Yet Another Bulletin Board
Sponsored by: The Fans!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 15th, 2024, 11:44pm

Upcoming Premiere Dates:
Survivor 23, Season premiere
Thursday, September 14 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on CBS

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Chat Chat Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register

| Fantasy Survivor Game | Music Forums | The '80s Server Forums | Shop Online |

Metropolis Reality Forums « Create The Amazing Race - Final Leg - Page 15!! »

Metropolis Reality Forums
   Amazing Race
   Fantasy Amazing Race Games
(Moderators: JP, Heather, Isle_be_back)
   Create The Amazing Race - Final Leg - Page 15!!
Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »
Pages: all 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  15 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Create The Amazing Race - Final Leg - Page 15!!  (Read 13609 times)
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

Re: Create The Amazing Race - Leg 3 - Page 6!!
« Reply #75 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 2:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am posting the whole leg I finished marking earlier this afternoon in 1 go! This is gonna be long...

Episode 3 – We’re Sons of Bitches (Vic)

Previously on The Amazing Race…
11 teams set out from Calgary, Canada and flew to the country of Taiwan. The Johns had a bad start to the day when John Sr got caught speeding…

Policeman: You were travelling at 12mph over the speed limit. I’ll need to give you a ticket.  
John Sr.: Quick please. Please sir, can you write it out quickly. We have a flight to catch.

But it went from bad to much worse when they, Fernando and Emiliana, and Alan and Beatrice flew to Dubai instead of Taipei.

Alan: Is this the tallest completed building in the world?  
Receptionist: No. It is in Taiwan.  
Alan: Oh my god! I knew it! I knew it! We’re gonna be like days behind.

In Taipei, the 8 lead teams battled for first position. Shandi and Sheena, and Danielle and Theresa started working together, yet lost places at the front of the pack when they switched Detour options. On the way to the Pit Stop, they then fell out after an argument and turned on each other.

Sheena: But you have the map! You should’ve realised that we were wrong.  
Theresa: I can’t believe you! That’s it. We’re on our own. No more alliances!  
Shandi: Fine.

Melo and Louie came in first place, before the 3 trailing teams arrived in Taipei. When they did, Alan and Beatrice drank tea to win the Fast Forward. In the end, the Johns leg became even worse when they finished in last place. However, they gained a reprieve.

Phil: I’m...pleased to tell you that this is the first of several non-elimination legs and you are still on The Amazing Race.

11 teams remain. Who will be eliminated… next?

*credits*

Phil:  This is Taipei, the capital city of Taiwan. And within this Asian city, developing into a larger urban must-see city, is this place…

*view of Temple*

the Longshan Temple. This beautiful religious building is the second Pit Stop in a Race around the world. Will the Johns recover from a Speed Bump penalty? And can the 3 trailing teams ever catch up?

Melo and Louie, who were first to arrive at 10:02AM

Louie: Woo hoo!

… get to depart at 10:02PM.

Check-out times
1. Melo & Louie - 10.02PM
2. Marcia & Daniel - 10.04PM  
3. Pete & Vic - 10.05PM  
4. Alexander & Alexandria - 10.16PM  
5. Freddy & Jordan - 10.28PM  
6. Shandi & Sheena - 10.59PM  
7. Danielle & Theresa - 11.00PM  
8. Tyler & Hillary - 11.14PM  
9. Alan & Beatrice - 8.07AM  
10. Fernando & Emiliana - 10.36AM  
11. John Sr. & John Jr. - 1.03PM

*Louie opens clue*
Louie: Fly to Vientiane, Laos.
Phil: Teams must now fly to Vientiane, the capital city of Laos. When they land, they must go by taxi to the popular two-storey market Talat Sao, go inside, locate the pineapple stall and buy 5 pineapples, before leaving the market and searching for a little boy nearby who will give them their next clue.

Melo: Didn’t know there was a country called Laos.
Louie:  *sigh* Come on, brother.

The 8 lead teams make their way to the airport, still hours before the 3 trailing teams get ready to leave the Pit Stop. Whilst booking their flight, which all 8 teams share, the two British teams, Scots Marcia and Daniel, and Englishmen Pete and Vic, start helping each other hold tickets on the flight.

Ticket Clerk: I can only get tickets for you two.
Marcia + Daniel: No, not just us! These two men as well!

20 minutes later…
Pete: Can these two *points at Marcia and Daniel* have seats at the front with us please?
Ticket Clerk: Let me check… OK, you can share the second to front row.

*Confessionals*
Pete:After their kindness we wanted to repay it. They’re genuinely nice people, and we’re both British teams so we have a kind of bond already.
Marcia: The two Cockney boys were so nice to us to get seats, and now we have a UK alliance!
*End of Confessionals*

Alan and Beatrice leave the Pit Stop at 8:07AM…
Alan: Vientiane, Laos it is.

When they get to the airport, they discover there are no remaining seats on the first flight to Vientiane, and must settle for the next. Fernando and Emiliana arrive at the airport just after 11:00AM, and the two teams agree to get to the market together.

Fernando: It makes sense to do so ‘cause the Johns are probably out next and we just snagged the last seats on the next flight, though it doesn’t get to Laos until 6:15PM.

Flight 1 to Vientiane, arriving at 11:30AM:
Melo/Louie
Marcia/Daniel
Pete/Vic
Alexander/Alexandria
Freddy/Jordan
Shandi/Sheena
Danielle/Theresa
Tyler/Hillary

The 8 teams rush to taxis, to the two-storey market. However, as Freddy and Jordan get there in first, they receive a huge shock…

Freddy: This road’s busy but it looks quiet at the market.
Jordan: There’s a sign up… and has some English. It says there’s gonna be construction work till 2009. The ground floor construction finished yesterday but won’t open till TOMORROW.
Freddy: WHAT?
Jordan: 7AM to 4PM.

The other 7 teams arrive and find out the shock news.

The Johns leave the Pit Stop at 1:03PM and struggle to find a flight to Laos. They finally get one that arrives in Laos at 5:55AM.

John Jr: This sucks, but hopefully this market has opening hours so we can catch up to the Wong siblings and Fernando and Emiliana.  

Flight 2 to Vientiane, arriving at 6:15PM:
Alan/Beatrice
Fernando/Emiliana

Flight 3 to Vientiane, arriving at 5:55AM the next day:
John Jr and John Sr

Alan and Beatrice and Fernando and Emiliana get to the market sharing a taxi and receive a big surprise.
Beatrice: There’s the other teams!
Alan: No way!
As Emiliana thanks the Virgin Mary in Portuguese, the other 3 mingle with the disgruntled 8 teams.

The next morning, the Johns arrive at 5:55AM, and get a taxi. It is nearly 7:00AM and the other teams are waiting outside for the market to open, when along come the Johns! The 8 lead teams are devastated as the market opens the ground floor and they rush in.

Vic: Pete! This way!
Daniel:  Can you see the pineapples Mum, Vic, Pete?
Sheena: Come on Shandi, we need to beat the nasty girls!
Danielle: Ignore them Theresa.
John Sr: Here they are!

The teams buy pineapples one after the other, and file out to find the little boy. Alexander and Alexandria get to him first, with the other 10 teams lining up behind them for the clue.

Alexandria: Go by bus to the Buddha Park…
Phil: Teams must now go by bus to Buddha Park, a park situated in a meadow beside the Mekong River, 25km southeast of Vientiane. Buses leave every 20 minutes. Once teams get to the park, they must search among over 200 Hindu and Buddhist statues for one resembling a pumpkin to find their next clue.

Teams rush to the bus station for the next bus to Buddha Park. The next bus leaves at 7:20AM, though only the wisest teams that have booked a taxi for 7:00AM make it, whereas the rest have to go on the 7:40AM bus.

First Bus, getting to Buddha Park at 8:00AM:
John Jr/John Sr
Danielle/Theresa
Fernando/Emiliana
Alexander/Alexandria

Second Bus, getting to Buddha Park at 8:20AM:
Pete/Vic
Shandi/Sheena
Marcia/Daniel
Freddy/Jordan
Alan/Beatrice
Melo/Louie
Tyler/Hillary

While on the second bus, Marcia and Daniel have their first real culture shock when they notice the poverty on the streets. After living in Scotland all their lives, they are not used to seeing anything like this. Marcia fights back tears as she says…

Marcia: I’ve seen it on TV but not like this… it goes to show that there’s always at least one person in the world who’s worse off than you, and that we’re privileged to come from more developed countries.

Teams soon find the “pumpkin” when they arrive. Danielle and Theresa, who sneaked up to the front of the bus when the bus approached the park, open the clue first.

Theresa: It’s a Detour, Dani.
Phil: A Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with it’s own pros and cons. In this Detour, teams must choose between Dress or Mess. In Dress, teams must walk to a nearby handmade clothes shop and, following an instruction sheet, make a traditional Laotian dress. After they are done, they must show it to a model, who will put it on if she is satisfied then give them their next clue.

In Mess, teams must walk twice as far to a specified street, locate an alleyway and clean a specified section till it is nearly spotless. If a supervisor approves, he will give the next clue.

While Dress is a harder task skill wise, it is much closer, though Mess is easier.

Theresa: Dress was made for us, Dani!
Danielle: I know, we have those minors degrees in fashion!

The beauty queens race off, while the other 3 lead teams head off to Mess.
Emiliana: This one should be easier... I think.

The 7 teams on the second bus get to the pumpkin and Shandi and Sheena also get excited at making the dress.
Pete: I think we should do Dress actually, Vic.
Vic: It could pay off being closer.

The 11 teams get stuck into their Detour options, though some teams like Alan and Beatrice and Freddy and Jordan struggle to get to the alleyway. Shandi and Sheena and Danielle and Theresa battle it out to finish dresses first, though the beauty queens complete their first.
Model: Here is your next clue.
Sheena: Curses.

Danielle: Return to Buddha Park and go by bus back to Vientiane.  
Phil: Teams must go back to Vientiane by bus after returning to Buddha Park, then go by taxi to Patuxay, a 1960s-built monument dedicated to those who fought in the struggle for independence from France. Teams will find their next clue there.

Danielle: Warning, U-Turn ahead at the Buddha Park bus station.
Theresa: Interesting…
Phil: This is the first of only two U-Turns on the entire race, *completes speech.*

Fernando and Emiliana finish Mess at nearly the same time and rush back to the bus station. The Johns finish soon after, walking past a struggling Alexander and Alexandria, whose journey on the first bus prevented them from going to the back of the pack. At Dress, the Cockney boys and Marcia and Daniel catch up to Shandi and Sheena who are starting to grow impatient. Teams finish the Detour at the following times:

1. Danielle/Theresa – 8:55AM (Dress)  
2. Fernando/Emiliana – 8:56AM (Mess)  
3. John Jr/John Sr – 8:59AM (Mess)  
4. Alexander/Alexandria – 9:05AM (Mess)  
5. Shandi/Sheena – 9:17AM (Dress)  
6. Melo/Louie – 9:20AM (Mess)  
7. Tyler/Hillary – 9:21AM (Mess)
8.  Pete/Vic – 9:28AM (Dress)
9.  Marcia/Daniel – 9:30AM (Dress)
10. Freddy/Jordan – 9:30AM (Mess)
11. Alan/Beatrice – 9:35AM (Mess)

Beatrice: Never doing that again.
Pete: Never doing that again.
Alexandria: Never doing that again.
Shandi: I enjoyed that Detour.

The beauty queens arrive at the U-Turn at Buddha Park first…

Theresa: Phil Keoghan hosted a show called No Opportunities Wasted. With that said… we choose to U-Turn our rivals Shandi and Sheena.

Fernando and Emiliana are shocked to find the U-Turn used so early, as are the other teams. But the only team that’s angry are the twins, who are fifth back to the bus station.

Sheena: WHAT? How dare they?

The twins head off to the alley in foul moods and scrub away, just after Alan and Beatrice pass them just outside. They complete the Mess Detour at 10:27AM, and are well behind the 10th place Wong siblings. This is how the buses coming back to Vientiane pan out:

First Bus, arriving 10:00AM:
Danielle/Theresa
Fernando/Emiliana
John Jr/John Sr

Second Bus, arriving 10:20AM:
Alexander/Alexandria
Pete/Vic

Third Bus, arriving 10:40AM:
Marcia/Daniel
Melo/Louie
Tyler/Hillary
Freddy/Jordan
Alan/Beatrice

Fourth Bus, arriving 11:40AM:
Shandi/Sheena

However, a major drama ensued between the new friends and two British teams. In a rush to return to Buddha Park, Vic accidentally took Daniel’s backpack, which is very similar. Daniel then took Vic’s backpack, though Marcia noticed on the way back. They ran for the bus, where the Cockney boys were onboard. They had only just noticed their mistake…

Vic: What do we do? The bus is leaving right now!
Marcia: Stop that bus!
Pete: We’ll wait in Vientiane for you!
*The bus leaves without Marcia and Daniel*
Daniel: Damn it!
Pete: We should have got off actually.
Vic: Well Pete…
Pete: Well what?
Vic:We’re sons of bitches.

Pete and Vic waited for the next bus to arrive at 10:40 and exchanged bags with Marcia and Daniel.
Marcia: Forget about it, boys, we’re ahead of Shandi and Sheena. We forgive you, so let’s soldier on together.

At Patuxay, while the beauty queens and Brazilians opened the next clue, the Johns faced their Speed Bump Penalty.

Phil: In this Speed Bump, John Jr and John Sr must walk half a mile to a music store and learn to play the khaen, a mouth organ originating from Laos. They must then each learn to play a short tune, roughly 15 seconds long, then perform it to the store owner who will let them go back to Patuxay if he is satisfied.

John Sr: Let’s go son!
The Johns start out at a reasonable pace, though the rigorous activities of the morning take it’s toll on John Sr who gets short of breath. His son lets him take a breather as he figures the directions. However, John Jr discovers that they’ve gone in the opposite direction to the music store. After John Sr is ready to go, they quickly head back to Patuxay to start over.

Meanwhile, the other 10 teams face the next clue…
Emiliana: Road Block. Which of you is good in a crowd? I’ll do it.
Phil: A Road Block is a task that only one team member can perform. In this Road Block, team members must go to the large crowd beside Patuxay on the Lan Xang Boulevard. Team members must then collect a tray of Laotian food in dishes and walk through the crowd to the other side, without dropping a single dish. This crowd, with over 200 people, dancing to music, mingling with family and friends, children running and playing, and dogs getting between people’s legs will be tough to get through. When they complete the task, they will be given their next clue.

Emiliana and Theresa rush off to do the task. Later on, they are joined by Alexander who goes too quickly and soon has his dishes knocked over. Eventually, the other teams, apart from the Johns and Shandi and Sheena, have team members in the Road Block. They get frustrated, lose concentration and get even angrier when they go most of the way, only to upend just one dish.

At the Speed Bump, meanwhile, the Johns arrive at the store and begin to learn playing the khaen.
John Sr: Just like playing a harmonica… but difficult. Very difficult.  
They eventually finish learning the tune and luckily satisfy the store owner the first time, and rush back to Patuxay. John Jr elects to do the Road Block, just 3 minutes before Shandi and Sheena get off their bus. Sheena agrees to do the Road Block, and as she is about to begin…

Emiliana: I’m through at last!
Fernando: You did a good job honey. The rest will be here for ages.
Emiliana: I took about 1 hr 40 minutes to do it though…
Fernando: Go to the next Pit Stop…
Phil: Teams must now go by taxi to the next Pit Stop, Pha That Luang.

However, teams are only told that they must go to the national symbol of Laos in Vientiane. This beautiful, golden Buddhist stupa is the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race. The last team to check in here… may be eliminated.

Emiliana: Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh
Fernando: OMG what?
Emiliana: I saw a sign on the bus to the Park saying that some place called Pha That Luang was a national symbol of Laos. Let’s go quick!

Back at the crowd, teams gradually complete the tough task.

*Confessionals*
Theresa: How I eventually did it in under 2 hours I do not know.
Melo: I hated it from start to finish. Every time I got near the finish point there was some kid or dog to make me lose my balance.
Hillary: It was unnerving to screw up like 30 times and have to keep on returning to the start and get new dishes, but in the end I kept calm and finished well ahead of some other teams.
Daniel: After Pete finished the task, he scanned the crowd for me, came over and said to keep to the left-hand side, so I did and finished a couple of minutes after him. I’m glad they’re repaying us for taking my bag away.
*End of confessionals*

Road Block completion time (with chosen team member in capitals):
Fernando/EMILIANA – 11:45AM
Danielle/THERESA – 12:02PM
ALEXANDER/Alexandria – 12:26PM
FREDDY/Jordan – 12:29PM
PETE/Vic – 12:34PM  
Marcia/DANIEL – 12:37PM
Tyler/HILLARY – 12:41PM
ALAN/Beatrice – 12:50PM
MELO/Louie – 1:16PM
JOHN JR/John Sr – 2:18PM
Shandi/SHEENA – 2:26PM

Greeter:Welcome to Vientiane, Laos.
Emiliana: Thank you!
Phil: Fernando and Emiliana, you are Team Number One!
Fernando: Yes!
*The separated couple hug.*
Fernando: This woman’s been great today, she’s worked hard and fought to be where we are now.
Emiliana: I was upset to be so far behind, but Fernando was my rock and supported me the whole way here, so we’re doing just great.

Other teams that saw signs on the bus to the Buddha Park were second bus teams Pete and Vic, Marcia and Daniel and Alan and Beatrice. However, the two British teams struggled to find taxis that would take them, whereas Alan and Beatrice did not have any trouble.

Beatrice: Marcia and Daniel are still there, look! And the Cockney boys too!
Alan: I think our Asian roots are coming into play now!

Phil: Danielle and Theresa, you are Team Number Two!

*A while later*

Phil: Alexander and Alexandria, you are Team Number Three!
Alexandria: Still in the front of the pack, that’s cool.

Phil: Freddy and Jordan, you are Team Number Four!

The next four teams are in a mad scramble to get into fifth place. The two British teams, Tyler and Hillary and the Wong siblings are in a cab race, until…

Phil:Alan and Beatrice, you are Team Number Five!
Beatrice: Yay!
Phil: Pete and Vic, you are Team Number Six!
Vic: We could have been worse off this leg if it hadn’t been for the kindness from Marcia and Daniel. They really are great friends.
Phil: Tyler and Hillary, you are Team Number Seven!
Phil: Marcia and Daniel, you are Team Number Eight!

*A while later…*

Phil: Melo and Louie, you are Team Number Nine!
Louie: It’s been a rough leg for us with several misfortunes. I’ll be glad to move on from this city.

John Jr, 5 minutes ahead of Sheena, returns to his father with the clue. However, they have no idea what the national symbol of Laos is, but neither do the twins. Both teams rush around Patuxay and the Boulevard asking where it is, yet the locals do not realise they mean Pha That Luang, not a place called “The National Symbol.”

In the end, it comes down to a taxi race…

Phil: Shandi and Sheena, you are Team Number Ten!
Shandi: Oh my God! That’s such a relief.

Phil: John Jr and John Sr, you are the last team to arrive.
John Jr: We figured.
Phil:...I’m sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.
John Sr: We had a good ride.

*Final Confessional*
John Jr: My Dad is such a great man and we have a close father and son bond that will never fade.
John Sr: He’s proven himself to be a grown man on this trip, and I’m proud of him. He’s a lot like me actually, so I like what I see.
*John Sr winks to the confessional camera as the episode ends.*

Check-in times
1. Fernando & Emiliana – 11:55AM  
2. Danielle & Theresa – 12:20PM {U-Turner}
3. Alexander & Alexandria – 12:47PM  
4. Freddy & Jordan – 12:50PM  
5. Alan & Beatrice – 1:01PM  
6. Pete & Vic – 1:02PM  
7. Tyler & Hillary – 1:04PM  
8. Marcia & Daniel – 1:05PM
9. Melo & Louie – 1:36PM  
10. Shandi & Sheena – 3:06PM [U-Turned]
11. John Jr. & John Sr. – 3:10PM - ELIMINATED
IP Logged
Sam.
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

Re: Create The Amazing Race - Leg 2 - Page 5!!
« Reply #76 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 4:14pm »

Absolutely brilliant leg! Great tasks, and I'm glad that everyone got caught up. I like the new UK alliance!
IP Logged

Vote in my Survivor game: http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=fantasysurvivor;action=display;num=1224335537
sportsperson624
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #77 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 5:52pm »

IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

MICHIGAN 81, DUKE 73!!!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #78 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 6:11pm »

I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the first three legs and am excited to see how this race turns out. Hopefully the remainder of the race is written as well as the first three legs were. I'm planning on doing a number of seasons in this game and then have an all-star version later on.
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #79 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 7:48pm »

Leg 3 Information

Roadblocks:
Fernando: 0, Emiliana: 3
Danielle: 1, Theresa: 2
Alexander: 1, Alexandria: 2
Freddy: 2, Jordan: 1
Alan: 2, Beatrice: 0
Pete: 3, Vic: 0
Tyler 1:, Hillary: 2
Marcia: 1, Daniel: 2
Melo: 2, Louie: 1
Shandi: 1, Sheena: 2
---------------------------
John Sr: 1, John Jr: 2
Anna: 0, Lisa: 1

(No person can do more than 7 roadblocks in the entire race.)

IP Logged
verysmiley
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #80 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 8:49pm »

I Tyler and Hillary the Under the Radar team?
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #81 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 9:01pm »

Anything is possible. Verysmiley, I sent you the guidelines for Leg 4.
IP Logged
verysmiley
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #82 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 9:53pm »

I never got it
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #83 on: Dec 19th, 2008, 10:14pm »

I just sent it again. If you didn't get it let me know and I'll post them here.
IP Logged
t
ForumsNet Member
Singapore 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #84 on: Dec 20th, 2008, 3:58am »

Thanks for the compliments! Sam, I had to make a UK alliance rather than any other since the two British teams left at the same time, and I thought it would make things interesting. There are actually just 3 US teams left. verysmiley, you are so right about Tyler and Hillary. For the first half of that leg I was forgetting they existed! And I didn't want a repeat of TAR1 Leg10-13 (*shudders at the 24-hour lead fiasco) so I used Talat Sao as a bunching point. It's actually going under real reconstruction till 2009 so I made up the ground floor stuff.
IP Logged
Sam.
ForumsNet Member
United_Kingdom 

View Profile

« Reply #85 on: Dec 20th, 2008, 5:40am »

on Dec 20th, 2008, 3:58am, t wrote:
And I didn't want a repeat of TAR1 Leg10-13 (*shudders at the 24-hour lead fiasco) so I used Talat Sao as a bunching point. It's actually going under real reconstruction till 2009 so I made up the ground floor stuff.  

Yeah, I wanted the bunch as well. But TAR1 Leg 13 was brilliant at the end when the Guidos were given the clue in Alaska.
IP Logged

Vote in my Survivor game: http://www.forumsnet.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=fantasysurvivor;action=display;num=1224335537
verysmiley
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #86 on: Dec 20th, 2008, 9:34am »

still didnt get them
IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #87 on: Dec 20th, 2008, 11:16am »

Leg 4 (verysmiley)

1. Teams fly to Perth, Australia. Teams have to buy their plane tickets at separate travel agent, as the airport in Vientiane does not sell tickets. Some teams don’t read this additional information and go straight to the airport and wastes a large amount of time.  
2. The first half of the leg is in Perth and then teams take charter flights to Kalgoorlie, a mining city about 600 kilometers away. Charter flights leave on the hour every hour and each flight can hold up to four teams.  
3. A Detour and a Roadblock (1 in Perth and the other in Kalgoorlie)
4. A Fast Forward
5. Does the UK alliance continue to work well together or does the backpack accident from the previous leg pull the teams apart?  
6. Fatigue sets in for one team and they have trouble throughout the entire leg, including misreading the final clue of the leg, which instructs team to walk to the pitstop. They use transportation and receive a time penalty at the pitstop. Does their series of errors lead to their elimination?
7. Elimination Leg
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2008, 11:18am by redwings8831 » IP Logged
redwings8831
ForumsNet Member
USA 

View Profile WWW

« Reply #88 on: Dec 20th, 2008, 11:24am »

Again, anyone who hasn't signed up for a leg and wants to write Leg 5 may do so.
IP Logged
verysmiley
ForumsNet Member
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile

« Reply #89 on: Dec 20th, 2008, 5:49pm »

Ok will not post previously on the last leg cuz I am not good at that stuff.  

Check-out times  
1. Fernando & Emiliana – 11:55 PM    
2. Danielle & Theresa – 12:20AM  
3. Alexander & Alexandria – 12:47AM    
4. Freddy & Jordan – 12:50 AM    
5. Alan & Beatrice – 1:01 AM    
6. Pete & Vic – 1:02 AM    
7. Tyler & Hillary – 1:04 AM    
8. Marcia & Daniel – 1:05 AM  
9. Melo & Louie – 1:36 AM    
10. Shandi & Sheena – 3:06 AM  

Fernando and Emiliana depart 1st at 11:55 PM and receive a route Info:  

ROUTE INFO: Take a taxi to the airport and fly to Perth Australia. However, the airport does not let you go straight to the airport to get tickets, you have to go to a travel agency and buy tickets there.  

Teams that take a taxi to the airport are:  
1. Danielle and Theresa  
2. Freddy and Jordan  
3. Alan and Beatrice  
4. Pete and Vic  
5. Melo and Louie  

Teams that take a taxi to a travel agency are:  
1. Fernando and Emiliana  
2. Alexander and Alexandria  
3. Marcia and Daniel  
4. Tyler and Hillary  
5. Shandi and Sheena  

Danielle and Theresa realize their mistake and ask to where the nearest travel agency is and the guy says it 1 hour and 30 minutes away. The rest of the teams find out and get frustrated.  

The teams that went straight to the travel agency find out there is a flight departing in 2 hours and all take the train to the airport!  

The other teams find a flight that goes in 2 hours after the first but you have to be there one hour before. They then find a flight that takes off in 3 1/2 hours. They all get on that one but not happy!  

Luftansa (Arrives at 9:30 am); Fernando and Emiliana, Tyler and Hillary, Alexandra and Alexandria, Marcia and Daniel, and Shandi and Sheena.  

Delta (Arrives at 2:40 am); Danielle and Theresa, Fred and Jason, Alan and Beatrice, Pete and Vic, Melo and Louie.  

The first flight teams arrive at 9:30 am and find a clue!!!  

ROUTE INFO: Drive a marked car to Cottesloe Beach. Once there you will get your next clue!!!  

Teams get in cars in this order:  
1. Fernando and Emiliana - 9:35  
2. Alexander and Alexandria - 9:36  
3. Tyler and Hillary - 9:36  
4. Shandi and Sheena - 9:36  
5. Marcia and Daniel - 9:41  
-------------  
6. Danielle and Theresa - 2:49  
7. Alan and Beatrice - 2:53  
8. Melo and Louie - 2:54  
9. Fred and Jason - 2:55  
10. Pete and Vic - 3:00  

Once at the beach, Fernando and Emiliana find a roadblock!!  

Roadblock: Who digs Australia? The chosen team member must get down and messy an dig in one of the 500 sand piles for your next clue.  

The person in caps does the RB:  
1. Fernando and EMILIANA  
2. TYLER and Hillary  
3. ALEXANDER and Alexandria  
4. MARCIA and Daniel  
5. Shandi and SHEENA  
--------------  
6. DANIEL and Theresa  
7. FRED and Jason  
8. MELO and Louie  
9. ALAN and Beatrice  
10. Pete and VIC  

Shandi and Sheena find the clue first!!  

Route info: Fly to the town of Kalgoorlie, a mining city about 600 kilometers away. To get there take a charter flight thats leaves every hour on the hour. Once there, find the York Hotel to find your clue.  

Teams get on the flight in this order:  

1st flight; 11:00  
1. Fernando and Emiliana  
2. Shandi and Sheena  
3. Tyler and Hillary  
4. Marcia and Daniel  

2nd flight; 12:00  
1. Alexander and Alexandria  

3rd flight; 4:00  
1. Danielle and Theresa  
2. Melo and Louie  
3. Alan and Beatrice  
4. Fred and Jason  

4th flight; 5:00  
1. Pete and Vic  

The first flight lands and Shandi and Sheen find there clue!!  

Detour: Gold or Pub?  

Gold: Take a taxi to The Super Pit. Once there use a shovel and pan and dig for 45 lbs of gold. Once you have it exchange it for your clue.  

Pub: Take a taxi to the Judds Pub. Once there, clean 15 glasses to get your clue.  

Fast Forward: Take a taxi to Kalgoorlie Post Office. Search for the letter addressed to you for your next clue.  

All teams on the first flight go for the Detour, Gold  
Team on the 2nd flight go for the fast forward.  

1. Fernando and Emiliana - Gold  
2. Sheena and Shani - Gold  
3. Marcia and Daniel - Gold  
4. Tyler and Hillary - Gold  
-----------------  
5. Alexander and Alexandria Pub
------  
6. D/T - Gold  
7. M/L - Pub  
8. A/B - Gold  
9. F/J - Gold  
-----  
10. Pete and Vic - FF

Pete and Vic were the last to arrive but decide to take the FF

Teams finish the detour in this order:  

1. Fernando and Emiliana
2. Marcia and Daniel
3. Sheena and Shandi
4. Tyler and Hillary  
------------
5. Alexander and Alexandria
-----------------------
6. Danielle and Theresa
7. Melo and Louie
8. A/B
9. Fred and Jason  
------
10. Pete and Vic

ROUTE INFO: Walk to the pitstop @ Kalgoorlie War Memorial!!

Teams arrive in this order:  
1. Fernando and Emiliana - 6:50 pm
2. Tyler and Hillary - 6:54 pm
3. Shandi and Sheena - 6:55 pm
4. Marcia and Daniel - 6:59 pm
5. Alexander and Alexandria - 8:05 pm
6. Alan and Beatrice - 10:21 pm
7. Danielle and Theresa - 10:30 pm
8. Fred and Jason - 10:31 pm
9. Melo and Louie - 10:32 pm

Last: Pete and Vic: Eliminated - 2:30 am (Hopelesssly lost)  

IP Logged
Pages: all 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8  ...  15 Reply Reply Add Poll Add Poll Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

Previous topic | New Topic | Next topic »

Metropolis Reality Forums » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.