Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:05pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TAR Trivia Champion 2---(Game Starts Today) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   TAR Trivia Champion 2---(Game Starts Today)
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TAR Trivia Champion 2---(Game Starts Today)  (Read 6660 times)
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

Re: TAR Trivia Champion 2---(Game Starts Today)
« Reply #240 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 6:38am »

There are 91 legs in total. :faint:

When is the deadline?  Sad

This is gonna be so tough.  Embarassed
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Bianco
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Love 'em

126284903 126284903    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #241 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 7:20am »

How long is one line ? About how many words ?

This does seem tough, and I already had a hard time with those jumbled words ``
IP Logged

The Amazing Race. Simply the best.
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #242 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 4:24pm »

I will need you to give it to me, done or undone tomorrow, August 8, 5 am, Let's see how many legs have you done.
IP Logged

Please give my blog, daily clicks!
http://inghinyero.blogspot.com
And my reality show overload blog:
http://inghinyero-reality.blogspot.com
Bianco
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Love 'em

126284903 126284903    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #243 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 11:47pm »

Which time zone are you using there, sk698?
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #244 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 1:56am »

I will send mine in by the end of today. (I hope!)
IP Logged

CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #245 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 5:56am »

Board time!
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #246 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 6:34am »

I will send in mine in 7 different PMs.
IP Logged

CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #247 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 6:40am »

No guys! Do not pm me! You should put it here in this thread! Haha...
IP Logged

CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #248 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 4:51pm »

GUYS, Buzz! I need your posts now. If I do not get it now, then, your scores for the First Part will occur in your Final Rankings!
IP Logged

Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #249 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 1:27am »

If you post first, your opponent will get to see it.
IP Logged

Bianco
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Love 'em

126284903 126284903    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #250 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 1:57am »

I only did TAR5, because I didn't have enough time finishing the others .... so I'll post first.

TAR5 Leg 1 “Clearly I’m More Intelligent Than You”In this premiere of season 5, teams started off at the Santa Monica Pier, and raced to Uruguay. Teams have to spot a statue called “The Hand”. After spending a night at Gorriti Island where they searched for three different types of ferry tickets, teams traveled to Maldonado the next morning where they have to carry a side of heavy beef to a local butcher. The Yield was introduced for the first time. Teams than have to travel to a blue and white hotel, where the Detour was revealed. The choices were Zips or Chips. In Zips, teams have to climb up to the roof of the hotel, and pull themselves on a zip line to the other side, than ride down another zip line to their clue. In Chips, teams have to play a game of Rulet and if they win they can receive their clue. The pit stop locates at the Casa Pueblo in Punta Ballena, where Chip and Kim and Kami and Karli were sent to get their forgotten clue. Alison and Donny finished first, followed by Marshall and Lance, Linda and Karen, Bob and Joyce, Charla and Mirna, Brandon and Nicole, Colin and Christie, Chip and Kim, Kami and Karli, and Jim and Marsha. The last team to arrive was Dennis and Erika, who played nice by giving a taxi away. They were eliminated from TAR5.

TAR5 Leg 2 “It Turned Really Ugly Just Now”
Teams drove themselves to Montevideo where they have to find clues hidden inside Globes in a Shake Mega Disco. Receiving their clue, teams have to drive themselves to a ferry port and catch a ferry to Buenos Aires. Once there, teams have to locate the grave of Evita Peron in Cemetery Recoleta. The Detour was Perro or Tango. In Perro, teams have to lead a bunch of dogs while using a map to navigate themselves to three checkpoints before getting their clue. In Tango, teams have to go inside a disco and match a photo with a man whose face is on the photo. The next clue tells teams to travel either by bus or taxi to La Enstincia La Invernada. Chip and Kim battled with Kami and Karli over a taxi cab as they were falling behind at that time. The Roadblock had one team member to chase a bunch of cows to claim a vandana on the cow’s neck. The pit stop at La Portena needs teams to travel to on horse-drawn carriages. Brandon and Nicole claimed first place, followed by Charla and Mirna, Jim and Marsha, Linda and Karen, Bob and Joyce, Colin and Christe, Marshall and Lance, Chip and Kim, and Kami and Karli. Alison and Donny made an error by taking a bus and became the second team to eliminated from TAR5.  

TAR5 Leg 3 “I Got Electrocuted!”
Teams received a clue telling them to fly to Bariloche and find the town mayor there. Jim and Marsha booked the wrong tickets and were too late before they can changed it. They fall behind. Once there, teams were to find a chocolate factory where the Roadblock involved one team member to chew 11000 chocolates to find one with a white center. Marshall had a very hard time there and saw many teams bypassing him. After receiving their next clue, teams drove to the Villa Catedral where there was a Detour, “Smooth Sailing or Rough Riding”. In Smooth Sailing, teams must paraglide down the mountain with an instructor. In Rough Riding, teams must ride bikes down the same hill. The pit stop locates on an unknown island at Bahia Lopez. Colin and Christie, having arrived at Bariloche first, checked in at first place, followed by Charla and Mirna, Brandon and Nicole, Bob and Joyce, Kami and Karli (who swam to the pit stop while others walked), Linda and Karen, Chip and Kim, and Marshall and Lance. Jim and Marsha couldn’t recover themselves through their air tickets mistake and were the third team eliminated from TAR5.

TAR5 Leg 4 “Who Says Pageant Girls Don’t Eat?”Teams received their clue telling them to travel 20 hours by bus to Buenos Aires and then fly to St. Petersburg in Russia. At the bus station, some teams argued over cutting lines. Colin and Christie found themselves in a four-team alliance with three other teams but they still managed to be the first team to arrive at Russia. At Russia, teams found their clue at the Battleship Aurora, where the Detour was “Block 5 Shots or Drink 1 Shot”. In Block 5 Shots, teams travel to CKA Hockey Rink and block 5 ice hockey shots. In Drink 1 Shot, teams travel to Anichkov Palace where they have to balance a cup of vodka on a blade and drink it. After receiving their next clue at the Bronze Horseman, teams traveled to Pushkin and found the Old Tower Resturant. There, teams endured one of the hardest Roadblock ever. Eating 2 pounds of Cavier. As Christie and Nicole from the lead two teams stalled, Chip from Chip and Kim ruled the roadblock, sending them first to check in at the pit stop at Catherine’s Palace. In the end, Nicole finished her cavier in 5th place, while Bob and Joyce fell behind at the airport and became the fourth team eliminated from TAR5.

TAR5 Leg 5 “Are you good at Puzzles?”
Teams received their next clue which tells them to travel by train to St. Petersburg and find the Hermitage Museum. Once there they have to find a painting called the “Return of the Prodigal Son”. Their next clue tells them to fly to Cairo, Egypt where they have to get to the top of the Tower of Cairo. Colin and Christie found themselves in a 12 hour lead after managing to get on a very good flight. They arrived first, discovered the Fast Forward, which tells them to carry an Egyptian sacaphrogus to deliver to the priest. They arrive at the pit stop located at the Sphinx, 7 hours ahead of the other teams. As the other teams arrive, with Charla and Mirna leading the rest pack, teams have to travel the Giza Pleatau where they found a Roadblock at the Osiris Shaft, which has one member to climb down the shart and find a satchel. Teams have to solve a puzzle to find their Detour, “Rock and Roll, Hump and Ride.” Hump and Ride involves the team to ride horses and deliver camels. Rock and Roll involves teams to use an old Egyptian device to transport large rocks. Linda and Karen fell behind at the desert, but were saved by the first non-elimination round of the race. However, they were stripped off all their money.

TAR5 Leg 6 “Why Can’t We Get A Camel?”
Teams received their next clue telling them to climb down the great pyramid where teams will find their clue. Colin and Christie found their lead cut to 40 minutes, while the next clue sends them to Luxor where teams have to find the Karnak Temple. At the airport, Colin and Christie fought over a cab with Charla and Mirna, causing great rivalry. In Luxor, teams received their Detour clue which is Herd It or Haul It. In Herd It teams travel to Banana Island where they must load ten sheep or goats on a boat and sail across the Nile. In Haul It teams travel to Pigeon House Farm where they must haul buckets of water and transport via donkey to a big jar and fill it up. The Roadblock then locates at the Habu Temple where teams must dig for a “scarab” in a marked area of sand. Colin and Christie once again finished first and checked in at the pit stop at Crocodile Island first. Linda and Brandon had trouble finding the scarab, but it was Lance who tried the hardest but without succeeding. Marshall and Lance later decided to quit The Amazing Race as they became the fifth team eliminated from TAR5.

TAR5 Leg 7 “Are You Sure This Is Safe?”
Teams received their next clue telling them to fly to Nairobi, Kenya and sign up for charter planes to an unknown destination. At the Cairo airport, Colin and Christie and Charla and Mirna formed their different rivalry camps, with Linda and Karen joining the latter camp and the rest of the teams joining the former camp. At Kilimanjaro, Tanzania, teams are told to travel by bus to Mto Wa Mbu where they found the Detour. “Buzzing” or “Busy” had teams choose whether to ride to a bee farm and produce honey or deliver furnitures using a wheel cart to some unknown houses. The Roadblock at the Kavishe Hotel had team members cook an ostrich egg and eat it all to receive their next clue. Chip once again uses his eating skills to skip ahead of every team, riding a zip line to their next pit stop at the Lake Manyara Lookout. Charla and Kami had trouble finishing the egg, but it was Charla who struggled the most. In the end, Charla and Mirna became the sixth team eliminated from TAR5.

TAR5 Leg 8 “I’m Going To Jail”
Teams received their next clue telling them to take a taxi to Kilimanjaro Airport, then take a charter to Nairobi, and then fly to Dubai in the UAE. After discovering a flat tire on his taxi, Colin refuses to pay their cabbie the pre-agreed one hundred dollar fare, which led to the driver seeking the local police for help. Colin argued with the police for a good few hours before finally giving up and paying the full fare. After finding their next clue at the heliport of the Burj Al Arab Hotel, teams traveled to the Abba Station where teams found an unknown Roadblock which had something to do with buying nuts. Receiving their Detour from a Captain on a Dhow Boat, teams found a choice to go “Off Plane” or “Off Road”, which is a choice to go sky diving or to do an off-road course through a desert. Colin and Christie once again managed to check in at the pit stop at a desert oasis first, with Kami and Karli falling behind again but saved by another non-elimination leg. They were, however, stripped of all money they have had.

TAR5 Leg 9 “If You’re Going To Whine, Just Shut Up”
Teams received their clue telling them to drive to the Wild Wadi where they will ride down one of the tallest water slide in the world to their next clue. Kami and Karli attempted to use their charm to beg for money. After receiving their next clue, Brandon and Nicole were the first to discovered that they must head to Calcutta, India and find the Sahid Minor. There, they found a Fast Forward which had teams performing a traditional Indian ritual. But what teams wouldn’t know is that it involves hair being shaved off. Brandon and Nicole had trouble at the Roadblock at Garia where they must make 20 bricks, and they decided to head for the FF. After realizing what the task would require, they refuse to do it and had to head back to the Roadblock. After the Roadblock, teams must travel by train to train station nearby where they found the Detour “Heavy But Short or Light But Long”, which had teams either push a taxi to a garage or find a flower in a big market. Colin and Christie once again pull off a lead over a close Chip and Kim and finished first at the Victoria Memorial, while Brandon and Nicole thought they were out of the race coming in last. But they weren’t, and they got saved by the third NEL, so the race continues on !

TAR5 Leg 10 “If They’re Screwing The Helmet To My Head, It Can’t Be Good”
Teams received their next clue and a happy Colin notes that they are heading to Auckland, New Zealand where they have to drive themselves to another town called Rotorua. As teams scrambled for tickets at the airport, Brandon and Nicole begs for money at the hotel. Unsurprisingly, Colin and Christie managed to get into NZ first, followed by Brandon and Nicole and Chip and Kim on the same flight, with Kami and Karli as well as Linda and Karen close behind. Colin and Christie found a Detour which had teams choose between “Clean or Dirty” which is a choice between a white water sledging and searching for clues in a mud pile. Chip and Kim got lost and they found a yield at the Museum of Arts and History in 4th place. They decided not to yield the last place Twins at the last minutes, but quickly realized that it was a decision to regret. As teams finishes their respective Detour, they found a Roadblock at the Matapara Farms, which had one team member go on “zorbing” down a steep hill and then proceed themselves to the pit stop. Colin and Christie once again manage to finish in first place, and after falling behind at the detour, Kami and Karli became the eighth team to be eliminated from TAR5.

TAR5 Leg 11 “It’s Okay. Run Them Over”
Teams received their clue telling them to drive to Auckland and find the Westhaven Marina. There, teams found a Roadblock which had one team member climbing up a losen ladder to the top of Auckland’s Harbour Bridge and then jump off the bridge. Chip and Linda had a hard time to do this as they were afraid of heights. Colin and Christie found out that they have to fly to Manila in the Philippines and find Malaguena Motors. They managed to leave Auckland before anybody. As other teams finishes the Roadblock, Colin and Christie missed their connecting flight and had to bunch up with the rest of the teams. After arriving, teams discovered the yield and decided to use it on Colin and Christie. Colin was furious. Teams have to assemble their jeepneys and receive their clue telling them to travel to Giant Duck. There, teams found a Detour of “Plow or Faul”, which they choose between plowing with an ox to find a buried clue or chase a bunch of birds into a net. Colin had a rather hilarious time with the ox. In the end, Chip and Kim manage to get first place, while Colin and Christie couldn’t recovered themselves from the yield. It was the 4th NEL of TAR5 and the game was on.

TAR5 Leg 12 “You Made Me A Millionaire”
After receiving their clue at Jose Resel monument, teams traveled to El Nido on two charters. Once there, teams have to search for three island with flags for the correct Filipino flag to receive their clue. The trailing teams Linda and Karen and Colin and Christie battled with each other the whole race, with the Bowling Moms having a small lead due to the correct flag they found before rivals. After diving under the sea for their next clue, the grueling Roadblock challenged the bowling moms against Colin and Christie, with Colin blowing past Karen on the very end. Brandon and Nicole finished first, with Chip and Kim behind. And in the end, Bowling Moms Linda and Karen couldn’t finish the Roadblock faster than their rivals and became the final team to be eliminated from TAR5.  

TAR5 Leg 13 “You Made Me A Millionaire”
Teams received their clue telling them to fly to Calgary in Alberta, Canada. Once there, although it was cut, teams had to buy some clothes and had to perform a Roadblock on teepee buildings. After climbing up to the continental divide, the final three teams received their next clue telling them to get to the Olympic Caldron in Calgary. The Detour had teams choose between “Slide or Ride”. In Slide teams bobsled down a track with a time under 34 seconds. In Ride, teams ride bikes through a course with a time under 4 minutes. Nicole had a tough time riding the bikes and had a break down. Colin and Christie finished all the tasks first and received their clue telling them to fly to Dallas, Texas and find the Fort Worth Stockyard. Chip and Kim, who fell behind, realized that the flight that the other teams booked got delayed because of a heavy fog. The other two teams didn’t realize that, and Chip and Kim managed to book a next set of flights which wouldn’t be affected by delay. In the end, Chip and Kim arrived in Dallas 10 minutes ahead of their rivals, with the other two teams blocked from boarding a faster flight because of luggage problems. Chip and Kim finished their final maze task and crossed the finish line in first place, winning TAR5. Colin and Christie had a fast driver, but hampered by a flat tire and finished in second place. Brandon and Nicole finished third.  

This season was so great!

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2005, 1:59am by Bianco » IP Logged

CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #251 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 5:25am »

I think because of that, Genius you need to send me your answer~!
IP Logged

LJB
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Rooting for Ray and Yolanda of TAR9!

View Profile

« Reply #252 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:20am »

wow. thank you for evicting me genius! lol. good luck to the both of you. this challenge is tough!
IP Logged
CallMeRob
You Bet Your ASS Team
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

kopee_bui@yahoo.com  
View Profile

« Reply #253 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 5:07am »

Genius, where are yours. I am giving you an extra one day to do it. And that's final. If you do not do it then we'll be adding the final scores.
IP Logged

Bianco
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

Love 'em

126284903 126284903    
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #254 on: Aug 10th, 2005, 5:14am »

How much score did I lost for just completing season 5`?
IP Logged

Pages: all 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.