Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:35am

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « TARA2: Pam & Vanessa (Malaysia) »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Amazing Race - Asia
(Moderators: JP, Joab, Isle_be_back)
   TARA2: Pam & Vanessa (Malaysia)
No topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: TARA2: Pam & Vanessa (Malaysia)  (Read 14979 times)
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

TARA2: Pam & Vanessa (Malaysia)
« on: Oct 10th, 2007, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sisters  

Member 1    
Name  :  Pamela Chong
Occupation  :  Professional Dancer
Age  :  24
Hometown  :  Malaysia

Member 2    
Name  :  Vanessa Chong
Occupation  :  Artiste Manager
Age  :  29
Hometown  :  Malaysia

When it comes to The Amazing Race Asia, there is an unspoken pressure for Pamela, 24, and Vanessa, 29, to bring home the top prize. Yes, both Malaysians realize that there is a lot riding on them to perform well, since the winners of the inaugural The Amazing Race Asia were Malaysian and also an all female team!  

But trumping nationalistic pride is a simple matter of family pride as well. Four years ago, their brother, Vince, proved to be a winner by emerging victorious over 11 others in a nationwide reality singing competition. Not taking home this trophy would probably make their participation a topic of conversation (and not in a flattering way) for every family gathering in the future.  

Artiste manager Vanessa, who now manages her brother's rising singing career, recalls that watching their brother win formed one of the high points in her life. But aside from price, there are also other factors that will be pushing both women to victory.  

"I love adventure and I want to see how far we can push ourselves," says Pamela, a professional dancer and assistant dance choreographer.  

Surprising enough, elder sister Vanessa admits to being the more timid one compared to Pamela, who she describes as more outgoing. In fact, Vanessa credits Pamela for saving her life once, when out for a drive one evening, their friend fell asleep at the wheel. It was Pamela who woke up and alerted the driver, but not before the car began spinning out of control. It was also Pamela's idea that they both take part in the race. Of course, it was an idea that Vanessa jumped at as it was an opportunity of a lifetime.  

"Plus I love traveling and love an adventure. I was to see how far I can push myself in different situations," says Vanessa. For Pamela, choosing her sister as a partner was an easy choice to make as "she's always been there for me.".  

In anticipation of the grueling experience, the sisters started increasing their workout sessions and also developed strategies, such as deciding who would be a better fit for the different tasks dished out in the show. But as Pam puts it, there is only so much you can account for especially when watching someone performing a task on television and having to tackle it head on.  

"Each task and situation varies so vastly that you can't seem to apply a strategy that you've learnt from a prior task," she notes.  

And also expect a certain mean streak inherent in the sisters but not in the way one can expect. The sisters have perfected an evil, insidious laugh, and coupled with the fact that their voices are identical, it certainly bumps up the scare factor when they laugh in unison.  

In other words, when the two are laughing together, the other teams better be on the lookout.

http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season2/teams/pam-van/index.html
IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

Re: TARA2: Pam & Vanessa (Malaysia)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 4:04pm »

VANESSA & PAMELA CHONG  
Connecting flight: Sisters  
Country of origin: Malaysia  

Declaration form: These fetching Eurasian siblings are more than meets the eye. Vanessa is an artist manager. Pamela is a professional dancer. They have perfected an evil laugh, which "when coupled with their identical voices" sounds freaky when they laugh in unison.
IP Logged
MK
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 5:28pm »

This is my sister's favorite team, and I think they are great too. I'm not FTW with them, but... um... FTF! (For the Finale!)  Cheesy
IP Logged

Hi. Smiley
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

elizabethyong2001   dreamsofelle
View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: Oct 10th, 2007, 11:32pm »

Hmmm. Interesting.
IP Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
Joab
ForumsNet Moderator
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

Toni and Dallas FTW!

View Profile WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 9:19am »

I think they are bimbotic and won't be surprise if they are the first few teams to go.
IP Logged

Vote in The Amazing Race Survival Battle -
http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=tar5game;action=display;num=1229008287
Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: Oct 12th, 2007, 6:48pm »

Hmm...Liz and KL are probally expecting me to say that I like them cause they're pretty.

They seem like a...villianous team?  I think they'll be one of the more physically fit teams on the race, though not one of the smartest teams.

I DO hope they do well, though
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2007, 6:49pm by Undecided. » IP Logged

Undecided.
ForumsNet Member
USA 

American Idol: Bring Mishavonna Henson back! =)

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13th, 2007, 1:46pm »

Now they're my 2nd favorites.  Grin
IP Logged

sneezemachine
ForumsNet Member
Philippines 

rjmercado87  
View Profile Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21st, 2007, 6:32am »

haha, they're related to vince chong, the disney channel's malaysian go-to guy
« Last Edit: Oct 21st, 2007, 6:32am by sneezemachine » IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:32am »

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2007/10/19/tvnradio/19 135171&sec=tvnradio

Our femme fatales

Four gutsy ladies make up the two Malaysian teams.  

For sisters Pamela and Vanessa Chong, getting picked to compete in The Amazing Race Asia Two (Tara 2) is possibly the most amazing part of the whole race experience.  

"When we found out that we got in, it was ? it was better than falling in love. Really, it was," says Pamela, 24.  

The Strong Chongs: Sisters Vanessa (left) and Pamela were over the moon about being in The Amazing Race Asia 2.

"Yeah. Once we got the call, I was like, 'O my God. Is this real?' It was amazing," adds Vanessa, 29.  

If you think the Chong girls look familiar it is because they resemble their famous brother -- singer and Akademi Fantasia (season one) winner Vince Chong.  

As fans of the Race (both the American versions and the Asian one), the Chong sisters are confident that they will make a good team.  

"We know each other really well and have known each other for ? 24 years! We each have different strong points and I think we complement each other. For example, Pam is stronger and is better at tasks that involve strength like climbing," explains Vanessa.  

Though they trained -- they started hiking, jogging, swimming and kickboxing to build up their stamina -- they are apprehensive about how they will perform in the race.  

"We are confident by nature but sometimes you think you can do something and then, when the time comes you begin to have doubts.  

"And, because the all-girl Malaysian team won the last time, there is some added pressure ? what if we don't do as well.  

"But then we decided we are going on this race for ourselves. It is not like it’s the Olympics," says Pamela. They also tag themselves as the "Strong Chongs".  

As the Chongs are a close-knit family, keeping their involvement in the Race a secret was quite a feat.  

(To maintain the suspense, teams could not let on to anyone -- family, friends or employers -- that they were part of the Race until the entire race had been taped).  

"We became really good storytellers. We told them we had to be in Dubai to train for an airline job," says Vanessa.  

Adds Pamela, "Our stories evolved along the way. When we told them that we could not bring our handphones and when they saw us packing our sneakers and sports attire they questioned us. We said that we had to do combat training," says Pamela.  

To explain why they had to remain incommunicado for a month, Vanessa says, "We said it was because we would be flying with celebrities and politicians and other important people ? so privacy was important."  

Prior to running the race, teams had to sign a confidentiality agreement with the producers, which, among other things disallowed them from revealing details of the Race (locations, participating teams and other details, especially which team won).  

The fine for breaching the agreement is a hefty US$5mil (RM17.5mil)!
IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:09pm »

on Oct 23rd, 2007, 12:32am, fxbanzai wrote:

The fine for breaching the agreement is a hefty US$5mil (RM17.5mil)!

Wow. Shocked

But not really surprising I guess. How much is the fine for breaching the agreement in the regular TAR? Does anyone know?
IP Logged

Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: Oct 23rd, 2007, 5:10pm »

on Oct 21st, 2007, 6:32am, sneezemachine wrote:
haha, they're related to vince chong, the disney channel's malaysian go-to guy

As with all other winners of reality singing shows in Malaysia, he's more hype than substance, IMO.
IP Logged

banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 2:10pm »

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2007, 2:12pm by banzai » IP Logged
banzai
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 2:48pm »

« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2007, 2:51pm by banzai » IP Logged
Elizabeth
ForumsNet Member
Malaysia 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 3:02pm »

I don't like them much for some reason...
IP Logged

LittleBoy
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

The Amazing Race !!!

View Profile Email

« Reply #14 on: Oct 28th, 2007, 8:37pm »

Total bimbos.  
IP Logged
Pages: all 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

No topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.