Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 12:34am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « The Long Con (February 8) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   The Long Con (February 8)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Long Con (February 8)  (Read 1681 times)
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

Re: The Long Con (February 8)
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10th, 2006, 6:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wow, I usually recognize that particular actress, but I sooo didn't in the first two episodes she was in,  

Edited to add:
I just checked the screen caps and there's no doubt that its her, i can't believe I missed that!!  Doh!!

« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2006, 8:29am by AoM » IP Logged
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #31 on: Feb 10th, 2006, 8:30am »

these are Kristin from E!'s notes on the episode, so VERY interesting stuff!!

Quote:
We must discuss last night's episode.  

I loved it. Like, loved it, loved it. Like, I want to have babies with it.  

I could also have one with the "new sheriff in town."

BRILLIANT! Sawyer's bad again and I love it.

Kay, enough gushing.  

Here's what you gotta know (if you don't already):

Hurley is seen reading a manuscript on the beach, that he found in the luggage. The name of the book is "Bad Twin"
by a writer named Gary Troup. This is the one that ABC concocted just for the show and will be selling. BUT, do you know what you get when you rearrange the letters of "Gary Troup?"  

PURGATORY!

Kudos to my friend Margo for figuring that one out.

The waitress in Sawyer's flashback was Kate's mom! The actress' name is Beth Broderick. (She also played Aunt Zelda on Sabrina The Teenage Witch.)

The guy who Sawyer conned at the gas station COULD BE the guy Ana Lucia shot -- there are similarities, but so far no confimation. (Anyone have both eps to compare?)

The photo posted on lost-media.com was WRONG and did not show Charlie as Sun's abductor. http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage& amp;album=906&pos=3 Which leads me to ask: Were we intentionally misled? Was Dom not available to shoot that scene?

The book Locke was holding was called "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge." This is the description from wikipedia: It is the story of a man who is sentenced to death by hanging at the Owl Creek Bridge of the title.  

When he is hanged the rope breaks and the main character falls into the water, from which he begins a journey back to his home. During his journey, he starts to feel some strange physiological events that ultimately end with a searing pain in his neck. It turns out that the man never escaped; he imagined the entire thing during the time between being pushed off the bridge and the noose finally breaking his neck."  

The book was adapted into three different movies, as well as an episode of the Twilight Zone in 1964.  

And that wasn't the only Twilight Zone reference ... in an episode a man in a nursing home picks of radio waves from another time and the first song he hears is MOONLIGHT SERENADE.

« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2006, 8:30am by AoM » IP Logged
Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #32 on: Feb 10th, 2006, 5:38pm »

if it was the guy that anna lucia :rifle: then how was he there, wouldnt he be dead
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #33 on: Feb 10th, 2006, 6:47pm »

IF it was the guy Ana Lucia shot, Sawyer could have conned him before Ana shot him.. but I don't think it was... I have both eps, I can go check and see if it was the same guy... but to me those guys Sawyer conned were too "preppie" looking.  That guy who shot Ana Lucia, and she eventually killed, wasn't that "preppie" looking...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Im_Lost
ForumsNet Member
USA 

trapsteryadig
View Profile

« Reply #34 on: Feb 11th, 2006, 6:18pm »

tru tru
IP Logged
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #35 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 7:08am »

Quote:
The photo posted on lost-media.com was WRONG and did not show Charlie as Sun's abductor. http://lost-media.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage& amp; amp;album=906&pos=3 Which leads me to ask: Were we intentionally misled? Was Dom not available to shoot that scene?

ANy comments on this?  This is obviously not Dom, so what happened?  I  mean if dom couldn't shoot the scene, they wouldn't need to show the abductor at all, lets alone a dark haired guy that looks NOTHING like Charlie.  So I wonder if Charlie got someone else to do it, just in case Sun saw something, someone like an Other...
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #36 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 9:37am »

I can't get the link above to work... but I have watched this show frame by frame in HD, and I can't find anywhere where you can even see the person who abducts Sun.  I did try to check the hands for tape, to see if you can see the hands... the only reason I can see for having someone else do it is, you can't see the face anyway, so what difference would it make if they had a stand in film the scene?  I think people are making way too much of it not "being Dom."  The producers had stated a week or so ago that Charlie was about to get "dark"...  

From the way the scene looks, he put the hood over her head.. dragged her far enough way to scare her... and then took off... by the time she got the hood off and started running back, looking to see who it was probably wasn't even something she considered.  
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #37 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 10:42am »

My guess is the still came from the commercials shown during the week prior.  They easily could have used a stand-in for the actual scene for several reasons, including wanting to keep that it was Charlie a secret, knowing full well that people do still frames and screen caps like this.  Another reason to use a stand-in?  Sun isn't tiny, and Charlie isn't big.   To drag her like they wanted to, he may not have been able to phsyically do.  Another good reason?  A trainted stunt-man would know how to drag her properly without hurting her.  I think people are making too big of a deal out of the photo as well.  There are many logical reasons for it not to have been Charlie in the photo.  If Charlie was friends with the Others, he wouldn't be feeling so isolated and bitter at everyone.
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2006, 10:43am by Rhune » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #38 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 12:44pm »

If it's the picture I"m thinking about, it came from the promotional shots released by ABC, which have already proved many times not to be actual shots from the episodes, but just posed shots to promote the eps.  In the past there have been pics of Dom wearing sunglasses around the set, and then in the episode he didn't have them on in that scene.. and there was scene on the beach of Jack and Kate where you can see their iPods laying on the rocks beside them.. LOL... the shot was from the neck up in the episode, so you can't see what might have been on the rocks... if they were even still there.

I can tell you for a fact, though, that no where did it show the face of the person dragging her in the episode... because I stopped that bit and watched frame by frame watching for the least bit of a glimpse or the tape on his fingers...
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2006, 12:46pm by yesteach » IP Logged

Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #39 on: Feb 14th, 2006, 3:04pm »

Sawyer has got be my favorite character to watch from his backstory to his island shenanigans to his nicknames he gives people.

You gotta watch out for those cons where a women comes in and the deal looks too good to be true.

For example: when I was in Barcelona, Spain, we had met up with these 2 other backpackers on a train, and spent some time with them.  There was this guy on the street and a big crowd standing around and people were placing bets on guessing where the cube was.  You know, where you put 3 cups over an object and they switch them around and try to guess which cup the object is under.  Well, a women came in which we suspect was working with the guy and she won big money.  So our friend bet $50 euro intially, and then the guy was you have to bet more, more and the women is like "yeah that's the way you play it" and eventually he lost out $100 euro.  It was a total scam.  Oh yeah, and after he lost the money, the guy just scattered.
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.