Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:44pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « l, the Asian Universiti »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Survivor
   Survivor General Gossip & News
(Moderators: lakelady, yesteach, MediaScribe, Isle_be_back)
   l, the Asian Universiti
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: l, the Asian Universiti  (Read 195 times)
xuezhiqian123
ForumsNet Member
Barbados 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

l, the Asian Universiti
« on: Oct 25th, 2018, 10:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

"  

By Spencer Musick

BEIJING, Oct. 6. (Xinhua) -- No. 1 seed Angelique Kerber of Germany was stunned by 16th seed Elina Svitolina of Ukraine in the third round of the China Open here on Thursday.

It is the second time the Ukrainian has bested a No. 1 player during this season.

Svitolina dominated the first set with strong defense against Kerber's serves and aggressive play at the baseline, taking it with relative ease in 44 minutes.

Kerber said that she was not feeling in her best form, and missed several chances during the match.

""I had my chances, for sure, but I didn't take it. I make a lot of easy mistakes. I was not playing my best, for sure. Physically I was not 100% because I feel a little bit my leg, so I was not able to play my best,"" she said.

Kerber fought back in the second set, leveling at 5 games all, but in the end was unable to keep pace with her opponent.

Kerber said that in an ""up and down"" match, Svitolina did a good job on return.

""She was moving good. She brings a lot of balls back. I think that was the key, yeah, why she beat me at the end.""

The Ukrainian saved 82 percent of break points in the match, and won 3343 points on the first serve.

Svitolina said she was pleased with her overall performance, and most of all happy that she was able to close out the match in two sets.

""Yeah, I'm really, really happy that I won today. Really happy that I finish with two sets because last time playing in Montreal, I was really close.""

Svitolina added that she did not let Kerber's returns go to her head, and said this was a key point in her approach to battling her.

""Main thing was just mentally to be focused. Even if you play good point against her, she can play some amazing shots back.... This is really important when you play against her because sometimes she gets some balls which is, like, unbelievable, playing amazing shots from down the line,"" she said.

Svitolina goes on to meet Australian Daria Gavrilova in the quarter-finals.  

" Now a lot of these discoveries are taken for granted by way of a society which has lived with many of them their whole lives and banal. Yet Mario Gotze Jersey , several of the discoveries represent significant contributions to biomedicine and defining moments for the medical area itself.

Smallpox Vaccine
Smallpox is a viral disease that killed huge numbers of people in Europe. In Sweden and France, the disease is reported to have killed every 10th kid that was born. In 1796, a British physician by the name of Edward Jenner developed a vaccine that produced antibodies against a related strain of the virus called cowpox. Since cowpox and smallpox are really so similar Marco Reus Jersey , the human body was found to not be able distinguish between the two, and also the vaccine functioned to kill the smallpox virus as if it were the same. Thanks to the vaccine the virus continues to be totally removed from modern society.

X Ray
The X ray was discovered completely by accident by a German physicist. Roentgen was experimenting with electron beams when he noticed that when he set his hand in front of the electron beams, a shape was projected right into a fluorescent screen in his laboratory. His discovery launched X-rays into mainstream medical use and enabled doctors to examine broken bones and cavities in a noninvasive manner.

Aspirin
Aspirin is definitely the most successful drug a trillion pills are consumed every year. But the discovery was not made until 1897 Marcel Schmelzer Jersey , when a Jewish chemist synthesized the drug in its pure form. Aspirin replaced sodium salicylate, a foul-tasting drug similar to aspirin but with more intense symptoms. With the growth of the Nazi Party in Germany, Eichengrun was almost written from history Marc Bartra Jersey , his discovery credited to his German scholar Felix Hoffmann. But later research to the biomedical landmark uncovered and dispelled this falsehood.

Penicillin
Penicillin was one of the very first antibiotics ever used in the treatment of bacterial diseases. Alexander Flemming found in 1928 it after the Scottish scientist noticed bacteria did not grow in an evaluation culture that were contaminated using a particular green mold called penicillium notatum. By 1941, for treating wounds in the battlefield in the second world war, the material had purified and accommodated its use. It is now used widely throughout the medical world.

In 1953 Manuel Akanji Jersey , Francis Crick and James Watson announced their discovery of the double helix model of DNA. Crick and Watson received the Nobel Prize in Physiology for their discovery. The double helix model launched human gene research right into a new era of scientific discovery and serves as the basis for genetics research. "  

DAVOS, Switzerland, Jan. 24 (Xinhua) -- As a leading university in China Mahmoud Dahoud Jersey , Tsinghua has signed university-level MOU with 46 universities in 21 Belt and Road countries, President of Tsinghua University Qiu Yong said here Wednesday.

Speaking at the second Belt and Road Davos Forum which Tsinghua is co-hosting, Qiu told the audience that his university has also signed agreements with many Belt and Road countries on the application of its cutting-edge technologies Lukasz Piszczek Jersey , such as the large container inspection system and emergency management system for public safety.

Last April, the Asian Universities Alliance, proposed by Tsinghua University and consisting of 15 Asian universities Julian Weigl Jersey , was established in Beijing. It is expected to support the Belt and Road Initiative by promoting cooperation and exchanges among the universities in Asia.

""In May 2017, during the Belt and Road summit in Beijing, I had the pleasure to meet the President of Indonesia Mr. Joko Widodo and signed an agreement with the minister of industry on establishing a Tsinghua South East Asia Center in Indonesia Jeremy Toljan Jersey ,"" Qiu said.

. Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Wholesale Hats   Wholesale Shirts China   Wholesale Shirts Free Shipping   Cheap Shirts Free Shipping   Cheap Nike NBA Shirts   Cheap Hats Wholesale  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.