Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 8:24am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Goodwin »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Goodwin
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Goodwin  (Read 539 times)
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

Goodwin
« on: Nov 17th, 2005, 5:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As I rewatch last nights episode, something strikes me

Goodwin said he was in the peace corps.  Was that a lie?  But then the knife the others had was army

Are we getting hints of a miltary presence on the island?
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

Re: Goodwin
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 8:35am »

I thought about that also, and the comments from Lenny in the psych ward about them hearing the numbers when they were in the Navy and were posted in the S. Pacific... lots of military tie in...
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Insane 4 Survivor
ForumsNet Member
USA 

My New Home

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 9:29am »

I'm beginning to think that the island was used for military experiments and that the experiments and people were abandonded. As "new blood" is introduced to the island the experiment somehow continues unchecked. Just a thought.
IP Logged

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
Frank Sinatra
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 9:52am »

But then this might be a somewhat recent experiment.  Goodwin isnt that old.  (mid thirties maybe)  unless they on that weird aging thing from Dharma

But that Army knife looked shiny and new...so the government must still be supplying things.

I am starting to agree with those that think there is more than one group of others.  More along the lines or 2-3 groups (not including our fronties and tailies)
IP Logged
Deekeryu
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 8:06pm »

Ana Loo-cee-ah  said that the army didn't make those knives anymore, 20 years old.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 9:26am »

First of all I just felt really old when it said "Doesn't make any more" and 'twenty years old" and my thought was the WWII connection, then realized 20 years was 1985.... THAT'S NOT OLD!!!... LOL  I'm suddenly in agreement with Goodwin with the "people your age' comment... LOL.

However, back on topic, now that my "old" brain has realized that it would have just be the   1980's - I couldn't see the person they took the knife off of, but the guy that was laying there earilier, I think the one Eko killed, looked to be about the same age as Goodwin - perhaps they were military when they were dropped off.  IF that knife was one of the few ways you had of protecting yourself, you'd take very good care of it... cleaning it, etc.  That could account for it's "shiny, new" state...  

IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
AoM
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Biomajorbeth
View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 6:36pm »

How old did Goodwin Look to everyone else?  To me he looked in his mid-thirties.  Which i guess could MAYBE have had him military 20 years ago.  

So has he been here since his training days? Or his he a "new" islander?

This is getting really confusing because i think there's about 5 different sets of others.

The psychiatrist people from the hatch movie
The others with Goodwin and Ethan
The others who whisper
Others from the Black Rock
The others who originally sent out the number signal from the island who could fall into any of the above categories.

AHHH *so confused*
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 8:52pm »

on Nov 20th, 2005, 6:36pm, AoM wrote:
How old did Goodwin Look to everyone else?  To me he looked in his mid-thirties.  Which i guess could MAYBE have had him military 20 years ago.  

Brett Cullen, the guy who plays Goodwin, is 49 - so he could have easily been in the military 20 years ago...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.