Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 6:37pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Lockdown (March 29) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Lockdown (March 29)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lockdown (March 29)  (Read 1422 times)
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Lockdown (March 29)
« Reply #15 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 12:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I rewatched this again last night on iTunes download and the speaker, when Locke first hears it while riding the bike, says "20 minutes to lockdown" or at least it sounds like "20."  I still think the lockdown was associated with the food drop.  As for being locked out of the computer/clock room - maybe that's why the warning.. he was supposed to go to the computer and stay until the lockdown was over, so he could reset the clock...

Other question.. where did that food drop come from?  If it had been a plane, wouldn't someone have noticed that??  Maybe that's what the balloon was for... tho I think I would notice a balloon too...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #16 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 7:16pm »

Why does the doors have to come down during this lockdown in one room though?

And why didn't Lock just climb up into the vent to get to the computer instead of trying to pry up the blast door with Henry?

Food drop probably came from a plane, that is, power had to shut off temporarily or it would have been shot down or someting if the defense system of the island was in place.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #17 on: Apr 1st, 2006, 10:26pm »

Well, we don't know that the doors only came down in one room... we only see the one room.  As for the door vs. the vent, I don't think in the beginning the idea was to get to the computer, the idea was to get out of the room - escape from the lockdown.  

I still don't see how a plane could fly over and drop off food and no one else notice or hear it...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 10:21am »

I have no idea why the doors come down but there were originally teams of people so one probably went to the computer and the other stayed in the living quarters. That's how and when the drawing was done. I think that the blacklights are some form of emergency backup lights also, maybe the doors are on main power and when everything shuts off they automatically go to the down position .....  just my rambling thoughts
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
Rhune
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

29289456 29289456   rhune_1971   Rhune1971
View Profile Email

« Reply #19 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 12:16pm »

I have to assume the blast doors block out every room in there, not just the one.  As far as the food drop, you also have to assume they are dropping food at more than one hatch - possibly all 6.  So, not only do they have to fly over and drop the food, they have to circle the island and make multiple drops...
IP Logged
Xochitl
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 7:49pm »

It's a bit puzzling. The food is for the swan hatch, but Desmond said he never went out because of some disease up there and quarantine, then how one supposed to get the food?
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: Apr 16th, 2006, 9:03pm »

he never saidhe didnt go out...he took the vaccines, just like they gave claire for the baby.  remenber, he told kate where the other door was and to turn it hard because it sticks...
IP Logged

Xochitl
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #22 on: Apr 19th, 2006, 1:29am »

oh,i see. guess i didn't pay too much attention into it.

IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: Apr 19th, 2006, 3:53pm »

There was still lots of food stored in the pantry, and they just did another drop with a whole lot more food.  What's all the food for?  It could feed an army, all that..
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.