Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:47am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Why I am giving up on LOST »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Other Television Shows
   Lost
(Moderators: yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Why I am giving up on LOST
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Why I am giving up on LOST  (Read 1641 times)
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Why I am giving up on LOST
« on: Feb 16th, 2010, 7:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have long and honestly tried to give this show the benefit of the doubt.  I LOVE the characters, especially Locke and Sawyer and Hurley.  But, (and I've done this before), I'm finally throwing in the towel.  It really bugs the heck outta me because I relate it to a highly-rated book and one that comes thoroughly recommended.  And you find yourself in the middle or towards the end and you want to give up and put it down.  I hate not to finish something I started.  

But the sad truth is, I can't understand this show.  I work really hard every day and when I come home, I want something soothing that doesn't challenge me.  I don't WANT to have to think and figure it out. This show is like a puzzle.  So you all have at it and maybe when it's over, someone can explain it to me.  

I'm switching to the Olympics!
IP Logged
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

Re: Why I am giving up on LOST
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16th, 2010, 11:48pm »

You gave it more of a shot than I did.  I watched the first episode and figured out that the title "LOST" wasn't limited to just the survivors on the island but also everyone who ever watched an episode of it.  

I think I'll wait for the movie.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2010, 6:55pm »

I agree that it is like a puzzle, I think that's what keeps me fascinated.. I LOVE puzzles, and that hour of LOST every week (and the days I spend online after discussing theories and "what ifs" are the best puzzle in ages.  I've done the ARG's every summer they've had one.  I REALLY wanted to do the LOST University, but my Blu-ray doesn't have "Live" on it to connect to the internet to "play".. so I missed out on that one..  

I've read most of the books they've "introduced" through Sawyer and other characters (well, except for Stephen Hawking one, figured it would just go over my head.. LOL).  I know more about Egyptian mythology now than I ever wanted to know and can name more philosophers than I knew existed before LOST.

I'm going to miss it so much.. Sad
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Isle_be_back
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 2:21am »

Perhaps "The Fringe" will fill it's place. (I've only watched one or two episodes of that show as well and it appeared to be similar.)
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Feb 18th, 2010, 10:24pm »

LOL... yea, I"m addicted to that one too... I :heart: Walter.  It will definitely be my LOST replacement, but it's not nearly as involved as LOST is... at least not yet... Smiley
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.