Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 10:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

Metropolis Reality Forums « Last movie you saw... »

Hot Movie News and Reviews at Entertainment Spectrum!
www.EntertainmentSpectrum.com
   Metropolis Reality Forums
   Off-Topic Forums
   Movie Discussion
(Moderators: Heather, yesteach, Isle_be_back)
   Last movie you saw...
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24  ...  53 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Last movie you saw...  (Read 353224 times)
Genius
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Asian engineering!

View Profile

Re: Last movie you saw...
« Reply #315 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 6:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I watched Cellular last night. It was really thrilling throughout the whole movie.  Cool
IP Logged

TAR14: Tammy and Victor
S18: Brendan, Taj, Spencer
Colleen
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

Proud to be Canadian!

View Profile

« Reply #316 on: Dec 5th, 2005, 10:52pm »

Thats so funny Genius.  I did a thread about Cellular months ago and i didnt get good reviews.  Good to know that someone else enjoyed the movie as well.

IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #317 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 8:17pm »

I liked Cellular when it first came out... I liked the fact that the phone was almost a "character" in the movie... it was good.

We watched Fantastic Four this weekend... it was ok... and Christmas with the Kranks... which I liked, it was silly.. but I guess I'm old enough to appreciate the fact that they just wanted to get away for a change rather than all the Christmas hassle.

(Edited to add: OK, it wasn't a weekend.. I had a "snow" day and my brain is off and thinks it had a weekend.. LOL)
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2005, 8:18pm by yesteach » IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #318 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 11:06pm »

We watched Soylent Green yesterday... if you've never seen it, it's a rather interesting movie from the early 70's.  A sociological statement more than anything, but a good watch... my grandmother introduced me to the movie back in the 70's when I was a teen... my daughter (who is 20) watched with me yesterday and she enjoyed it as well.
IP Logged

There are only 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Elsa
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #319 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 9:06pm »

Good night and good luck.

It was an AMAZING movie, probably the best i've seen so far this year. A must must muuuust see movie ! I highly recommend it.
IP Logged
Elsa
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #320 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 12:51am »

I just saw The Family Stone.
Incredible cast (I just love SJP and Rachel McAdams... ooh and Luke Wilson is a cutie), but the script doesn't do them justice. It was pretty bad in my opinion.
IP Logged
Elsa
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #321 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 11:13pm »

Okay, I wrote the last two posts in this thread... It's official, I go to the movies way too often haha

Saw Capote... I was pleasantly surprised ! Philip Seymour Hoffman's performance was brilliant. Another must see movie !
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2005, 11:13pm by Elsa » IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #322 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 10:20am »

I've wanted to see this movie, and it's not showing where I live.. going to have to splurge and drive to see it I supposed.  I remember watching Truman Capote on talk shows as a child, and always thought he was fascinating.  My first introduction to him was when Robert Blake made the movie from his book "In Cold Blood."  If I'm not mistaken it was also Robert Blake's first movie.  He was a fascinating man to watch and listen to... was hoping the movie would show that.
IP Logged

Pocket
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #323 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 12:43pm »

Elf Teach, Robert Blake was a child actor, so this wasn't his first movie....maybe his first as an adult.
IP Logged
yesteach
ForumsNet Administrator
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #324 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 1:41pm »

It was touted at the time as his "first movie".. maybe it was his first starring role??
IP Logged

lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #325 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 9:48am »

Colleen and teach, I watched Christmas with the Kranks yesterday.  A little too silly for my tastes.  I thought they had the right idea by going on the cruise.  Cheesy
Really enjoyed the ending.  

Also watched The Amityville Horror.  Not bad...

Now I'm headed to make luci happy and watch Ray.   Grin
IP Logged
Elsa
ForumsNet Member
Canada 

View Profile

« Reply #326 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 10:00am »

on Dec 19th, 2005, 10:20am, ElfTeach wrote:
I've wanted to see this movie, and it's not showing where I live.. going to have to splurge and drive to see it I supposed.  I remember watching Truman Capote on talk shows as a child, and always thought he was fascinating.  My first introduction to him was when Robert Blake made the movie from his book "In Cold Blood."  If I'm not mistaken it was also Robert Blake's first movie.  He was a fascinating man to watch and listen to... was hoping the movie would show that.

I don't think you'll be disappointed, yesteach... The movie really shows how fascinating Truman Capote was, how us viewers like and despise him at the same time... How he used the killer by pretending to be his friend to have his confession, but fell in love with him at the same time. It's worth a splurge Smiley
IP Logged
Joab
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #327 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 10:46am »

Ocean Eleven on my local channel...
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
JP
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

Ditch IE. Use Firefox.

293041687 293041687     jezzieflanigan
View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #328 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 5:31pm »

I watched several movies this Christmas weekend.

1. The Stand - This is actually a mini-series based on a Stephen King book. It's quite old, but it's a scary movie nonetheless. It has a bit of religious undertone in it. An ok movie. But my fave Stephen King movie/mini-series is still The Langoliers. Smiley

2. Mystic River - I rented it because I kind of remember it being nominated for the Oscars when it was released. It was a dark movie. I like the police investigation part in it. The ending is also a surprise but I feel the end needs a little more analysis. I didn't get it tho. lol

3. Boogeyman - This is a horror movie, but I wasn't scared at all, lol. I was more intrigued at how it ends. Is the boogeyman real? Is it really supernatural, or is it just the main characters imagination? The end didn't explain alot though, so I was very unsatisfied with it.

4. Cold Mountain - Another Oscar nominee, I think it was nominated the same year as Mystic River. A surprisingly good movie. It pulls different emotions from the audience. You'll be happy, sad, scared, angry. There are a lot of plot twists that keeps the movie interesting. The main stars are Nicole Kidman and Jude Law, but Renee Zelweger steals every scene she's in. Great performances by everyone, lots of cameos by several actors! An awesome movie.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 24th, 2005, 5:32pm by JP » IP Logged
lakelady
ForumsNet Member

View Profile

« Reply #329 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 8:21pm »

Quote:
This is a horror movie, but I wasn't scared at all, lol.

I love a good horror flick. But JP this is exactly why I haven't seen this.  I read and heard enough to know that it wasn't all that great.  

Glad you enjoyed Cold Mountain. It's one of my all-time favorites!
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24  ...  53 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.