career: model / actress  
FHM magazine named Paula Taylor sexiest star of 2003 & 2004 where she ranked #4

Paula Taylor (Thai: พอลล่า เทเลอร์, born as Punlapa Taylor on January 20, 1983, in Bangkok, Thailand) is an English-Thai actress, model and presenter. Born in Thailand, at a young age, Paula moved to Australia with her mother after the divorce of her parents. Paula grew up in Perth, Western Australia and Brisbane, Queensland. While visiting family in Thailand, she was asked if she would be interested in doing some modeling. She started her career in several commercials and small Thai movies before becoming a regular VJ for Channel V Thailand. Discovered by television producer Tanawat Wansom, she quickly rose to fame and became a sought-after television hostess and presenter. In 2006, she co-starred in the Thai romance comedy film, The Memory. Paula also participated in The Amazing Race Asia 2.
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 24th, 2007, 7:06am »

Can't they ever stop smiling? I enjoyed watching them race and it's refreshing to see a team not stressed out, and smiling throughout the race like there's nothing going on.

Can't help but want to root for them.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Nov 25th, 2007, 2:52pm »

:lovestruck:

Paula and Natasha all the way.
IP Logged

MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Nov 29th, 2007, 11:06pm »

Oh yeah. I'm a big Paula and Natasha fan!  Cheesy GO GIRLS!  Grin
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Ruth
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

TAR 14 Pre-show Favourites!

View Profile Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 30th, 2007, 11:42am »

I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!! They're just so cute and I love it that they're enjoying the whole experience. I was rather surprised that they finished the Heel Detour so quickly though! Lol. I hope they go far, far into the race! Oh, and Paula really resembles one of my teachers lol.
IP Logged

Survivor Tocantins: Carolina` Brendan` Erinn` JT` Sierra`
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #25 on: Dec 7th, 2007, 12:43pm »

Hell, how did they turned up 5mins after Marc and Rovilson in Leg 2, they could have WON the leg!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #26 on: Dec 7th, 2007, 8:10pm »

^^ The shoe task was easy for Paula. She used to collect shoes. It's a natural skill to organize, hehe.
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #27 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 5:26pm »

http://www.thailand4.com/news/2007-11-16/0753-singha-takes-the-lead-join ing-in-the/

Singha Takes the Lead Joining in the great competition, The Amazing Race Asia 2, Inviting Thais to Cheer on the Thai Team of Paula Taylor and Natasha Monks.
Friday, 16 November 2007 14:53

Singha Takes the Lead Joining in the great competition, The Amazing Race Asia 2, Inviting Thais to Cheer on the Thai Team of Paula Taylor and Natasha Monks.

Paula and Natasha sponsored by Singha, to hammer ahead as they join with 10 international teams from the region

Singha, Thailand’s famed lager beer, is sponsoring, Paula Taylor and Natasha Monks as they join Asia’s most exciting and adventurous reality show, the Amazing Race Asia 2.  The second season of this competition will take place across renowned destinations throughout Asia and beyond. Paula Taylor and Natasha Monks are representing Thailand as 10 international teams from around the region compete in the highly popular competitption.  The Amazing Race Asia 2 starts on November 22, 9 pm on AXN, True Visions.

“We look at this as an excellent opportunity to further our goal of supporting sport-related activities for Thais. Singha has been actively involved in an array of sporting activities, and as the leading Thai beer, we also believe in supporting fun – and the Amazing race Asia 2 is fun!”, said Mr. Soravij Bhirom Bhakdi, Deputy Managing Director of Boonrawd Trading International Co., Ltd. “Our decision to sponsor Paula and Natasha, as the Thai team on the Amazing Race Asia was easy, having been the fan of the show”.

The Amazing Race Asia is recognized as Asia’s highest-rate adventure reality show, with teams from Malaysia, Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, and others competing for a grand prize of US$100,000. This year’s Thai team on the show is popular star Paula Taylor, and her best friend Natasha Monks, both of whom are athletes and adventurers.

“I watched the show last year, and really liked it, so once I heard that they were recruiting people for Race’s second season I was so excited, so Natasha and I decided to make an audition tape, sent it in and now we’re here,” cheerfully explained Thai actress Paula.

Each year, through rounds of discussions and meetings, Singha carefully selects sports, events, teams, competitions, games, and programs, sponsoring those that offer human improvement and development which serves Singha’s vision.  For The Amazing Race Asia 2, and the Thai team of Paula and Natasha, Singha is inviting everyone to cheer on our very own team as The Amazing Race Asia 2 gets ready for super exciting kick off.
About Singha

Boonrawd Brewery, the first brewery in Thailand, was established in 1933. Singha Beer went International for the first time in the 1970s. With increasing demand from around the world; Boonrawd Trading International Co., Ltd was established in 2000 to oversee the global market. Singha Beer is now available in over 40 countries worldwide.

Further information for media please contact:
Tom Van Blarcom / Suparat Photivichit
IP Logged
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: Dec 10th, 2007, 8:25pm »

These two are my new favorite team.  Their happiness is almost magnetic.  Cheesy
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #29 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 11:31am »

http://www.myspace.com/natashaelsie

Natasha's MySpace
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.