Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 16th, 2024, 8:57am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Re: All star TAR with fourteen teams!!!!!!!!!!!!! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Re: All star TAR with fourteen teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: All star TAR with fourteen teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1723 times)
eztoopido
ForumsNet Member
Peru 

i miss u too babe!

View Profile Email

« on: Jul 19th, 2005, 4:44pm »

Leg One, part one
FROM NEW YORK TO VALENCIA

Just outside the city that never sleeps, lifeguard transport vehicles carried 14 Teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship, to Liberty Island.
These fourteen teams were given a second chance to have the experience of a lifetime once again; the teams are Nancy and Emily, the only mother-daughter team to ever make it to the final 5:
   Emily: “This time we’re ready to rumble. We’ve learnt from our mistakes and we’re sure we have what it takes to win this thing.”
Paul and Amie from season 1:
   Amie: “We’re so grateful we have the chance to be on the amazing race once again. This time we’ll show what we’re made of.”
From season 2, Blake and Paige, siblings, and Mary and Peach, the first female team to come in first without using the fast forward:
   Blake: “Last time we came in third. This time we’re coming in first.”
   Peach: “I know I’m not as strong as my sister Mary but that does not mean I’m not giving my all.”
From season 3, Jon Vito n Jill, and Aaron and Arianne:
   Aaron: “Make sure all the other teams cover their asses, ‘cause we’re going to kick some butt.”
Millie and Chuck, devoted Christians from season 4:
   Chuck: “We’re gonna sleep more this time, aren’t we honey?”
Jon and Al, the beloved clowns:
   Jon: “People have been great to us since we appeared on the race. We won’t let them down.”
From season 5, Linda and Karen, and Charla and Mirna, two of the “underdog teams” that made it to the final 6 and final 4 respectively:
   Charla: “I’m ready to prove what I’m worth.”
Lena and Kristy from season 6:
   Kristy: “We didn’t give up last time, neither are we this time.”
Kris and Jon from season 6 too:
   Jon: “Kris and I are going to win this time. Be sure of that.”
And from season 7, Brian and Greg, brothers, and Debbie and Bianca:
   Brian and Greg: “We’re beating all the competition from now on.”

Host Phil Keoghan met the Teams just in front of the Statue of Liberty, where he informed them there would be fifteen legs on this race, with three being non-elimination points. Wishing the Teams good luck and adding, "The world is waiting for you, again" Phil signaled the start of the race around the world for one million dollars.

As teams ran towards their backpacks, Charla and Mirna fell behind. The first team to make it to the envelope was Debbie and Bianca:
   Bianca: “Make your way to Museo Del Prado in Madrid, Spain.”
   Debbie: “We’re going to Spain, honey!”
Just behind Millie and Chuck:
   Millie: “You’ve got 200 dollars for this leg of the race.”
   Kristy: “Take the ferry and once in New York city drive yourselves to JFK airport.”
   Greg: “There are three flights to Madrid, one leaving at 11:00 a.m., the second leaving at 11:30 a.m., and the last one at 12:30 p.m.”
   Brian: “Well, we know which flight we’re not taking, bro.”

What teams don’t know is that the flight that leaves at 12:30 p.m. is a direct flight and arrives to Madrid half an hour before the 11 a.m. flight.

Millie and Chuck, Linda and Karen, Nancy and Emily, and Debbie and Bianca made it first to the airport. Nancy and Emily and Linda and Karen decided to team up and were the first in the direct flight.
Millie and Chuck discovered that the 12:30 was a direct flight and went straight to book it. Debbie and Bianca went for the 11 a.m. flight.
The fastest flight had store for five teams; the last spots were taken by Kris and Jon, and Aaron and Arianne.
The 11 a.m. flight which had store for 6 teams would carry Brian and Greg, Lena and Kristy Debbie and Bianca, Jon and Al, Jon Vito and Jill and Mary and Peach.
The last flight would carry Blake and Paige, Paul and Amie, and Charla and Mirna.
   Amie: “I’m afraid one of these three teams is going to be eliminated. It could be us.”

The top 5 teams arrived in Madrid and directed themselves in taxis to Museo Del Prado, built in 1785, one of the most famous museums in the world. Once there, teams had to find El Tesoro del Delfin, but first they had to figure out what El Tesoro del Delfin was.
Linda and Karen were the first team to grab a taxi.
   Linda: “OK. To El Museo del Prado, señor, rapido, rapido”
   Karen: “A nice lady told us that El Tesoro del Delfin is a collection of decorative arts. And she instructed us exactly were to go.”
However, Millie and Chuck made it to the museum first.
   Chuck: “Excuse me sir, where is el Tesoro del Delfin?”
   Man: “I’ll take you there.”
   Millie: “Thank you very much sir.”
Millie and Chuck ripped open their clue and learnt they had to drive themselves 50 km. to Chinchon, a picturesque and beautiful medieval town just outside the city of Madrid. Once there they had to find Plaza Mayor, a large square which is closed on Saturdays in summer to hold bull fight, where they would receive their next clue.
   Chuck: “OK baby, I see the cars.”
Linda and Karen found the clue right after, followed by Nancy and Emily.
   Nancy: “We’ll follow you to the town, OK?”
   Karen: “OK!”
At last, Kris and Jon and Aaron and Arianne found the clue and directed to Chinchon.

Just as the top teams directed to Chinchon, the 11 a.m. flight arrived in Madrid.
Brian and Greg found a cab as soon as they left the airport, followed by Mary and Peach.
   Brian: “Have you seen the sisters, dude? That Peach is hot!”
The last team to be out of the airport was Debbie and Bianca.
   Bianca: “We’re last now.”
   Debbie: “The last flight must be landing as we speak.”

Debbie was right. Blake and Paige, Paul and Amie and Charla and Mirna arrived in Madrid just as Debbie and Bianca were taking the cab.

Mary and Peach got to the museum just before Jon Vito and Jill and Jon and Al. The other three teams were still on their way.
   Peach: “We’re in Spain! Can you believe that?”
On their way to the town:    
   Jill: “We’re going to Chinchon right now; I hope we’ve some good lead.”

Millie and Chuck, the moms, and Nancy and Emily got lost on their way to Chinchon. This allowed Kris and Jon, and Aaron and Arianne to arrive first to the town.
Kris and Jon found Plaza Mayor. The next clue instructed them to go by foot to el Parador de Chinchon, once there one member of the each team must drink one shot of Picon, a traditional Basque drink. What teams don’t know is that there’ll be fourteen beverage glasses and on the bottom of each one there’s a number that will determine in which bus the team will departure the following morning to an unknown destination. Once they got the number they would be informed of that matter.

Kris volunteered for the task, and got number 2.
   Kris: “That picon was really good. You should drink one some day, honey.”
   Jon: “I will.”
Next was Aaron who got number 1.
Linda, Emily and Chuck drank the shot for their teams and got number 1, 2 and 1 respectively.

On the way to Chinchon, Lena and Kristy and Debbie and Bianca decided to form an alliance with brothers Brian and Greg. But the alliance got in trouble very soon after all three teams couldn’t find the right way to the town. Fortunately for them, a police officer instructed them where to go.

Eventually all teams made it to El Parador, where they would spend the night.
The first bus would carry 3 teams: Millie and Chuck, Linda and Karen and Aaron and Arianne.
The second one would carry 6 teams: Kris and Jon, Nancy and Emily, Brian and Greg, Jon Vito and Jill, Lena and Kristy and Mary and Peach.
And the last bus would carry: Charla and Mirna, Jon and Al, Debbie and Bianca, Paul and Amie and Blake and Paige.
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:19pm by eztoopido » IP Logged

that's hot......
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

« Reply #1 on: Jul 19th, 2005, 5:54pm »

Cool

guess who i'm cheering for guys.
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2005, 9:22pm »

Quote:
Brian: “Have you seen the sisters, dude? That Peach is hot!”

Lips Sealed

Rooting for Kris/Jon and Aaron/Arrianne!  Cool

modify: Charla and Mirna and Millie and Chuck too!  Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2005, 9:46pm by Genius » IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Christoefur325
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Marie & Jonathan!!!

Christoefur325
View Profile Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19th, 2005, 9:36pm »

Rooting For Charla And Mirna, Aaron And Arianne And Kris And Jon!
IP Logged
username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 2:48am »

That is off to an interesting start.  Can't wait to read more.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
Deidara
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

*Art. is a BLAST!*

vergil_yamato_16   amante_no_miko@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 2:49am »

john vito and jill SOLID!

it's in replacement of the twins who nearly made it (derek/drew)
IP Logged

jvjkj
ForumsNet Member

^Thanks Jake!^

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 11:06am »

can you guys guess who I'm voting for?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Survivor: All faves except Yau and Ami, Mary!
eztoopido
ForumsNet Member
Peru 

i miss u too babe!

View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:55pm »

Leg One, part two
FROM NEW YORK TO VALENCIA  

The first bus departed at 8 a.m.  
   Linda: “I’d love to know where we’re going.”
   Arianne: “This is awesome! I wonder what’s gonna happen next.”
   Aaron: “As long as we’re one of the lead teams, I don’t care where we’re going.”

The three lead teams were transported to the city of Valencia. Once there, they would find their next clue.
As soon as they got to the city Linda and Karen got out of the bus and grabbed the clue first:
   Linda: “Welcome to Valencia. Attached to this clue there are two pictures of historic monuments with a different person in each. Each one of these persons will give you an object. Once your team collects the two objects, take them to the Bullring. Right in the middle of the Bullring you’ll find your next clue.”
   Aaron: “Go by foot.”

Now all three teams directed themselves to the different places. Linda and Karen and Millie and Chuck asked the locals for help and went first to the Serranos Tower where they received some golf clubs. Aaron and Arianne directed to the Tower of Saint Catherine and received a pair of life vests. Eventually the two teams got the objects and went straight to the Bullring.

Aaron and Arianne were first to reach the next clue; it was a detour.
   Arianne: “Sea or Earth”
A detour is a choice between two tasks each with its pros and cons. In this detour teams have to choose between Sea and Earth. In Sea, teams had to take the life vests to Malvarrosa Beach where they would have to windsurf through a marked way with the help of instructors. While the route they would follow is short, the intensity of the waves may not let the teams do it fast. In Earth, teams had to take the golf clubs to the Scorpion Club where they would play five holes of golf. The task appeared relatively simple, but discerning the right succession of holes in the vast course would be difficult and time consuming.
   Aaron: “We’re going for Sea. C’mon let’s go!”

Just as the three teams went for the Sea option, bus number two, which left Chinchon at 8:45 a.m., arrived in Valencia.
Alliance members Brian and Greg and Lena and Kristy got all their objects first and directed to the Bullring. The two teams decided to perform the Sea option.
In the end all bus two went for the Sea option.
At the beach tensions arose between Aaron and his team-mate on how to windsurf properly.
   Aaron: “Shut up Arianne! You don’t know how to windsurf either.”
   Arianne: “At least I’m doing it better than you are!”

Just as all teams from bus 1 and 2 encountered at the beach, the last bus, which departed at 9:30, arrived in Valencia. Debbie and Bianca took the lead with the help of locals:
   Bianca: “Would you take us there, please.”
   Local: “OK.”

Kris and Jon defeated all the teams at the detour and were given their next clue.
   Jon: “Make your way to Casa del Punt de Gantxo, the first Pit Stop in a race around the world.”
   Kris: “Warning: the last team to check in may be eliminated.”

Just as Kris and Jon were trying to get a taxi, Millie and Chuck and Linda and Karen finished the detour.
   Karen: “Let’s go!”

After collecting all the objects, Debbie and Bianca decided to go for Sea. While Charla and Mirna and Blake and Paige were the only teams to choose the Earth option.

On the way to the Pit Stop, Kris and Jon’s taxi driver couldn’t find Punt de Gantxo, which allowed Millie and Chuck to arrive first at the Pit Stop.
   Phil: Millie and Chuck, as the winners of this first leg of the race, you have each won 10,000 dollars, which you will enjoy after the race.”
   Millie: “That’s awesome Phil.”
Linda and Karen checked in second, followed by Aaron and Arianne.
   Phil: “Kris and Jon, you’re team number four.”
   Jon: “That’s OK.”
   Kris: “I still don’t know what taxi drivers have against us.” (She joked)

On the golf course, Blake and Paige were doing fine, but Charla and Mirna were having problems of their own.
   Mirna: “C’mon Charla, you can do it better than that!”
   Charla: “Stop yelling at me, woman!”

Phil: “Nancy and Emily, you’re team number five.”
   Nancy and Emily: “Great!”
   Phil: “Jon Vito and Jill, you’re team number six.”

All the teams that chose the Sea option were directing to the Pit Stop, except for Paul and Amie, who were still windsurfing.
Brian and Greg, Mary and Peach, Lena and Kristy, Jon and Al and Debbie and Bianca checked in 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th place respectively.

Blake and Paige finished Earth and directed to the Pit Stop.
   Phil: “Blake and Paige, you’re team number 12.”

The battle to avoid elimination was now between Paul and Amie and Charla and Mirna. They both finished the tasks at the same time.  
Just outside Punt de Gantxo the two teams ran into each other and realized they were in a tie for last place. Paul and Amie defeated the cousins in a race to the mat, arriving in 13th place.

Phil: “Charla and Mirna, you’re the last team to arrive. The good news is, this is the first of three pre-determined non-elimination legs and you both continue on the race. However, you’ll have to give me your bags and all the money you have with you. And to make matters worse, you will receive no money at the start of the next leg.”
   Mirna: “We don’t care; we’re still in the race! That’s enough for us.”
   Charla: “I really expected to be eliminated. Thanks Phil.”
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2005, 3:53pm by eztoopido » IP Logged

that's hot......
eztoopido
ForumsNet Member
Peru 

i miss u too babe!

View Profile Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:57pm »

LEG One
So far.....

Here's the leaderboard:
FIRST:millie n chuck
SECOND:linda n karen
THIRD:aaron n arianne
FOUTH:kris n jon
FIFTH:nancy n emily
SIXTH:jon vito n jill
SEVENTH:brian n gregg
EIGHTH:mary n peach
NINTH:lena n kristy
TENTH:jon n al
ELEVENTH:debbie n bianca
TWELFTH:blake n paige
THIRTEENTH:paul n amie
FOURTEENTH:charla n mirna =====> non-elimination leg

DETOUR:
SEA: millie n chuck, linda n karen, aaron n arianne, kris n jon, nancy n emily, jon vito n jill, brian n greg, mary n peach, lena n kristy, jon n al, debbie n bianca, paul n amie.
EARTH: blake n paige, charla n mirna.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2005, 6:13pm by eztoopido » IP Logged

that's hot......
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 8:31pm »

Quote:
Aaron: “Shut your fucking mouth Aarianne! You don’t know how to windsurf either.”

You shouldn't have posted that!  Lips Sealed

Yeah Millie and Chuck!!  Cool Cool
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Deidara
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

*Art. is a BLAST!*

vergil_yamato_16   amante_no_miko@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 2:55am »

go john vito and jill! keep on rocking! oh yeah, if there's a challenge with cheese...

i can just imagine what jill will say...

"it smells like FEET!"
IP Logged

username
ForumsNet Member
Hong_Kong 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 4:16am »

That was great.  Keep on writing more.

And genius is right - you shouldn't have put that cuss word.  You should change it.
IP Logged

Hello! Wink
eztoopido
ForumsNet Member
Peru 

i miss u too babe!

View Profile Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 3:55pm »

ok guys.......
i've already changed it...i'm sorry Embarassed
IP Logged

that's hot......
Heather
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
USA 

Yami+Setsu
View Profile Email

Re: Re: All star TAR with fourteen teams!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 4:10pm »

Charla and Mirna!!  Shocked Good thing it was an NEL!

Quote:
 Mirna: “C’mon Charla, you can do it better than that!”
 Charla: “Stop yelling at me, woman!”

Shocked :laff:
IP Logged

http://www.tengaged.com/user/supergoten
^please click this link as often as you want, give me free money on tengaged Cheesy
JP
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

Re: Re: All star TAR with fourteen teams!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: Jul 22nd, 2005, 4:11pm »

So many teams that I like! Cool

millie n chuck
linda n karen
nancy n emily
jon vito n jill
mary n peach
lena n kristy
jon n al
blake n paige
charla n mirna
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.